Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hello Mochimino,
  • The Corsair Vengeance LPX 4000Mhz memory should work fine as long as it supports XMP. Any reason you want such a fast (and more expensive) memory? In BIOS, enabling XMP Profile 1 should be sufficient to run this memory at full speed.
  • The Fenvi card in your link does *not* have Bluetooth. It's a WiFi-only card. A good alternative is the Fenvi T919. You should be able to find it on eBay. These cards ship from China so they will take some time to deliver. If you look at the Buyer's Guide in this website, you will find some USB Bluetooth and USB WiFi dongles that are compatible with Mojave. You can use those too, but I still recommend the Fenvi T919 over these USB devices.
  • No problem to use Samsung M.2 PCIe SSDs or M.2 SATA SSDs. Brand does not matter; many owners are reporting excellent read/write speeds with Samsung EVO 970.
Hi Casey, Thanks a lot for you answer!
I just wanted super fast RAM because i plan to build a really powerful station. And also, i won't need to upgrade for a long time if i have something like this. But i will maybe consider going for a 3600Mhz, i just wanted to be sure before choosing my RAM.
Thanks also for the card, i will need to find a solution for shipping. Anyway, i will plug my computer with Ethernet at the beginning so Wifi isn't mandatory.

Thanks again for the support. I will order my components, wait for it, and follow your guide :)

Hi
I really need your help, I still have a problem to play most of movies smoothly, at the beginning i thought it is a problem in Hackintoshe only but i noticed it is even showing in windows with same setup using power dvd media player, i think i had hardware issue, before i had z370N mini itx build working fine with same movies, but I upgrade my system change my motherboard and cpu i used z390 Aorus pro with i9900k and i change my power supply to 650 watte and using only rx580 to see where is the defect, i used same ram i had before it is ddr4 2400 hz crucial 2 rams only
Where do you think wrong issue in my build have a look to attached video to my issue and really appreciate if you can help me, I’m willing to replace any part not matching in my hardware
Is my ram need replacement with another better one?

My ram doesn’t support x.m.p profile option in bios do you think this could be the reason? If I replaced my ram with other model support xmp that will solve my issue?

My ram doesn’t support x.m.p profile option in bios do you think this could be the reason? If I replaced my ram with other model support xmp that will solve my issue?
If this problem happened to me I would do this:
  • Play the movie on a real Mac or a friend's computer to absolutely make sure that it runs smoothly.
  • Testing the movie on both Hackintosh and Windows -- on the same hardware -- was a great idea!! Now we know the problem is not with the O/S installation.
  • It makes complete sense (as you suggested) to replace hardware components one by one starting with memory. You can also run "memtest" to thoroughly test each memory module.

If this problem happened to me I would do this:
  • Play the movie on a real Mac or a friend's computer to absolutely make sure that it runs smoothly.
  • Testing the movie on both Hackintosh and Windows -- on the same hardware -- was a great idea!! Now we know the problem is not with the O/S installation.
  • It makes complete sense (as you suggested) to replace hardware components one by one starting with memory. You can also run "memtest" to thoroughly test each memory module.
Thanks
Do you thank i will include my power supply in my replacement parts trial or it is difficult to be the source of this error

I performed Benchmark stress test (Unigine Heaven), and after the temperature of GPU raised, the fans started to spin. So this means they worked as it should.

The thing is that several minutes later after the test was finished, and after the temperatures went really low, the fans kept spinning. Shouldn't they stop spinning when temperature goes down?

@ummario,

If the fans are not spinning down then you most likely need to use a custom SoftPowerPlayTable as detailed in the guide.
Try with stock settings first .. run the VGTab utility, select your Vega type and then export the data without any changes.
Follow the guide to inject the PP_ properties using clover and see if that helps.

Once its working then you can start to play with some custom Fan, Voltage and Clock settings.

Cheers
Jay

@ummario,

If the fans are not spinning down then you most likely need to use a custom SoftPowerPlayTable as detailed in the guide.
Try with stock settings first .. run the VGTab utility, select your Vega type and then export the data without any changes.
Follow the guide to inject the PP_ properties using clover and see if that helps.

Once its working then you can start to play with some custom Fan, Voltage and Clock settings.

Cheers
Jay

Thank you @jaymonkey! I will do that.

Thanks
Do you thank i will include my power supply in my replacement parts trial or it is difficult to be the source of this error
At this time I do not think power supply is the problem.

ya finally i did it!!!! fantastic hardware acceleration UHD630 and VEGA 64 FE when i exporting Davinci 15.
so many people were wrong way to inject a GPU for HW acceleration.

NO MORE FREEZE when export H264, HEVC(H265), ProRes(Any types) (even though RX580)

and i should be say thank you CaseySJ, how to inject exactly uhd630 with FB patcher.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    404.4 KB · Views: 100
  • 2.png
    2.png
    396.6 KB · Views: 104
  • 3.png
    3.png
    393.5 KB · Views: 101
  • 4.png
    4.png
    229.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 5.png
    5.png
    97.3 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Thanks CaseySJ

I'am very happy to report you
Finally My z390 Disignare+8700+RX580 work Perfectly. Actually much better than real Mac !!!!

Works
1. HEVC Decoding with UHD630 & RX580 works together (CPU load usage less than 10%)
2. HEVC Encoding on Davinci 15 & Finalcut X with UHD630 & RX580 together (CPU load usage less than 20%)
3. H264 Encoding on Davinci 15 & Finalcut X with UHD630 & RX580 together (CPU load usage less than 20%)
4. Finalcut X background proress transcoding UHD630 & RX580 together (CPU load usage is high)

5. Thunderbolt3 Hot swap work perfectly with Highpoint Rocket Raid 4520
6. All USB3.1 3.0 2.0 Ports
7. All other function

All function worked well before, based CaseySJ's guide except UHD630+RX580 works.
I spent 3 weeks to solve this problem but it was not possible for me.

Today @KaseyRamge helped me by Teamviewer remote access. after that like a magic every function related GPU works perfectly.

Thank you for all who share valuable knowleadge to me.

Attachments

• config.plist
    12.6 KB · Views: 168
  • Screen Shot 2019-01-17 at 7.31.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-17 at 7.31.20 PM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 94
  • Screen Shot 2019-01-17 at 7.50.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-17 at 7.50.57 PM.png
    462.6 KB · Views: 99
  • Screen Shot 2019-01-17 at 7.50.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-17 at 7.50.17 PM.png
    456.5 KB · Views: 97