• At random frequencies.
  • No, always I must reset from the case
  • I am connecting via HDMI
  • No, Display and Computer sleep set as a Never
  • No, fans are still working. Also, my sleep/wake working without any problem
  • 850W
Different scale messed up the view.
Okay, this sounds like a system crash.

Please compress and upload the CLOVER folder from EFI partition of Mojave SSD. You may remove serial numbers from SMBIOS.

And a screenshot of your /Library/Extensions folder.

Okay, this sounds like a system crash.

Please compress and upload the CLOVER folder from EFI partition of Mojave SSD. You may remove serial numbers from SMBIOS.

And a screenshot of your /Library/Extensions folder.
Here is my files;

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 98
Random question - does adding a USB hub impact the USB port limit? Both my monitors have USB hubs, plus I have a 7 port hub that I keep on the desk for easy hot swap connection. Will using those limit the rest of the ports?

Hi CaseySJ,

I just noticed something weird when I was booting my computer up. After clover boots up there are several disk choices, and the default is the install Mojave one... Is there a way to change the default boot disk? I thought it was only doing that bc my hard drives are plugged in, but it does the same when they are unplugged...

Thanks in advance!

Hi, in the meantime I would like to congratulate you for the guide. I have the following configuration quite similar to yours:

Mainboard: GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS XTREME (BIOS F5)
Processor: Core i9-9900K
VGA: MSI lightining GTX 780
RAM: HyperX Predator RGB 3600MHz 32GB
WiFi: ASUS PCE AC68
All Ethernet and onboard WiFi disabled in BIOS.

I followed the guide using the same settings and I arrived successfully until step 17 of the "Installation overview", unfortunately at this point instead of getting the welcome screen gave me the following error screen.

Error.jpg

Any idea what might have been wrong and how to proceed?

It looks working but actually, it's not. After for a while, the screen turns black even I chose primarily to my discrete GPU.

What I did
  • BIOS --> Internal Graphics --> Enabled.
  • BIOS --> Initial Display Output --> PCIe Slot 1.
  • Platform ID 0x3E980003 for 10.14.4.
  • Delete "device-id" parameter.
  • Delete all of the framebuffer-con* parameters.
View attachment 398729

View attachment 398730

View attachment 398731

View attachment 398732

All pictures look ok just like I said. After a while, the screen is turning black.
what is that software that shows h264 hevc capbility?

Because I have an OWC 14-Port Thunderbolt 3 dock that contains a Gigabit Ethernet port, my PCI --> Ethernet Cards screenshot shows 3 devices. But only the bottom 2 (from the 3rd screenshot you posted) are on the motherboard itself, and both should be operational after Post-Installation.

Have you installed the 3 kexts required to activate the Intel i211 Ethernet port? These are described in Post-Installation section. If you have already done so, please check that Inject Kexts is set to Detect in Clover Configurator --> System Parameters. If the problem persists, please upload your config.plist and a screenshot of /Library/Extensions folder.

Those port limit patches are created by MultiBeast 11.1.0. However, because we use the custom USB SSDT, we do not require these patches. That is why they are Disabled anyway.

Rename HDAS to HDEF is also added by MultiBeast 11.1.0 during Post-Installation. However, you can also add this manually by running Clover Configurator and selecting it from the List of Patches pop-up menu in the Acpi section. Please let me know if you require assistance.

Have you paired the Apple Magic Keyboard? Does it appear in System Preferences --> Bluetooth? I have the same Gen 1 Magic Keyboard and it works perfectly.

@CaseySJ thanks very much mate. Ok so I think Im good now with all the above. I have some other issues, maybe you can help please!

1. When Im on wifi download speeds are very slow, I compared with my 2012 MacBook Pro, same file, same condiitions - 30minutes on the Hack and 30s on the MacBook Pro - any ideas why this is? It's strange. Ethernet I don't have this issue.

2. I am unable to login to iMessage and FaceTime (iCloud seems to be working) - any ideas what I can try?

3. In your going the extra mile section, you mention "System Definition" as the first point to consider. How do I set this up? Are there instructions? I am using my system purely for music production in my home studio.

4. Also noticed that the CPU fan starts spinning faster for a second or 2 and then returns to idle. Any ideas what could be causing this? EDIT:: I think its actually the GPU fans (sh!t that's loud) they come on almost like a false alarm and then go back down to quiet...

Thanks again.

Last edited:
In the "Customise" tab of MultiBeast, mine is only showing "6,2" in the Mac Mini section, no 8,1 or 7,1. Should I just go with that?
Thanks so much for your help :)

Random question - does adding a USB hub impact the USB port limit? Both my monitors have USB hubs, plus I have a 7 port hub that I keep on the desk for easy hot swap connection. Will using those limit the rest of the ports?
Thankfully it does not. The Designare has an internal USB hub at HS07/SS07 that governs the 4 non-red USB 3.1 ports on the rear IO. These would normally count as 8 ports (four USB 2 and four USB 3) but because of the hub, they count as two (one USB 2 hub and one USB 3 hub).

Back