Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Casey provides a efi zipped up & that will work out of the box, once you add your serial/uuid/rom etc etc from the old settings

My issues were related to my bios settings, so make sure you do update the Bios to F9g at the minimum.
Casey's responses are far more comprehensive than mine & I can't thank him enough for being so patient.

(I haven't done any low level c or asm or unix driver work since ~2004, but boy, looking at the stacktraces & tearing my hair out, it sure came back in a hurry :mrgreen: )

I'm very confident you will be able to make a smooth transition from Clover to OpenCore & the side benefit is bluetooth/wake from sleep issues will all be gone
Sounds cool! @Casey sure is patient, haha! I also received help from other forum-goers that were very patient with my near zero knowledge in computer.
I never had wake from sleep or Bluetooth issue (or any issue actually) once my Hackintosh was set and finished, i'm glad it worked.
I assume i can easily choose with OpenCore on boot if i want to boot on MacOS or Windows, just like Clover do? Both systems are on separate SSD.

Last edited:
Sounds cool! @Casey sure is patient, haha! I also received help from other forum-goers that were very patient with my near zero knowledge in computer.
I never had wake from sleep or Bluetooth issue (or any issue actually) once my Hackintosh was set and finished, I'm glad it worked.
I assume i can easily choose with OpenCore on boot if i want to boot on MacOS or Windows, just like Clover do? Both systems are on separate SSD.
Yes, use Casey's EFI on a USB drive &
1. Remove or rename existing kexts from L/E
2. Clear out /etc/rc.clover.lib, /etc/rc.boot.d/*, /etc/rc.shutdown.d

F12 on bootup & at the bios select the EFI partition on USB (partition 1), USB formatted as fat32, guid, etc., etc.

When the OC picker show up, it will show your mac HDD & just boot that up.

What is your internal display set to? iGFX?

Also make sure you are not using any XMP profiles as some of those can make your machine erratic. (Mine are all default).

It’s set to PCIe 1 Slot (using an old Apple Cinema Display), but I just tried it using iGFX with HDMI and a different screen and same problem. The XMP is disabled. Thank you nonetheless, I appreciate it! Seems odd it’s giving me such a run, I feel like I’m missing something obvious!

Is there a setting I need to change since I’m installing it on an M.2 drive? I don’t see it listed under my bootable drives when my BIOS are set to the recommended settings from the first page of this thread, but it does see the drive in Settings->NVMe configuration.

It’s set to PCIe 1 Slot (using an old Apple Cinema Display), but I just tried it using iGFX with HDMI and a different screen and same problem. The XMP is disabled. Thank you nonetheless, I appreciate it! Seems odd it’s giving me such a run, I feel like I’m missing something obvious!

Is there a setting I need to change since I’m installing it on an M.2 drive? I don’t see it listed under my bootable drives when my BIOS are set to the recommended settings from the first page of this thread, but it does see the drive in Settings->NVMe configuration.

There are 2 slots M2P & M2M

Using both at the same time with 2 different SSDs will disable some of your SATA ports.
I am using one M2 SSD & the rest are SATA.

See page 28/29 of the manual

My internal gfx is set to iGFX, even though I have an AMD RX 580 in pci slot 1.

My output is from the TB port to the 32" LG UN880 TB/USB-C in, though I can also use the AMD Display Port out to the monitor, though I like the thinner TB cable.

Internal HDMI also works. I tested that once, just to make sure it worked.
My current resolution over TB is 2560x1440; any higher & I can't read the text.

Everything else in BIOS is default/vanilla with no overclock/voltage tweaks to cpu or memory (4x16GB HyperX DDR4 modules or something).

It looks like for NVMe M.2 ssSSDd users this is the best option at the moment.

1. Crucial P1 1TB 3D NAND NVMe PCIe Internal SSD, up to 2000MB/s - CT1000P1SSD8 @ $77
  2. Crucial P2 2TB 3D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD Up to 2400MB/s - CT2000P2SSD8 @ $149
I'm probably going to use one of the above in my system.
Due to the quirks on this Z390 Designaire board, I can't use the 2nd M.2 slot without loosing some SATA ports, so there will be a fair amount of fiddling going on.

Edit:
Initial build in 2019 had the i9900 + 64gb ram, 1x1TB EVO 970 (m2), 2x 1TB 860 SSD, 2 x WD 6TB (SATA), so I had to fiddle with BIOS settings, and I just used the primary M.2 slot.
I'm using 2x - Pioneer 1TB NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 Gen 3x4 Internal Solid State Drive SSD Series (APS-SE20Q-1T) in my build with no issues. I'm running OC REL-086-2022-11-07 and Monterey 12.6. I plan on upgrading to Ventura over the holiday period.

Hello,i installed the new macos Ventura (13.0.1 (22A400) all work great but i have some question with new features....

1-With the new feature "stage manager" when execute it i go to desktop with mission control and i go to a file to view a preview with space bar dont work¡¡

2-my location in maps or the weather dont work.....(i checked tab in option)

Could you try it if you have it installed?

thx

Hello,i installed the new macos Ventura (13.0.1 (22A400) all work great but i have some question with new features....

1-With the new feature "stage manager" when execute it i go to desktop with mission control and i go to a file to view a preview with space bar dont work¡¡

2-my location in maps or the weather dont work.....(i checked tab in option)

Could you try it if you have it installed?

thx
Hi. I found that if I go into System Services/Location Services and toggle (turn off then back on) both the Maps and Weather services, the location works in Maps and Weather. Hope this works for you.

Not sure about your first point.

Hi. I found that if I go into System Services/Location Services and toggle (turn off then back on) both the Maps and Weather services, the location works in Maps and Weather. Hope this works for you.

Not sure about your first point.
I tested and didn't work for me. :banghead:

- the first point its when i use stage manager and i go to desktop,the preview for any file dont work...

Last edited:
Back