Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

If I do: kextstat | grep -v apple in Terminal, the kexts that aren't loaded, could they be obsolete?
Some kexts will not load if a device they control does not exist. You should not be seeing any unloaded kexts in kextstat, but if you are, feel free to post a screenshot.

HWSensors3 comes with a set of kexts, but because we're using VirtualSMC to monitor fans and voltages, we should not install any of those kexts.
Was my idea also. The HWSensors page mentioned FakeSMC, so I figured the kexts would do much with VirtualSMC.

Some kexts will not load if a device they control does not exist. You should not be seeing any unloaded kexts in kextstat, but if you are, feel free to post a screenshot.
Terminal Kexts.png
The ones I'm not seeing are:
AHCI_3rdParty_eSATA.kext
AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext
FakePCIID_Intel_GbX.kext
XHCI-unsupported.kext

PS. just downloaded new versions of AppleALC, IntelMausi, Lilu and WhateverGreen. So this kexts list is still with old versions.

View attachment 421442
The ones I'm not seeing are:
AHCI_3rdParty_eSATA.kext
AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext
FakePCIID_Intel_GbX.kext
XHCI-unsupported.kext

PS. just downloaded new versions of AppleALC, IntelMausi, Lilu and WhateverGreen. So this kexts list is still with old versions.
That makes sense:
  • FakePCIID_Intel_GbX is a child of FakePCIID, which is loaded.
  • XHCI-unsupported is a child of USBInjectAll, which is loaded.
  • The two ACHI_3rdParty kexts are not loaded because their internal IONameMatch or IOPCIPrimaryMatch fields do not match to an existing device. These can be removed (but will need to run Kext Utility to rebuild kernel cache).

That makes sense:
  • FakePCIID_Intel_GbX is a child of FakePCIID, which is loaded.
  • XHCI-unsupported is a child of USBInjectAll, which is loaded.
  • The two ACHI_3rdParty kexts are not loaded because their internal IONameMatch or IOPCIPrimaryMatch fields do not match to an existing device. These can be removed (but will need to run Kext Utility to rebuild kernel cache).
So we don't need two ACHI_3rdParty kexts or is that specific recommendation to jrebergen?

So we don't need two ACHI_3rdParty kexts or is that specific recommendation to jrebergen?
It does not hurt to keep them installed, but they do seem to be unnecessary on this motherboard.

Is it safe to say I can follow this guide for my z390 Designare and i9 9900k with dual Rx 580? This is the closest build I've seen yet.

Thank you for this amazing build I am working on my new Hackintosh now and will update you. I am using your step by step rather the going it alone. I am so pleased with this community - everyone is so supportive and knowledgeable. Your build will be my first Hackintosh. Thank you for such great details and visuals. I have almost all your same parts. I been following this build of yours for several months.

It is not strictly necessary to run MultiBeast. Instead:
  • Just copy the EFI folder from USB install disk to EFI partition of Mojave SSD.
  • Then make any necessary changes to the CLOVER folder on the Mojave SSD.
For example:
  • Copy AppleALC to CLOVER/kexts/Other for audio.
  • Run Clover Configurator, open the config.plist, and from SMBIOS section, use the pop-up menu near the bottom right side to select a complete SMBIOS definition (iMac19,1 for example).
If you still run into difficulty, compress and upload the CLOVER folder from either the USB disk or Mojave SSD.
Have no luck getting sound through HDMI, but it does say iMac 19 and reboots just fine. Any other suggestions for HDMI sound? I've read through a few pages from 2017 saying it was supported. Is that true?

External Disks Ejected During Sleep
I'm still trying different solutions, but I'm stuck on this.
Before I couldn't get the sleep working because of my corsair H110i cable USB monitoring, (I unplugged the cable and the sleep/awake it's working awesome). Even my Bluetooth Magic Mouse is working awesome after sleep/wake.

My problem now is my external disk getting eject on wake. It's driving me nuts.
I found this old video, I tried it didn't work out for me.
If you guys have any suggestions I appreciate it.

Back