Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Attachments

• About_This_Mac.jpg
    About_This_Mac.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
I did update a little, so far everything normal. changed my configuration in about .. now says it is an i7 ..
Update: I had a freeze and noticed that on the home screen these lines appear .. see the screen
Some questions about the freeze:
  • Did it happen when using a particular app on the Mac? For example, did it freeze while using Photoshop?
  • Does the system always freeze when using the same app?
  • And when you rebooted after the freeze, then you saw the little horizontal lines during boot?
  • Did the reboot work, or did the system freeze during reboot?
To diagnose the problem, please:
  • Compress and upload the CLOVER folder from EFI partition of Mojave SSD. You may remove serial numbers from SMBIOS section of config.plist.
  • Also upload a screenshot of /Library/Extensions folder on Mojave SSD.
  • Download and run IORegistryExplorer and select File —> Save As... to save the IOReg data. Upload the file.

How about update today 10.14.5 ?

without problem?

i have a same SYSTEMs.

*** macOS 10.14.5 Update ***

Just completed the 10.14.5 update, but this update was somewhat scary compared to previous updates. Here's what you should do and what you should expect:
  • Make a complete bootable backup of your system. Use Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper. Backup the EFI folder as well.
    • Your bootable backup will not be bootable until the EFI folder is copied from the Mojave EFI partition to the EFI partition of the clone drive.
  • Ensure that your USB SSDT is installed and your USB port limit patches in config.plist are Disabled.
    • The Mojave 10.14.4 USB port limit patch is not compatible with 10.14.5.
  • Begin the update from System Preferences --> Software Update.
  • Here's what you can expect during the update itself:
    • After the 2.5GB download, the system will logout and begin installation.
    • A progress bar will appear. A few seconds later the system will spontaneously reboot.
    • At the Clover Boot Menu, "Boot Install macOS from Mojave" will be auto-selected. In the rare event that it is not, use arrow keys to select it yourself.
    • The standard startup process will begin -- an Apple Icon in the center with a progress bar below.
    • Midway through, you might see small purple horizontal lines (@Abdala's screenshot) randomly drawn at the top of the screen. DON'T PANIC and don't interrupt the system. Just wait...
    • About 30 seconds later the screen will go blank. Again, DON'T PANIC. Just wait.
    • The startup process will resume and the macOS Updater will begin. You might see "45 minutes remaining" or something similar.
    • But a few seconds later (maybe 10 seconds) the system will spontaneously reboot! This is normal.
    • At the Clover Boot Menu, "Boot Install macOS from Mojave" will again be auto-selected. In the rare event that it is not, use arrow keys to select it yourself.
    • Now you'll see the Apple Icon in the center once again, and a progress bar below.
    • Midway through, those random horizontal purple lines will reappear. Just wait.
    • About 30 seconds later the screen will go blank again. Just wait.
    • Now the macOS installer will appear and you'll see "45 minutes remaining" or something similar. This should take much less than 45 minutes. The installer will complete the installation now.
    • At the end, the system will gracefully reboot with a 10 second countdown. Let it be.
    • At the Clover Boot Menu, the standard option will now be selected: Boot macOS from Mojave. Don't change it.
    • During this final startup phase you might see those horizontal purple lines again for a second. Don't worry. The system will rebuild kernel caches (which means startup can be a few seconds longer than normal) and then the login screen should appear.
  • Congratulations. You're now on 10.14.5

Notice below that 10.14.5 properly recognizes the i9-9700K processor!!

Screen Shot 2019-05-13 at 7.26.38 PM.png
EDIT 1: If you have a Core i9-9900K, your processor will be incorrectly reported as a Core i7. To fix this problem, set CPU Type to 0x1005 in Clover Configurator. Thanks to @DexterOX and @3Dman for the tip.

Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 2.39.42 PM.png

EDIT 2: The statement in red has been added to build guide.
Screen Shot 2019-05-19 at 1.46.40 PM.png

Last edited:
*** macOS 10.14.5 Update ***

Just completed the 10.14.5 update, but this update was somewhat scary compared to previous updates. Here's what you should do and what you should expect:
  • Make a complete bootable backup of your system. Use Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper. Backup the EFI folder as well.
    • Your bootable backup will not be bootable until the EFI folder is copied from the Mojave EFI partition to the EFI partition of the clone drive.
  • Ensure that your USB SSDT is installed and your USB port limit patches in config.plist are Disabled.
    • The Mojave 10.14.4 USB port limit patch is not compatible with 10.14.5.
  • Begin the update from System Preferences --> Software Update.
  • Here's what you can expect during the update itself:
    • After the 2.5GB download, the system will logout and begin installation.
    • A progress bar will appear. A few seconds later the system will spontaneously reboot.
    • At the Clover Boot Menu, "Boot Install macOS from Mojave" will be auto-selected. In the rare event that it is not, use arrow keys to select it yourself.
    • The standard startup process will begin -- an Apple Icon in the center with a progress bar below.
    • Midway through, you might see small purple horizontal lines (@Abdala's screenshot) randomly drawn at the top of the screen. DON'T PANIC and don't interrupt the system. Just wait...
    • About 30 seconds later the screen will go blank. Again, DON'T PANIC. Just wait.
    • The startup process will resume and the macOS Updater will begin. You might see "45 minutes remaining" or something similar.
    • But a few seconds later (maybe 10 seconds) the system will spontaneously reboot! This is normal.
    • At the Clover Boot Menu, "Boot Install macOS from Mojave" will again be auto-selected. In the rare event that it is not, use arrow keys to select it yourself.
    • Now you'll see the Apple Icon in the center once again, and a progress bar below.
    • Midway through, those random horizontal purple lines will reappear. Just wait.
    • About 30 seconds later the screen will go blank again. Just wait.
    • Now the macOS installer will appear and you'll see "45 minutes remaining" or something similar. This should take much less than 45 minutes. The installer will complete the installation now.
    • At the end, the system will gracefully reboot with a 10 second countdown. Let it be.
    • At the Clover Boot Menu, the standard option will now be selected: Boot macOS from Mojave. Don't change it.
    • During this final startup phase you might see those horizontal purple lines again for a second. Don't worry. The system will rebuild kernel caches (which means startup can be a few seconds longer than normal) and then the login screen should appear.
  • Congratulations. You're now on 10.14.5

Notice below that 10.14.5 properly recognizes the i9-9700K processor!!

View attachment 405550

update complete!

THX! GOD of MAC

After 10.14.5, I could no longer log into iMessage, nor did unlock with Apple Watch work as the option wasn't even there anymore. Opened Clover, added the EmuVariable64 bit driver and now all works again.

Basically the opposite of

1. Optional, but recommended: After performing the two steps above, mount the EFI partition of your Mojave disk with Clover Configurator and use the "Install Drivers" section (lower left) to uninstall EmuVariableUEFI-64.

Back