Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Just noticed, AppleALC is now available in 1.3.7 release version. Not sure if that helps but intro is written only 1.3.4 debug was available.

For the Fractal Design Define R6 I've updated the corresponding USB SSDT (SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-FD-V2):
  • DSL: This is the source file. I've added some explanations to the HS & SS ports. You can use this file with MaciASL to adopt the configuration to your needs. In order to use it with Clover it is necessary to save it in "ACPI Machine Language Binary" format.
  • AML: This is the "ACPI Machine Language Binary" of the DSL file.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC-ALL-DESIGNARE-FD-V2.aml
    657 bytes · Views: 113
  • SSDT-UIAC-ALL-DESIGNARE-FD-V2.dsl
    6.2 KB · Views: 119
Hi Casey.
I need to install XHCI-unsupported.kext as written here in Hackintool?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-04-13 at 18.19.08.png
    Screenshot 2019-04-13 at 18.19.08.png
    52.3 KB · Views: 89
This Golden Build includes it in:

Now we need to install five (5) kexts to /Library/Extensions. All of these files are included in Post-Install Files.zip:
  • AppleALC.kext -- this enables onboard Realtek ALC-1220VB audio.
  • XHCI-Unsupported.kext -- this provides support for USB Controllers such as the 0xA36D controller on this motherboard.
  • FakePCIID_Intel_GbX.kext -- this modifies the sub-vendor ID of the Intel i211 to match Smalltree's sub-vendor ID.
  • FakePCIID.kext -- this applies the information provided in the kext above.
  • SmallTreeIntel82576.kext -- this contains a driver for the Intel i211 gigabit Ethernet controller.

Which are all for the hardware in this Build.

Thanks Casey! How does this affect people with USB 2.0 front panel ports also hooked into the header (in my case, I have a Fractal Define R6). Should I just stick with the Fractal custom SSDT?
Good question. Some comments:
  • If you're not facing any Sleep/Wake problems with the existing USB SSDT for Fractal Design, then it's best to stay with the current configuration.
  • HS11 and HS12 are mapped to the two USB 2.0 front panel ports (labeled F2 and F3) on the Fractal Design Define R6. As such, the connector types are set to 0x00, thereby supporting removable / hot-pluggable USB devices.
  • However, if you are using HS11 and HS12 for Bluetooth, CPU cooler, or other USB device that will not be removed during operation, then it may be better to change connector type from 0x00 to 0xFF.
    • It's easy to make the change.
    • Download and run MaciASL.
    • Replace 0x00 with 0xFF as shown.
Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 10.10.19 AM.png

Hi Casey

In V6 version is missing HS01.
Not in V3.
It's correct?
Max MJALT it's from V3.
Yes that's correct -- HS01 is the USB 2.0 virtual or logical port for the front panel USB 3.1 Gen 2 connector. We removed this because it would have exceeded the 15 port limit. And, of course, no one should be using USB 2 devices on a USB 3.1 Gen 2 port!

As for HS02, it does not exist on this motherboard.

Just noticed, AppleALC is now available in 1.3.7 release version. Not sure if that helps but intro is written only 1.3.4 debug was available.

Thanks for pointing that out -- I've updated the build guide as follows:

"Onboard audio is controlled by the Realtek ALC 1220-VB chip, which is only supported by AppleALC version 1.3.4 and later. MultiBeast 11.2.0 or newer will be used during Post-Installation to install a newer version of AppleALC."

My system is rebooting every 5-20 minutes now. Did a fresh install and the problem is persisting (though it wasn't an issue during the install procedure). Going to run Memtest86 to see if it's a memory fault (I hope not, cause its going to take forever for them to be RMA'd and replaced).
Ouch... Memtest is the logical next step.

Back