Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Based on Installation Overview, your installation is stuck at Step 11. If the system does not automatically throw a kernel panic and reboot, you may reboot it manually and proceed to Step 13. Have you already tried this?

Yes, I rebooted many many times yesterday. Never got to the second corpse error reboot. In fact the installer was incredibly unstable and it took many times just to get Phase 1 installed. I picked up a 580 and trying to see if it will get me through install. The Broadcom card is on the way but if I don't have it for install that should be fine right?

Thunderbolt will not appear in the Thunderbolt section, but should appear in PCI section. This is because Thunderbolt Local Node and Thunderbolt Bus are not available on Hackintosh.

If you have a Broadcom WiFi/BT card plugged into a PCIe slot -- especially one with the BCM94360 chip -- then it should be available out-of-box with no drivers. The Intel CNVi that comes with the AORUS XTREME is not supported in macOS, so we install the following SSDT into CLOVER/ACPI/patched to make it invisible to macOS:

SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-NO-CNVW.aml

Despite the name, it is compatible with your motherboard. This SSDT can be found in Post-Install Files.zip at the bottom of Post #1.
Thanks. I actually only have Intel CNVi card. While for Thunderbolt, I found it in the PCI section.

CaseySJ, I think I'm missing some very basic step that is causing the installer to crash. I got the RX580, started over on the clover settings and had to add the .aml's from post install just to get it to boot.

This is a 10.14.4 install, Clover minus serials attached

Attachments

• CLOVER 2.zip
    7.3 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Hi @CaseySJ here's my EFI. NOTE: I changed SMBIOS to 14.2 in the attached just to clear serials. I am using iMac Pro 1,1 in reality.

OVERVIEW: secondary monitor HP 1920 resolution via HDMI mini to DVI connection; main monitor 4k DP. Both plugged into Vega Frontier. Once 10.14.4, wake from sleep rarely works. Sometimes hdmi monitor wakes but most of the times DP does not wake. Then KP occurs.

I tried
  • agdpmod=vit9696
  • agdpmod=pikera
  • agdpmod=ignore
No go.

I started from USB Mojave (which has older WEG - I created it over a month ago to your guide). Same wake problem.

Further, I do experience the dreaded mouse lag at times which occurs with AMD Vega 64 I have read. What I found is using Kamarang or Iriri in Graphics FB Name along with keeping devices --> properities framebuffer-patch-enable greatly helped. It still jumps but not as bad and moving app windows across monitors is much better.

THOUGHTS: I feel from what I have read is that the issue is the Frontier needs a specific framebuffer. And me just typing Kamarang in Clover probably is not the entire solution. I did a ROM dump and framebuffer dump but do not have the knowledge to go from there...
A little more trial-and-error might be worthwhile as we wait for MacOS 10.14.5, which promises to bring much improved Vega compatibility. Suggestions:
  • Remove the Vega SSDT and check sleep/wake behavior.
  • In Clover Configurator, when selecting a Framebuffer, it may also be necessary to:
    • Enable Inject ATI
    • Enable Radeon DeInit
    • Optionally, enable Load VBIOS
Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 1.19.30 PM.png

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. Still no change. May be hardware ? Same problem in Windows on this machine.
Could something be preventing the 630 from switching from 300Mhz to 1200Mhz ?
This might be worth a try:

CaseySJ, I think I'm missing some very basic step that is causing the installer to crash. I got the RX580, started over on the clover settings and had to add the .aml's from post install just to get it to boot.

This is a 10.14.4 install, Clover minus serials attached
Please try the attached config.plist, but copy your serial numbers back into SMBIOS. Some of the changes made are:
  • Replaced platform ID 0x00000000 with 0x3E9B0007 (in reverse byte order)
  • Unchecked Intel Intel
  • Deleted IntelGFX = 0x012345678

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.2 KB · Views: 116
Hi Casey,

my 2 machines are runnning good now :) but i have a problem with my big LG TV... its booting up and i see everything on TV - then Mojave Wecome screen should be displayed but then TV gets dark..... i have to unplug hdmi and insert it again then picture comes. its plugged in hdmi port of 580. With normal Monitor i dont have that issue. I have 3meter long hdmi cablems which are very good.

That problem appear everytime i boot up.

do you have any idea how i can fix that ?
I have a similar problem with a 50" LG tv attached to another Hackintosh running high Sierra. I am 99% sure it's an issue with the TV not your or my hack.

Your WiFi and Bluetooth configuration looks perfectly fine.
  • Do you get normal Tx/Rx speeds right after boot?
  • But WiFi slows down significantly after wake-from-sleep?
Fixing the wake-from-sleep problem is accomplished by disabling "Wake for Network Access" from System Preferences --> Energy Saver:

Tx/Rx remains in the same range right after boot, after time idle, and after wake. I can discern no difference in wifi performance immediately after boot or after wake-from-sleep. I did disable wake for network access; no change.

BT functionality is more my concern at the moment as 70-100mb is useable for now. (though when I go to download about 2TBs of sample libraries off my server, I'd prefer that didn't take a week haha)

Would seeing my clover folder help?

I have a similar problem with a 50" LG tv attached to another Hackintosh running high Sierra. I am 99% sure it's an issue with the TV not your or my hack.
well and you always stick it in and out ? thats annoying..... a switch on table would be also ok for me ... but i cant aways go behind my table to reconnect it

well and you always stick it in and out ? thats annoying..... a switch on table would be also ok for me ... but i cant aways go behind my table to reconnect it
sometimes I unplug/replug HDMI, sometimes I use the LG remote to toggle to an unused video input then toggle back to HDMI in, sometimes I turn off and turn on the TV.

Back