Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Does anyone know if there an official download link for HWMonitorSMC 2.4.5?

@CaseySJ really don't want to hijack your conversation, but do you have any ideas for me? (Wi-Fi Problem like in the beginning, described again at p671)
Can you please do the following:
  • Provide a link to the exact WIFI card or cards that you have tried.
  • Compress and upload the CLOVER folder from EFI partition of Mojave SSD (remove serial numbers from SMBIOS of config.plist).
  • Post screenshot of /Library/Extensions folder.
  • And finally, download and run IORegistryExplorer and select File —> Save As... Then post the saved file.
This should give us a comprehensive view of the state of your system.

Good question. I was unable to find it so I grabbed a copy from @rj510 and posted it here:

Good question. I was unable to find it so I grabbed a copy from @rj510

Ah, thanks! I didn’t see a link to that in your first post so that’s awesome.

I got everything installed and it’s up and running! I think everything is working, though I don’t have a TB3 accessory to test. I also haven’t stress tested anything but hope to do more over the next week.

I haven’t had a chance to migrate my old computer but I still need to do a backup, probably with CCC as you have done. Your instructions are great and the support you provide is invaluable!

Did you happen to overclock your 9700k? Or are you running everything stock?

Can you please do the following:
  • Provide a link to the exact WIFI card or cards that you have tried.
  • Compress and upload the CLOVER folder from EFI partition of Mojave SSD (remove serial numbers from SMBIOS of config.plist).
  • Post screenshot of /Library/Extensions folder.
  • And finally, download and run IORegistryExplorer and select File —> Save As... Then post the saved file.
This should give us a comprehensive view of the state of your system.

Sure:

- 4331 (working), 4360 (works just in Windows), 43602 (doesn't work at all, prevents OS X boot up, when in x1 Slot gets recognised by Windows though)

Screenshot 2019-08-11 at 20.55.41.png
- don't use /Library/Extensions

btw, which slot do you use for your Fenvi Card? You remember, User @ummario was just able to run his card from Slot x4. I think I can rule out a defective Mainboard (because the BCM94331cd works) and also the cards (work in x58). Something's reeeaaally fishy here.

Edited Info above

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    27.3 MB · Views: 91
  • iMac Pro.ioreg
    9.4 MB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Good question. I was unable to find it so I grabbed a copy from @rj510 and posted it here:
I found it here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/hwsensors3.hwsensors.p/

Hello everyone! Can someone tell me how Davinci Resolve works for you on this build?
I can’t understand why GPU loaded maximum at 20% when i edit and export h.264 (based on info from iStat Menus)
My SMBIOS is Mac 19.1(headless)
Thank you!
Could be iStat is not giving you correct info:
Check post above for HWMonitorSMC, and see if you get correct info there...

If I do: kextstat | grep -v apple in Terminal, the kexts that aren't loaded, could they be obsolete?

Back