Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hello @nadena, glad to hear about the successful build. If you change your system definition to iMac19,1 you will get a new serial number as well. It is possible use an existing non-iMac19,1 serial number, but that can create naming conflicts. For example, "About this Mac" and iCloud might report two different system types.

So it is advisable to change serial number when changing the system definition. This will cause some short-term pain, but will provide better long-term satisfaction.

Different software applications have different licensing and de-licensing methods:
  1. Some Apps have an option to de-authorize the current computer.
  2. Some Apps require a visit to the developer's website to transfer a license.
  3. Some Apps don't have either of these options. Instead, just use the same license code again after changing the system definition, and follow any onscreen instructions.
For option 3, it is better to check with the developer ahead of time.
  • You should also log out of iCloud ahead of time.
Now you can change system definition in Clover Configurator and reboot. When the system starts, run each of your Apps and enter the license code or login to the user account.

Again, thank you very much CaseySJ for everything you do in the forum.
I have changed the definition of my machine and as you said I had to disavow the old machine and authorize this new definition, so with several applications and others transfer the license.

Thank you very much for your invaluable help.

Looking into my 2nd hackintosh, I happened to stumble upon this thread, and I'm so excited I did!

Current and first ever hackintosh sports an Asus Prime Z370-A mobo, i5-8400 6-core CPU, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 650w, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe 500GB, 8GB Radeon RX 580 GPU, a Fenvi FV-T919 (BCM 94360), some random SATA SSDs, and 2 Behringer USB2.0 UMC audio interfaces (404hd and 204?hd).

Works ok-ish, so far, with Logic Pro X and various piano VST's (ivory american grand 2, garritan cfx, etc) but quite annoyed by the frequent slow booting (can take up to 1 minute before my mobo bios beeps, unstable sleep, as well as the occasional audio pop. Created my own usb ssdt too, solved some issues but not all.

So to try and get everything working smooth I've been aiming for some spec'd-out hackintosh and good/better audio interfaces.

Really looking forward to my 2nd hackintosh build, which has by now arrived at my folks' place and I'll be assembling/installing it over the next few days:
Gigabyte Designare z390; i9700K; 16GB of additional DDR4 REAM (making a 32GB total), Fractal Design R6 USB-C case, Presonus quantum Thunderbolt 2 audio interface, applicable genuine Apple TB3->TB2 adapter + TB2 cable, as well as (my current) Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 650w, Fenvi FV-T919, and RX 580.

@CaseySJ Even though I haven't even gotten started yet, just want to express my love for this guide/topic and your build, and I'm just super excited to get everything working flawlessly. I sure realize hackintoshes aren't ever "flawless", but I have some confidence in my Google-skills, and even more confidence in this topic's vividity. So I'm sure this build will turn out amazingly :)

Last edited:
@pianistslogic,

Welcome to the forum! Enjoy the build process and do let us know how it goes. I generally recommend a 750W power supply with a discrete GPU and the built-in Thunderbolt circuit that can deliver up to 100W of power to connected devices, but your 650W supply should be okay to start with.

Hello, I am an apprentice of these forums and thanks to you I am in this world. Thanks to CaseySJ for your help.
My english is a google translator, sorry
My results are these

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2019-05-22 a las 20.57.54.png
    Captura de pantalla 2019-05-22 a las 20.57.54.png
    175.6 KB · Views: 88
  • Captura de pantalla 2019-05-22 a las 20.58.44.png
    Captura de pantalla 2019-05-22 a las 20.58.44.png
    166.5 KB · Views: 93
  • Captura de pantalla 2019-05-22 a las 20.59.26.png
    Captura de pantalla 2019-05-22 a las 20.59.26.png
    164.4 KB · Views: 96
  • Captura de pantalla 2019-05-21 a las 18.20.46.png
    Captura de pantalla 2019-05-21 a las 18.20.46.png
    104.4 KB · Views: 89
I would like to optimize the equipment better
I send you my config.plist and the first result of Heaven
the second result of Heaven under a lot.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2019-05-21 a las 23.08.51.png
    Captura de pantalla 2019-05-21 a las 23.08.51.png
    73.1 KB · Views: 73
  • Captura de pantalla 2019-05-21 a las 23.16.11.png
    Captura de pantalla 2019-05-21 a las 23.16.11.png
    64.3 KB · Views: 83
  • Captura de pantalla 2019-05-22 a las 18.36.07.png
    Captura de pantalla 2019-05-22 a las 18.36.07.png
    137.1 KB · Views: 79
  • config.plist
    7.4 KB · Views: 119
Hello, I am an apprentice of these forums and thanks to you I am in this world. Thanks to CaseySJ for your help.
My english is a google translator, sorry
My results are these
Welcome to the forum and nice to see another successful build today! Those are very good benchmarks. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Hello, I have seen that corint1 has achieved some great results.
You could help me to get them.
Regards

That less after everything I've learned with you.
As a good student, you have to teach the results. I hope that some of them will help you.
Greetings.
CaseySJ

@pianistslogic,

Welcome to the forum! Enjoy the build process and do let us know how it goes. I generally recommend a 750W power supply with a discrete GPU and the built-in Thunderbolt circuit that can deliver up to 100W of power to connected devices, but your 650W supply should be okay to start with.

Will do! Thanks so much for your guide and continued support in this topic. Any idea on how I'd notice the need for a 750w psu? Thus far, I've been using the gpu mostly for w10 gaming on a spare sata ssd, and macos solely for logic pro x/day-to-day usage (i.e., email, documents through a w10 parallels machine, etc).

Just one more question, prior to getting started on all this: do you know of any (darkwake?) setting that doesn't wake the hackintosh from sleep after every key-touch/mouse-movement? Moving my wireless (logitech) keyboards/mice around whilst vacuuming made my a-sleep hackontish wake up. But I'd prefer a hard-power-button push (or perhaps two quick key presses?) to be the only way of waking up?

Also, my external midi keyboard has a powersaving auto-off function, meaning that after, let's say, 4 hours of inactivity, it shuts itself off, but my current build recognises this as a usb interaction, hence it wakes from sleep as soon as the keyboard turns itself off. If you have any advice, I'd love to hear.

Anyway, so very eager to get started on all this! Thanks again and I'll keep you informed.

Back