Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Is anyone using this build with an RX580 connected to a DisplayPort monitor with an end-to-end DisplayPort cable? I am getting the black screen/no DisplayPort signal after login. OpenCore and initial boot works fine, though. (BIOS' CSM is off) Please and thank you.

Yep, works fine..... check refresh rate on monitor.

Hit BIOS & set initial GPU to AMD & it will work fine & I use that when I need to get into the BIOS or see the BIOS or do an upgrade & then I use DisplayPort cable from 580 to monitor (LG Ergo 32")

Currently, I have RX 580 out to DP in on motherboard & TB out to monitor (BIOS set to igfx)

Nope. (You are not connecting your RX580 to a DisplayPort monitor with an end-to-end DisplayPort cable, you are using "rx580 out to dp in on motherboard & tb out to monitor")

Is anyone using this build with an RX580 connected to a DisplayPort monitor with an end-to-end DisplayPort cable? I am getting the black screen/no DisplayPort signal after login. OpenCore and initial boot works fine, though. (BIOS' CSM is off) Please and thank you.

@jiffyslot

I normally use an HDMI -> HDMI cable with my Gigabyte Z390 Designare, i9-9900K, RX 580, F9i, CSM - Disabled, iMac19,1, OC 0.9.2, Ventura 13.4. However, I used the EFI you provided for a MacPro7,1 and entered new serial number, etc. I used a DisplayPort cable (I believe one supplied with the monitor) directly from the RX 580 to my LG 34WL85C-B monitor.

After login I had a normal image.

Trying to go from Casey's 0.6.0 OC to this 0.9.2 via USB and I can't even get any text to show during bootup, just a blank screen. I have AMD GPU and use Displayport so I tried both plist's just in case, same result though. I'm on 10.15.7 Catalina and would really like to update OC so I can upgrade to Big Sur. BIOS version F9g and CFG Lock is disabled. Thanks ya'll

Last edited:
@jiffyslot

I normally use an HDMI -> HDMI cable with my Gigabyte Z390 Designare, i9-9900K, RX 580, F9i, CSM - Disabled, iMac19,1, OC 0.9.2, Ventura 13.4. However, I used the EFI you provided for a MacPro7,1 and entered new serial number, etc. I used a DisplayPort cable (I believe one supplied with the monitor) directly from the RX 580 to my LG 34WL85C-B monitor.

After login I had a normal image.
Wow, you used my EFI and it worked? Now I'm really stumped. With the Dell S3222DGM HDMI works fine from 60Hz to 144Hz. But I can't get DisplayPort to work after OpenCore and initial Ventura load. They're both 20-foot cables. But now I wonder if it's got something to do with Filevault –and J160 set in my EFI.

Trying to go from Casey's 0.6.0 OC to this 0.9.2 via USB and I can't even get any text to show during bootup, just a blank screen. I have AMD GPU and use Displayport so I tried both plist's just in case, same result though. I'm on 10.15.7 Catalina and would really like to update OC so I can upgrade to Big Sur. BIOS version F9g and CFG Lock is disabled. Thanks ya'll
Have you tried using the 0.9.2 folder as-is, but copying serial numbers from PlatformInfo -> DataHub into the new config.plist?

Have you tried using the 0.9.2 folder as-is, but copying serial numbers from PlatformInfo -> DataHub into the new config.plist?
Yes, I'm copying all SMBIOS info from my current build but otherwise leaving the folder as is. Tried toggling Secureboot from Default to Disabled as well (since I'm on Catalina I'd think it would need to be Disabled) but neither work. I also tried the last build 0.8.3. And I've tried building my own EFI from scratch but consistently get "OCB: StartImage failed - Unsupported" before I can get to the picker.

IIRC, going from OC 060 to 09x may require an intermediate update to something around OC 072 and then going to 09x from there.
thanks, just tried 0.7.3 as well and get the same "OCB: StartImage failed - Unsupported" error.

These builds from Casey don't create logs for me, but I'm attaching one from my own build just in case anything stands out as a glaring issue.

Attachments

• opencore-2023-06-12-091156.txt
    255.9 KB · Views: 18
thanks, just tried 0.7.3 as well and get the same "OCB: StartImage failed - Unsupported" error.

These builds from Casey don't create logs for me, but I'm attaching one from my own build just in case anything stands out as a glaring issue.
The OCB: StartImage failed error typically disappears once we (a) Reset NVRAM and (b) check/fix disk boot order in BIOS.

At the OpenCore boot picker we can press and release CMD-V to enable verbose logs, then select the boot disk.

Back