Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hey Casey,

I noticed you updated your guide and included a handy platform chart. I was going to go with the 10.14.4 mac mini (non-headless) for now. Where do I set the platform for my system? Do I have to use 0x3E9B0007 like that exactly? Noticed in Devices --> Properties tab it doesn't look like that.
For non-headless, the Platform ID should remain as 0x3E9B0007. In Devices --> Properties we enter these hexadecimal values in reverse byte order. So 0x3E9B0007 is entered as 07009B3E. So the screenshot is correct. However, you can delete the "device-id" row because with 10.14.4 we no longer need to fake the device ID. The real device-id of the 9th Gen Core processor is 0x3E98, and it is natively supported in this build.

For non-headless, the Platform ID should remain as 0x3E9B0007. In Devices --> Properties we enter these hexadecimal values in reverse byte order. So 0x3E9B0007 is entered as 07009B3E. So the screenshot is correct. However, you can delete the "device-id" row because with 10.14.4 we no longer need to fake the device ID. The real device-id of the 9th Gen Core processor is 0x3E98, and it is natively supported in this build.

Ah lovely, thank you! And the graphics tab in CC should remain blank correct?

@CaseySJ

I tried these;

Fake Id= 0x59128086
ig-platform-id = 0x59120003
Inject intel

I am getting kernel panic when I try to make a boot with IGPU.

And I also tried these;

Fake id= 0x3E9B8086
ig-platform-id = 0x3E9B0007
Inject intel

This time after finishing verbose screen goes to sleep

You also mention about this 0x3E980003 in headless mode. How can I use this in headless mode? I don't know anything about headless mode.
Because you have an AMD graphics card installed, it is necessary to copy Lilu and WhateverGreen to the CLOVER/kexts/Other folder in the EFI partition of the USB flash disk.

If you continue to run into problems, please compress and upload the CLOVER folder from the USB install disk.

Ah lovely, thank you! And the graphics tab in CC should remain blank correct?
Yes, correct. No settings in Graphics page.

H264 is working
HEVC not working
Imac 18.3
device blank
graphic blank
Have you tried adding shikigva=60 to your Boot Arguments in Clover Configurator?

Yes, correct. No settings in Graphics page.

Weird question, but how do I delete my "device-id" from the devices properties window? When I highlight just the device-id row and hit the minus (-) button in that window to delete the property, it deletes the entire entry in the "Devices" window right next to it.

Is that what you meant? Delete that entire entry? I'm on the latest version of Clover Configurator.

Weird question, but how do I delete my "device-id" from the devices properties window? When I highlight just the device-id row and hit the minus (-) button in that window to delete the property, it deletes the entire entry in the "Devices" window right next to it.

Is that what you meant? Delete that entire entry? I'm on the latest version of Clover Configurator.
Screen Shot 2019-04-08 at 7.48.45 PM.png

Yup I did exactly that. Instead of just the row deleting though, I end up with this...

It deletes the entire device.

Going to try doing it manually in Text Mode. Will make a backup of the config first of course.

**Edit: Removed it manually in TextEdit and it seems to have worked**.

Last edited:
The table below summarizes the various options available as of the release of macOS 10.14.4. For more information, refer to the section For Final Cut Pro X (FCPX) and iMovie Users below.
In the table on page 1 you suggest iMacPro1,1 as a headless option (for Pro Apps) with platform ID 0x3E980003 (IGFX disabled in BIOS). I don’t understand this yet: In my configuration (with Vega 64) I am using iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS, too. But I have Internal Graphics completely disabled in BIOS and I’m using no platform ID and headless configuration at all. I am just using the Vega 64, just as the original iMac Pro does, and everything (including HEVC and H264 encoding) is working just fine. So does this suggestion only refer to RX580?

Because you have an AMD graphics card installed, it is necessary to copy Lilu and WhateverGreen to the CLOVER/kexts/Other folder in the EFI partition of the USB flash disk.

If you continue to run into problems, please compress and upload the CLOVER folder from the USB install disk.
I think you got me wrong. I am not trying to install Mojave. I already install and everything working. When I change my primary GPU to IGPU on Bios with these ig-platform-id, I cant boot.

Back