Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Thanks... I will try that later when at home. (But first, I'm going into the stadium watch my team FC Porto against Liverpool FC. It's Champions League night! )
Please note the updated instructions in previous reply.

Hi,
Finally I have my new Build (Gigabyte Z390 Designare - intel i9-9900K - Sapphire Radeon RX 580 Pulse 8 gb) and I'm starting to install macOS Mojave 10.14.4. I need to clarify some doubts before installation:
1- After startup, at the first BIOS screen using the F9 key the detected BIOS version is F3, do I have to update it to the latest version (F6 - 2019/03/15) with the Q-Flash utility?
During the update with the Q-Flash utility I have two options: Fast or Intact. Which is preferable/safe to choose?
2 - At the moment I am not going to use iCloud services: how can I modify the post-installation phase so that it can be done later, if necessary?
3 - At the moment I don't have the possibility to install a wi-fi / Bluetooth card: how would it be better to modify the post-installation phase so that it can be done later when I have the possibility?
Thanks in advance for Your help

Hi,
Finally I have my new Build (Gigabyte Z390 Designare - intel i9-9900K - Sapphire Radeon RX 580 Pulse 8 gb) and I'm starting to install macOS Mojave 10.14.4. I need to clarify some doubts before installation:
1- After startup, at the first BIOS screen using the F9 key the detected BIOS version is F3, do I have to update it to the latest version (F6 - 2019/03/15) with the Q-Flash utility?
Yes, please update to F6.
During the update with the Q-Flash utility I have two options: Fast or Intact. Which is preferable/safe to choose?
Intact.
2 - At the moment I am not going to use iCloud services: how can I modify the post-installation phase so that it can be done later, if necessary?
No problem. When the Mojave Welcome wizard appears, one of the screens will ask you to login to iCloud, but it will also have a “Skip” button. There’s no requirement to login to Messages or FaceTime, so you may skip any and all steps pertaining to those services.
3 - At the moment I don't have the possibility to install a wi-fi / Bluetooth card: how would it be better to modify the post-installation phase so that it can be done later when I have the possibility?
Thanks in advance for Your help
You should still follow the post-installation steps (but of course skip iCloud, Messages, FaceTime). No special drivers are required for Broadcom WiFi/BT so there’s nothing to worry about. You should still install SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-NO-CNVW.aml to render the Intel CNVi card inoperable.

In the section Specifying Device Names and Attributes, you may skip the entry related to the Broadcom module.

Hi Casey.
Only if you are interested, I can upload USBPorts.kext, and SSDT-EC, created with "Hackintool" App.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-04-17 at 18.05.44.png
    Screenshot 2019-04-17 at 18.05.44.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 100
  • Screenshot 2019-04-17 at 18.06.24.png
    Screenshot 2019-04-17 at 18.06.24.png
    12.7 KB · Views: 111
Anybody who can monitor Fan speed and voltage of MB ?

Hi! At beginning of phase 2, I get a message: "start uncompressykernelcache".
Then it stuck ....

I have an i9-9900K and other RAM (32GB) without that light effects :) . The rest of the components are the same...
I have used newest Mojave installer version from yesterday download.

i did the same selections at the Bios - just this 2 are missing in my bios :
  • DVMT Pre-Alloc → 64M
  • DVMT Total Gfx Mem → 256M
i also used same config.plist preferences

any ideas what i can do ?

Attachments

• IMG_0254.jpeg
    IMG_0254.jpeg
    307.7 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
@fluxgold : what do you mean the params are missing?

hmm, what do you mean ?
what info do you need from me ? :)

@fluxgold : what do you mean the params are missing?
he might mean that in his BIOS setup, there is no option to set the DVMT pre-allocation and total Gfx memory. I have opened my BIOS setting at least a dozen times while getting set up, and only once did I see those settings available. others here have posted the same observation.

Last edited:
he might mean that in his BIOS setup, there is no option to set the DVMT pre-allocation and total Gfx memory. I have opened my BIOS setting at least a dozen times while getting set up, and only once did I see those settings available. others here have posted the same observation.

i

Oh ok! @fluxgold what is the BIOS version of your motherboard? You should have at least F5 as said in the first post of this thread. If not you should update it to latest F6 version.

Back