Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Thanks @CaseySJ for the reply,

I followed the guide given, including the other guide on Bluetooth and Intel WIFI.

I ran the "nvram -c" command again and formatted the SSD again.

Still the same error: "OC: Failed to bootstrap IMG4 NVRAM values - Invalid Parameter Halting on critical error"

Attached is the EFI folder and the NVRAM content after the whole process.
Some suggestions:
  • There's no need to use nvram -c
  • If you are trying to clear or reset NVRAM, just press space bar at the OpenCore boot picker and you'll find an option on the far right called Reset NVRAM
  • Which version of BIOS is installed on your motherboard? We recommend F9g or F9i, both of which are available from the spoiler labeled Quick Reference to Mini-Guides and Micro-Guides located near the top of Post 1
  • Also double-check all BIOS settings from the BIOS settings spoiler in Post 1
  • Also double-check that when you format your NVMe SSD in Disk Utility, the parent name of the disk should be selected (select View --> Show All Devices)
  • Then choose these settings:
    • Name: (any suitable name)
    • Format: APFS
    • Scheme: GUID Partition Map
Feel free to try the attached EFI folder that has been updated to OpenCore 0.8.6. But copy PlatformInfo credentials into config.plist before use.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    43.9 MB · Views: 43
Some suggestions:
  • There's no need to use nvram -c
  • If you are trying to clear or reset NVRAM, just press space bar at the OpenCore boot picker and you'll find an option on the far right called Reset NVRAM
  • Which version of BIOS is installed on your motherboard? We recommend F9g or F9i, both of which are available from the spoiler labeled Quick Reference to Mini-Guides and Micro-Guides located near the top of Post 1
  • Also double-check all BIOS settings from the BIOS settings spoiler in Post 1
  • Also double-check that when you format your NVMe SSD in Disk Utility, the parent name of the disk should be selected (select View --> Show All Devices)
  • Then choose these settings:
    • Name: (any suitable name)
    • Format: APFS
    • Scheme: GUID Partition Map
Feel free to try the attached EFI folder that has been updated to OpenCore 0.8.6. But copy PlatformInfo credentials into config.plist before use.
It worked out! Thank you very much!

I don't know what I should attribute the success to, because I redid all the steps again and used your EFI.

I'm going to recover my Time Machine and make the last settings and come back to tell you the final result.

Thanks again.

Anyone able to see their AMD GPU temps on OC/Monterey or Ventura using HW Monitor ?

Anyone able to see their AMD GPU temps on OC/Monterey or Ventura using HW Monitor ?

@madmax559

HWMonitor doesn't show GPU temp for me, but HWMonitorSMC2 does show my Radeon RX 580 temp. OC 0.8.6/Ventura 13.0.1. Gigabyte Designare Z390.

HWMonitor Prefs.jpg

HWMonitor Window.jpg

Thanks @NCMacGuy.
Will try this in few hours.

I removed the M.2 cover on the WD 770, removed the black pad and replaced it with a Grizzly Minus 8 2mm pad. I trimmed it, and the SSD temp is now 26c.

I ran some graphics intensive game for 10 minutes and checked the temp. I was still 26c.

Edit:
After 2 days of this machine running, various stuff, the temp in the morning is around 23c & maxes out at 25/26c
So, I guess the thermal pad settled in & the earlier black pad that came with the gigabyte board wasn't thick enough to get the job done ~1.6mm vs newer 2.0 mm

Last edited:
** OpenCore Configurator Users **

Please see this post before updating to OpenCore 0.8.7:

Back