Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey jeff... Thanks but...

As written, I already did follow section 11 to the letter with CC cloner once and it worked great. But, having a Paid version of Super Duper, i'm asking on how to do this with Super Duper...

Different software ;)

Last edited:
Motherboard
AsRock Taïchi Z-370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Alas I've not used SuperDuper, but I would check if it has the same "Legacy Bootable Backup" option as CCC. We can also search the SuperDuper help document or user manual for instructions on making a bootable backup. To clone the EFI folder, we can always manually mount source and destination partitions, then manually copy the EFI folder.
Hi Casey. Thanks for replying. I did use SuDuper and it cloned. I booted back from it to test. Even without copying the EFI to the clone partition, it did boot back. But I,m gonna assume that is because it's OC, and that if the main drive were to die for a reason, without it's own EFI (meaning an efi on the clone), it probably wouldn't boot back.

Last edited:
Motherboard
AsRock Taïchi Z-370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Alas I've not used SuperDuper, but I would check if it has the same "Legacy Bootable Backup" option as CCC. We can also search the SuperDuper help document or user manual for instructions on making a bootable backup. To clone the EFI folder, we can always manually mount source and destination partitions, then manually copy the EFI folder.
There is no legacy mode in super duper from what I've seen. There is a possibility to run before copy and after copy shell scripts. Just don't know if it's necessary...

If not That Makes Super Duper a one click option less complicated then CC cloner....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-10-05 at 7.24.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-05 at 7.24.01 PM.png
    71.8 KB · Views: 12

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
There is no legacy mode in super duper from what I've seen. There is a possibility to run before copy and after copy shell scripts. Just don't know if it's necessary...

If not That Makes Super Duper a one click option less complicated then CC cloner....
The EFIClone script “should” be compatible with SuperDuper. It would be good to set TEST_FLAG inside the script to Y to enable safe mode (destination will not be touched) and try attaching the script to “After Copy”.

However, we have to ensure that the destination disk is formatted in Disk Utility with scheme set to GUID Partition Map. This creates an EFI partition in addition to APFS.

Motherboard
Gigabyte B550 Vision D
CPU
Ryzen 5900X
Graphics
RX 6800
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Actually I have found an easier way to clone if you have a hack. Get a copy of Clonezilla onto a CD or DVD and boot it from startup. It can make a fully bootable copy of any macOS drive including Monterey and Ventura because it can read HFS/APFS formats. I'd recently used this to fully clone my Monterey SSD to an internal NVMe drive which was giving me problems with Superduper and CCC.

Motherboard
AsRock Taïchi Z-370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
The EFIClone script “should” be compatible with SuperDuper. It would be good to set TEST_FLAG inside the script to Y to enable safe mode (destination will not be touched) and try attaching the script to “After Copy”.

However, we have to ensure that the destination disk is formatted in Disk Utility with scheme set to GUID Partition Map. This creates an EFI partition in addition to APFS.
Not Sure I understand why we should use this complicated script if all we ave to do is format the destialtuion drive to APFS GUID, Clone (one click with Super duper), mount the cloned drive then copy the EFI to it....Am I missing something?

Motherboard
AsRock Taïchi Z-370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Actually I have found an easier way to clone if you have a hack. Get a copy of Clonezilla onto a CD or DVD and boot it from startup. It can make a fully bootable copy of any macOS drive including Monterey and Ventura because it can read HFS/APFS formats. I'd recently used this to fully clone my Monterey SSD to an internal NVMe drive which was giving me problems with Superduper and CCC.
Cool solution yet the last CD and or DVD burner that I installed in a machine was in 2009 (kidding a bit but not too far ;)

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Not Sure I understand why we should use this complicated script if all we ave to do is format the destialtuion drive to APFS GUID, Clone (one click with Super duper), mount the cloned drive then copy the EFI to it....Am I missing something?
If you will always remember to manually mount and copy the EFI folder, then no need for the script. If you want a one-step operation, the script makes it happen.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte B550 Vision D
CPU
Ryzen 5900X
Graphics
RX 6800
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Cool solution yet the last CD and or DVD burner that I installed in a machine was in 2009 (kidding a bit but not too far ;)
Well you can always get a cheap USB based one. All it needs is a standard DVD-R burner.
Or a USB flash stick.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare z390
CPU
i9 9900k
Graphics
Vega Frontier
Classic Mac
  1. LC
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
@CaseySJ I'm running 12.6.0, OC 0.8.3 with iMac Pro1,1 and have had great success for 3 years EXCEPT in video editing. I freeze up a lot in Adobe Premiere, I look at my Radeon Frontier GPU and the load lights are always fully on when it freezes. This occurred before I ran OpenCore, has occurred in headless and non-headless configurations, and has occurred under different SMBIOS.

I recently saw a post from you saying boot argument "agdpmod=pikera" should be disabled when running VEGA cards.

PROBLEM
HackinDrom shows I indeed have this boot argument running (see screenshot) but when I open my config file in OpenCore I don't see it. I even tried opening it in textedit and CloverConfigurator - they all don't show any boot configurations.

I don't even know if this will help me or not but the first thing I need to do is figure out how to edit what my boot arguments really are. Thank you for any help!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-10-07 at 3.10.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-07 at 3.10.53 PM.png
    405.6 KB · Views: 25