Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Good morning everyone. @CaseySJ help me....

I'm having a serious problem and I need to solve it, I have a Highpoint 3740 board, more than 3 years ago that worked perfectly on my HACK.
Today I went to update the bios of this card, everything went normal without problem.
Only now it doesn't load Raid on Mac anymore.
I booted from windows and there everything is normal, it shows the Raid is perfect.
On MAC I have already installed other versions of OC and also reset bios etc.. it does not load. When I go to look at the MAC preferences, the card is recognized, it just doesn't load the RAID.
What can it be ?
I need to solve this very quickly because I have work to execute on the MAC.

See the screen and how the card is recognized, would it be something to be placed in the EFI?

No load driver.

Thanks.
According to the Highpoint documentation online, the following are needed:
  • Drivers --> Intel --> pre-installed. So no external drivers needed.
    Screenshot 2022-09-14 at 11.20.17 AM.png
  • Secure Boot --> disabled. This is already disabled in the BIOS on your system. So you can ignore this.
  • SIP --> disabled. Highpoint recommends disabling SIP in older versions of macOS. In Monterey it's not necessary, but try disabling SIP anyway. This can be done by changing csr-active-config to FF0700000as shown.
    • Reboot after making this change.
Screenshot 2022-09-14 at 11.17.01 AM.png

Motherboard
z390 Designare
CPU
i9 9900k
Graphics
Radeon 6900xt
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  • Drivers --> Intel --> pre-installed. So no external drivers needed.View attachment 554682
  • Secure Boot --> disabled. This is already disabled in the BIOS on your system. So you can ignore this.
  • SIP --> disabled. Highpoint recommends disabling SIP in older versions of macOS. In Monterey it's not necessary, but try disabling SIP anyway. This can be done by changing csr-active-config to FF0700000as shown.
    • Reboot after making this change.
View attachment 554681
I have two Highpoint RAIDs, and I've experienced this a few times over beginning of Monterey. It's definitely a driver issue. Don't panic. LOL! :rolleyes:

I actually contacted their support and was given a special driver not on the website. I believe it works for Monterey 12.0-12.3

You have to install, then allow the extension in Security Preferences, then reboot.

Attachments

• HighPointRR Driver Installation Guide.pdf
    757.8 KB · Views: 14
  • HighPointRR_Mac_1012_1015_v4.22.0_20_10_26.dmg
    794.6 KB · Views: 11
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
To refresh my memory:
  • You're doing a fresh, clean installation of Monterey 12.5.x on new WD SN 750?
Yes, correct.
  • OpenCore version is 0.8.3?
Correct. I copied my EFI file as you suggested to my USB stick.
  • PlatformInfo credentials have been transferred to the new config.plist?
I will double-check this when I send the screenshots.
  • This is on a Z390 Designare?
Yes
  • Which version of BIOS is installed?
F9g
  • What is the memory (DIMM) configuration? 2 DIMMs? 4 DIMMs? Size of each DIMM?
4 DIMMS each w/ 16 GB
  • Which WiFi/BT card are you using?
Broadcom
  • Is an Ethernet cable connected to either of the two 1Gbps Ethernet ports? (If so, please disconnect and see if that helps.)
Yes, it was. This was the issues. I am able to finish the set-up. Now I just need to move over my EFI. I think I am good for now.
Follow-ups:
  • Please post these screenshots:
    • OpenCore Configurator --> ACPI
    • OpenCore Configurator --> Kernel
    • OpenCore Configurator --> UEFI --> Drivers
Thanks @CaseySJ . I believe it was the ethernet cable.

Rag

Motherboard
Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi
CPU
i9-13900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello @CaseySJ thanks
I did all the procedures you indicated. Even so, it doesn't mount the RAID, the only thing that has changed is now in the extensions it sees the 3740 card, and it's not loading the drive. see the screen

Attachments

• Captura de Tela 2022-09-14 às 16.15.38.png
    Captura de Tela 2022-09-14 às 16.15.38.png
    526.5 KB · Views: 8

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello @CaseySJ thanks
I did all the procedures you indicated. Even so, it doesn't mount the RAID, the only thing that has changed is now in the extensions it sees the 3740 card, and it's not loading the drive. see the screen
Have you seen @archalys' post above? It contains a new Highpoint driver. Here's the link to the post:

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Yes, correct.

Correct. I copied my EFI file as you suggested to my USB stick.

I will double-check this when I send the screenshots.

Yes

F9g

4 DIMMS each w/ 16 GB

Broadcom

Yes, it was. This was the issues. I am able to finish the set-up. Now I just need to move over my EFI. I think I am good for now.

Thanks @CaseySJ . I believe it was the ethernet cable.
Hey @CaseySJ et all, I think I am good to go. 12.6 Loaded, need to install Apollo Software and check that out still, but other than that everything works so far. However, there are a couple annoying things:
1. On Boot, the OSC: No schema.... shows up. You mentioned something to change in the config.plist?
2. Keyboard is not being recognized, need to go through set-up with each reboot. Using Cosair K55 USB Keyboard
3. I keep getting another pop-up on reboot, "The Disk you attached was not readable". Are these the other disks on my machine that I have not partitioned? I am assuming yes, but thought I would ask.
4. Any other recommendations on things to check?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 2.43.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 2.43.52 PM.png
    50 KB · Views: 15
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 2.36.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 2.36.34 PM.png
    117.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 2.33.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 2.33.30 PM.png
    84.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0106.jpeg
    IMG_0106.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 20

Rag

Motherboard
CPU
i9-13900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have two Highpoint RAIDs, and I've experienced this a few times over beginning of Monterey. It's definitely a driver issue. Don't panic. LOL! :rolleyes:
Thank @archalys you for your help. Now that I saw your post, when Casey spoke.
Sorry.
I downloaded and tried to install, also without success, I got to install on a version of monterey 12.4 and it does not recognize. I'm using version 12.6 (latest) I don't know what else to do, maybe it's time to contact their support. Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks.

Rag

Motherboard
CPU
i9-13900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Have you seen @archalys' post above? It contains a new Highpoint driver. Here's the link to the post:
Hello @CaseySJ, I saw and tried to install in different ways, because I have several backups, from monterey, version 12.4 and 12.6 but without success. I think it's something in the oc configuration.. in the driver ..

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey @CaseySJ et all, I think I am good to go. 12.6 Loaded, need to install Apollo Software and check that out still, but other than that everything works so far. However, there are a couple annoying things:
1. On Boot, the OSC: No schema.... shows up. You mentioned something to change in the config.plist?
This just indicates a mismatch between the version of OpenCore you're using, and the version of OpenCore Configurator (OCC). When you run OpenCore Configurator, the title bar tells us which version of OpenCore is being supported. If you're using OpenCore Configurator 2.62.1.0, then only OpenCore 0.8.4 and 0.8.5 are supported.

Option 1: Use OpenCore Configurator 2.62.0.0. Set it to OpenCore 0.8.3 Release Version. Open your config.plist in the app, then click each section on the left side without making any changes (ACPI, Booter, DeviceProperties, ...) and save the file. Reboot. Problem should be gone.

Option 2: If you're using OCC 2.62.1.0, then upgrade to OpenCore 0.8.4 using HackinDROM App. Mount your EFI partition then right-click in the App on the left side and select Update.

2. Keyboard is not being recognized, need to go through set-up with each reboot. Using Cosair K55 USB Keyboard
Can you post a screenshot of the dialog box that comes up?

3. I keep getting another pop-up on reboot, "The Disk you attached was not readable". Are these the other disks on my machine that I have not partitioned? I am assuming yes, but thought I would ask.
Yes, one of the disks in the system may not have been formatted yet.

4. Any other recommendations on things to check?
Check the following:
  • Sleep and wake; then check it two more times a couple minutes apart
  • Does system crash if Ethernet cable is plugged in?
    • If so, please post screenshot of OpenCore Configurator --> Kernel section
  • Does Message app work?
  • Does FaceTime work?
  • Does App Store work?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
This just indicates a mismatch between the version of OpenCore you're using, and the version of OpenCore Configurator (OCC). When you run OpenCore Configurator, the title bar tells us which version of OpenCore is being supported. If you're using OpenCore Configurator 2.62.1.0, then only OpenCore 0.8.4 and 0.8.5 are supported.

Option 1: Use OpenCore Configurator 2.62.0.0. Set it to OpenCore 0.8.3 Release Version. Open your config.plist in the app, then click each section on the left side without making any changes (ACPI, Booter, DeviceProperties, ...) and save the file. Reboot. Problem should be gone.

Option 2: If you're using OCC 2.62.1.0, then upgrade to OpenCore 0.8.4 using HackinDROM App. Mount your EFI partition then right-click in the App on the left side and select Update.
@CaseySJ I tried to update to OC 0.8.4 but got a config.plist validation error. See screenshoot below. Should I install anyway?
Can you post a screenshot of the dialog box that comes up?
When I did a hard boot to recover from sleep/wake issue, did not get the Keyboard set-up screen. I will keep an eye on this one.
Yes, one of the disks in the system may not have been formatted yet.
OK, thanks.
Check the following:
  • Sleep and wake; then check it two more times a couple minutes apart
Having issues w/ Sleep/Wake. System would not recover once my machine went to sleep. Took some screenshots of ACPI and Kernel files that are enabled in my system. I read in one of the responses in your thread that I may need to disable the USBWakeFixup Kext? Please confirm.
  • Does system crash if Ethernet cable is plugged in?
    • If so, please post screenshot of OpenCore Configurator --> Kernel section
No, ethernet connected just fine.
  • Does Message app work?
Yes
  • Does FaceTime work?
Yes
  • Does App Store work?
Yes

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 9.43.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 9.43.22 PM.png
    63.1 KB · Views: 19