Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I've finished my build, all the hardware's showing up and working aside from the CPU showing 'unknown'...
My ethernet shows up as en0. about to check the App Store & iCloud but before I do I want to make sure I don't do anything that could flag my build...

I'm still waiting for my BT/WIFI card. Is it safe to log into the app store now, or should I wait for the card to get here since my hardware profile's going to change?

Intel i7-8700K recommendation.... anyone have platform id and product model recommendations for an i7-8700K with RX 580 running in headless mode? ... the iMac 19,2 is only 3.2GHz and the iMac 18,3 is a close gen -1 processor. There isn't a clean match.
MacMini 8,1 is a good match for your system. Platform ID would be 0x3E910003 or 0x3E920003 for headless operation.
Very Strange... My Hackintosh has been running strong since April 21 and Id forgotten some of the details. After the 10.14.5 upgrade I was re-evaluating and checking on the new CPU options. I'm noticing in SMBIOS that only the Product Model, BIOS, and System are populated. none of the board or firmware fields are populated. I guess I shouldn't be concerned with everything working but I can't help but wonder. I thought the board and firmware details were normal filled in? Also if I needed to create a matching Board Serial number does anyone have the shell script?
In the SMBIOS page of Clover Configurator, the pop-up menu toward the bottom right side will populate all fields. If you’re using an older version of Clover Configurator, try the latest version.

I've finished my build, all the hardware's showing up and working aside from the CPU showing 'unknown'...
My ethernet shows up as en0. about to check the App Store & iCloud but before I do I want to make sure I don't do anything that could flag my build...

I'm still waiting for my BT/WIFI card. Is it safe to log into the app store now, or should I wait for the card to get here since my hardware profile's going to change?
If you’ve installed macOS 10.14.5, the i9-9700K should be recognized as an Intel i7 if you use SMBIOS name “iMac19,1”.

It’s okay to log into iCloud even before the BT/WiFi card is installed.

It’s okay to log into iCloud even before the BT/WiFi card is installed.
Awesome. Thanks!

If you’ve installed macOS 10.14.5, the i9-9700K should be recognized as an Intel i7 if you use SMBIOS name “iMac19,1”.

I'm on 10.13.6. Since this is going to be a work machine I'm going to stay on in until Mojave's in its final version... Any chance if you know of an easy way to fake a CPU ID in 10.13?
Thanks again...

Dear @CaseySJ, I'm running into some QuickSync trouble as it doesn't work, as far as I can tell, and I was hoping if I could get some help on it.

I believe I set everything right in 10.14.5, and generated the platform-id 0x3E980003 Device patch by Hackingtool, as my manual entry seemed to default to 0x3E910003.

With 0x3E910003 I can see the green line in Intel Power Gadget (latest), but it doesn't respond to the BruceX test (ca. 14 sec in all my tries). With 0x3E980003 no green line shows up, and I still get the same results. In both cases the HD630 doesn't show up in System Profiler. In GeekBench4.2.2 both GPUs do show up.

My BIOS is set to Primary: PCI-E / 64MB Shared / MultiMonitor Enabled.

Kext are all up to date with KextUpdater.app.

I have attached my (stripped) Clover folder, in the hope that someone may be able to point out what I'm missing. I suppose that with the Vega64 8GB + QuickSync BruceX should complete under 10 seconds? I see people with a RX570 finishing sub-10. Is there a better test to see if QuickSync is enabled?

PS: I'm still missing some USB-ports, but that's a matter I can figure out after this. If you find any other oddities, please let me know. The "ACPI PATCH" in ACPI section is for recent BIOS updates that cause the boot to hang on afps initializations, early on.

PPS: I have been reading as much as I can in this thread, but I just am at a loss. My LuxMark score is just fine, and LuxMark seems to report the HD630 as well. I just find it very curious that the BruceX test seems unaffected, whereas people with RX580 + QuickSync (in the BruceX benchmark topic) can relate to <10 sec results.

Attachments

• CLOVER 25-5.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 91
  • Screenshot 2019-05-25 at 12.58.43.png
    Screenshot 2019-05-25 at 12.58.43.png
    203.4 KB · Views: 120
Hello again. This might be a simple question. I am trying to follow your guide and install a fresh copy of Mojave 10.14.5. I seemed to have been caught in trying to get a good download of Mojave the day after 10.14.5 was released.

Your first instruction is download certain files before starting installation. The very first thing is UniBeast 9.2.1 or newer. When I download UniBeast, it is showing up as version 9.2.0-6. Am I missing where to get UniBeast 9.2.1 from?

Thanks
Thaigyver

Your first instruction is download certain files before starting installation. The very first thing is UniBeast 9.2.1 or newer. When I download UniBeast, it is showing up as version 9.2.0-6. Am I missing where to get UniBeast 9.2.1 from?
He must have mistype the version #. Your download is the latest version.

Hello again. This might be a simple question. I am trying to follow your guide and install a fresh copy of Mojave 10.14.5. I seemed to have been caught in trying to get a good download of Mojave the day after 10.14.5 was released.

Thanks
Thaigyver
He must have mistype the version #. Your download is the latest version.
Yes it should be 9.2.0 or newer. Typo fixed.

@CaseySJ
This is the ULTIMATE GUIDE I have seen recently on the forums here !!! Congratulations !!! I have the same setup with a GT710 as Graphics Card and all is ok . Only issue is that as soon as I enable the IGFX on the 9900K in the BIOS , boot is stuck at the Apple logo . Verbose mode shows stuck at Start Uncompress Kernel Cache .... Help !!! Exactly as in the screenshot 2 posts below .... I am on 10.14.5 , Z390 Designare and the 9900K .

Last edited:
Back