Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Please try the attached config.plist, but copy your serial numbers back into SMBIOS. Some of the changes made are:
  • Replaced platform ID 0x00000000 with 0x3E9B0007 (in reverse byte order)
  • Unchecked Intel Intel
  • Deleted IntelGFX = 0x012345678
I appreciate the quick response but I'm still getting the same thing... Phase 1 install hangs at 4 minutes and whole recovery locks up.

Followed the guide to the letter and got everything set up and working with the same board and 9900k, ROG Strix Vega 64 +WD Black M2 - Thank you so much for putting this together and then many comments I read to help me get my head around this!

With the GPU fan control - if I am using the middle (2) slot - I should change this code accordingly right?

"Click the + icon under the Devices* box and enter the following PCI address for the Vega card in Slot 1: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)."

Replacing 1 with 2? - haven't run this just incase - but the gpu fan is always spinning on full - it's quite loud although the noise could be the H100i - Attached a snap of it all set up and working :) Thanks again!! :D

I appreciate the quick response but I'm still getting the same thing... Phase 1 install hangs at 4 minutes and whole recovery locks up.
It must be something simple... Let's look at this more methodically:
  • What hardware are you using:
    • Motherboard: Designare Z390
    • CPU: ?
    • GPU: ? If RX 580 is installed, what is the make/model? Hopefully not XFX.
  • BIOS
    • What version of BIOS is installed? F6?
    • Are all BIOS parameters set correctly? Sometimes CSM Support needs to be enabled (depending on GPU).
  • USB Install Disk
    • What is the make/model of your USB install disk?
    • What is the capacity of the USB install disk?
    • Was the USB disk created with UniBeast 9.2.0?
    • Are you installing 10.14.4? (On your Mac, you can right-click on Applications/Install MacOS Mojave and select Get Info to show the version.)
Finally, try the attached config.plist by copying it to the EFI Partition on the USB install disk. This might be trivial, but it's worth repeating:
  • Insert USB disk on the Mac
  • Mount EFI Partition with Clover Configurator or "EFI Mounter v3"
  • Copy attached config.plist to EFI/CLOVER folder

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.9 KB · Views: 132
well and you always stick it in and out ? thats annoying..... a switch on table would be also ok for me ... but i cant aways go behind my table to reconnect it
How old is the TV? Is it a smart TV with built-in apps such as a YouTube viewer, Netflix, Hulu, etc.?

Many of today's TVs have an HDMI port for gaming. This is a low-latency port designed to be used with a computer. If your TV has such a port, please try it.

Another option is to disconnect/reconnect HDMI cable to the TV. When the signal appears, open System Preferences --> Displays, then OPTION-Click Scaled and choose a resolution and, if possible, a refresh rate.

Looks like maybe hardware. Going to start testing that out.

Followed the guide to the letter and got everything set up and working with the same board and 9900k, ROG Strix Vega 64 +WD Black M2 - Thank you so much for putting this together and then many comments I read to help me get my head around this!

With the GPU fan control - if I am using the middle (2) slot - I should change this code accordingly right?

"Click the + icon under the Devices* box and enter the following PCI address for the Vega card in Slot 1: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)."

Replacing 1 with 2? - haven't run this just incase - but the gpu fan is always spinning on full - it's quite loud although the noise could be the H100i - Attached a snap of it all set up and working :) Thanks again!! :D

View attachment 402082
Good job -- looks very nice!!

If you allow me a little OCD, the Corsair logo is upside down. Is this because of a lack of clearance between the two water hoses and the DIMM slots?

As for slot 2, yes, you may replace 1 with 2.

Good job -- looks very nice!!

As for slot 2, yes, you may replace 1 with 2.

Thank you :) - and thank you for confirming - I will run and see what happens!

Tx/Rx remains in the same range right after boot, after time idle, and after wake. I can discern no difference in wifi performance immediately after boot or after wake-from-sleep. I did disable wake for network access; no change.

BT functionality is more my concern at the moment as 70-100mb is useable for now. (though when I go to download about 2TBs of sample libraries off my server, I'd prefer that didn't take a week haha)

Would seeing my clover folder help?
Some suggestions:
  • Have you tried moving the WiFi/BT card to a different slot, even a long slot?
  • Are you able to test the WiFi/BT card on a different Hackintosh or Mac to see if it works properly?
  • Did you buy it from a vendor with a good return/exchange policy! :)

It must be something simple... Let's look at this more methodically:
  • What hardware are you using:
    • Motherboard: Designare Z390
    • CPU: ?
    • GPU: ? If RX 580 is installed, what is the make/model? Hopefully not XFX.
  • BIOS
    • What version of BIOS is installed? F6?
    • Are all BIOS parameters set correctly? Sometimes CSM Support needs to be enabled (depending on GPU).
  • USB Install Disk
    • What is the make/model of your USB install disk?
    • What is the capacity of the USB install disk?
    • Was the USB disk created with UniBeast 9.2.0?
    • Are you installing 10.14.4? (On your Mac, you can right-click on Applications/Install MacOS Mojave and select Get Info to show the version.)
Finally, try the attached config.plist by copying it to the EFI Partition on the USB install disk. This might be trivial, but it's worth repeating:
  • Insert USB disk on the Mac
  • Mount EFI Partition with Clover Configurator or "EFI Mounter v3"
  • Copy attached config.plist to EFI/CLOVER folder
Sorry, I know I should have started with that:

CPU: i9 9900k
GPU: Asus RX580 OC

BIOS: F6
All settings were done to the letter twice. I also tried turning off iGPU which when I was working with the GTX780 that actually got me to phase 2

USB DISK: Sandisk Cruzer 16gb
Yes, Unibeast 9.2.0-6
Yes, 10.14.4

trying the config now

Also, got another USB from microcenter and making a fresh one on it now.

Also, SSD is the Samsung 970 plus NVMe, just replaced with 2 250gb versions of the same thing. It gets through the install but I get a unable to create preboot volume now. Also, trying to reformat causes it to freeze.

Last edited:
@archalys, I think that Samsung NVMe your using is in this Note on the OP

NOTE 4: XFX Radeon RX 580 graphics cards are known to cause kernel panics during installation, and are strongly discouraged. Use a different brand. In my case, the MSI RX 580 Gaming X works flawlessly. Also avoid the Samsung EVO 970 Plus (non-Plus models are okay).

Back