- Nov 11, 2018
- Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
- RX 6800 XT
- Classic Mac
- Mobile Phone
LED of memory will always remain ON during sleep. Here's why:Why is the LED of my memory still lit after my mac sleep? still After one night, can it be repaired? z390 Designare ，i5 9600k，G.Skill TridentZ 8*2，RX580，whenever 10.14 or 10.15，the problem exists，thanks。
- Sleep is not the same as Shutdown.
- During shutdown, everything in memory is erased.
- When we start up again, everything has to be reloaded from scratch.
- Sleep is not the same as Hibernate.
- During hibernate, everything in memory is saved into a disk file.
- When we start up again, the contents of memory are restored from the saved file so computer can continue from where it left off.
- Contents of memory are not saved to disk and not cleared.
- All other components are powered down, but memory remains powered-on.
- This is why we can wake up from sleep so quickly and continue where we left off.