Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Glad to hear it! The entries in PCI are populated by:
If the PCI page continues to remain empty, please compress and upload your CLOVER folder, but redact serial numbers from config.plist.
Thanks for the reply!
I checked the folder and re added them and made sure they were the latest version with no luck, heres my folder. Thanks!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 174
Thanks for the reply!
I checked the folder and re added them and made sure they were the latest version with no luck, heres my folder. Thanks!
Please change iMac19,2 to iMac19,1 by clicking the pop-up menu on the bottom right of the SMBIOS page, then reboot and see whether the PCI page is populated. If it's still not populated please let me know and we can take the next step.

Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 2.26.42 PM.png

Please change iMac19,2 to iMac19,1 by clicking the pop-up menu on the bottom right of the SMBIOS page, then reboot and see whether the PCI page is populated. If it's still not populated please let me know and we can take the next step.

View attachment 429327
Okay, I had chosen iMac 19,2 because of the CPU and I adjusted the USBInjectAll.kext to reflect that, but I'll change it and let you know.

Okay, I had chosen iMac 19,2 because of the CPU and I adjusted the USBInjectAll.kext to reflect that, but I'll change it and let you know.
So that didn't fix it. I should note that I'm currently using a SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 5700 XT unaccelerated, and am hoping for kexts in the next week or so or else I'll be getting a different card. Could that be causing problems?

To my knowledge the 5700 has no MAC compatibility, or is there any alternative to this card?

I only switched though because I wanted to use AptioMemoryFix, as I don't do video/audio editing or anything where the GPU difference would matter. I'd probably switch back to iMac19,1 if it didn't break Quick Look with iGPU off (I think there are additional kexts that can fix this but the less modifications needed the better as far as I'm concerned).

I run my system without IGPU and AptioMemoryFix. I also run iMac19,1. I got QuickLook running with 19,1 by using the following shikigva changes. I forget where I picked it up. But it works just fine.

Code:
shikigva=32
shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94

Those would go into your Boot section.

Boot_args.png

*** SideCar SideDiscussion ***

• On my system, SideCar fails with SMBIOS Mac mini 8,1. The late 2018 Mac mini has a T2 chip.
    • I'll change the SMBIOS to iMac19,1 and try again.
  • I also have an Asus X99 system without iGPU set up as iMacPro 1,1. The real iMacPro 1,1 has a T2 chip.
    • If the Hackintosh ****** indicates that SideCar works on an iMacPro1,1 Hackintosh, I'll find out soon enough.
Meanwhile, for everyone that has upgraded to Catalina and has a compatible iPad:
  • Does SideCar work? If so, what SMBIOS?
  • Does SideCar fail? Is so, what SMBIOS?

Some early results:

User URL SMBIOS Has T2? Motherboard Result
@ummario link iMac 18,3 No AORUS Xtreme Success
@NicoDiePlume link iMac 19,1 No Designare Z390 Success
@NicoDiePlume link iMac 18,3 No Designare Z390 Success
@CaseySJ link Mac mini 8,1 Yes Designare Z390 Failure
@svandive link iMacPro 1,1 Yes Designare Z390 Failure

SMBIOS 19,1 Designare Z390 Radeon VII - works beautifully. Wired and wireless.

When we press F12 at BIOS to open the BIOS Boot Menu and select either the 10.13 drive or the 10.14 drive, the system run Clover on the chosen drive.
  • If the 10.13 drive has its own EFI partition with Clover installed, then that Clover will run if this disk is chosen as the boot disk.
  • If the 10.14 drive has its own EFI partition with its own Clover, then that Clover will run if this disk is selected.
I'm sure you knew this already, but the point is that these are two independent installations of Clover that will not interfere with each other if:
  • You use AptioMemoryFix and ...
  • You install EmuVariableUefi-64 and RC Scripts in Target Volume
Installing EmuVariable and RC scripts has the effect of bypassing the built-in NVRAM in favor of a software solution that writes nvram parameters to a local file in the EFI partition of the booted drive. If both drives have their own EFI partitions, then each drive will have its own nvram.plist and you should not have any interference.

But these two installations can interfere with each other if:
  • You install AptioMemoryFix and ...
  • Do not install EmuVariableUefi-64
In this case, the system will store NVRAM parameters into actual NVRAM. Because there's only one NVRAM, both 10.13 and 10.14 will write values into it.

AptioMemoryFix is being replaced by FwRuntimeServices. But we can still install AptioMemoryFix from Clover Configurator as shown:
View attachment 428981
@CaseySJ Thanks a ton! I had a few snags at first but got Mojave fully working, with L/E and Clover/kexts/other setup exactly as you explained. I've booted it about 5 times, no weirdness so far, so looks like I've got a stable build :)
Geekbenched it with GB 4 and it did pretty well, pics below...

The only thing left is the CPU id is wrong. I know how to change it cosmetically but I believe some pages back I saw there is a way to correctly set it with a hex value but can't find the thread now, (9900k). If you have a link or could explain that'd be great.

Also my SMBIOS is iMac 18,3, will this affect being able to set the CPU id correctly, and would I see any worthwhile gain from changing the SMBIOS to 19,1 or is it negligible?

Thanks again, you sir are a hackintosh god among men! :headbang:

Geek bench 4:

Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 6.28.19 PM.png

Last edited:
I run my system without IGPU and AptioMemoryFix. I also run iMac19,1. I got QuickLook running with 19,1 by using the following shikigva changes. I forget where I picked it up. But it works just fine.

Code:
shikigva=32
shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94

Those would go into your Boot section.

I just did some research about the setting I had found it in the WhateverGreen documents when seeing another EFI folder that used NoVPAJpeg. After seeing NoVPAJpeg had been deprecated by WEG in Hackintool I opted to use the shiki settings.

Now I found this post from @pastrychef . I wonder if I'm not using my setup to the best of its abilities. I've been running without the iGPU and just relying just on the Radeon VII.

Are there folks who are running AptioMemoryFix with iGPU enabled on Designare Z390? Who also have Quick Look working with jpegs?

Back