Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hello @CaseySJ thanks
I did all the procedures you indicated. Even so, it doesn't mount the RAID, the only thing that has changed is now in the extensions it sees the 3740 card, and it's not loading the drive. see the screen
Have you seen @archalys' post above? It contains a new Highpoint driver. Here's the link to the post:

Yes, correct.

Correct. I copied my EFI file as you suggested to my USB stick.

I will double-check this when I send the screenshots.

Yes

F9g

4 DIMMS each w/ 16 GB

Broadcom

Yes, it was. This was the issues. I am able to finish the set-up. Now I just need to move over my EFI. I think I am good for now.

Thanks @CaseySJ . I believe it was the ethernet cable.
Hey @CaseySJ et all, I think I am good to go. 12.6 Loaded, need to install Apollo Software and check that out still, but other than that everything works so far. However, there are a couple annoying things:
1. On Boot, the OSC: No schema.... shows up. You mentioned something to change in the config.plist?
2. Keyboard is not being recognized, need to go through set-up with each reboot. Using Cosair K55 USB Keyboard
3. I keep getting another pop-up on reboot, "The Disk you attached was not readable". Are these the other disks on my machine that I have not partitioned? I am assuming yes, but thought I would ask.
4. Any other recommendations on things to check?

Attachments

• IMG_0106.jpeg
    IMG_0106.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 27
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 2.33.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 2.33.30 PM.png
    84.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 2.36.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 2.36.34 PM.png
    117.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 2.43.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 2.43.52 PM.png
    50 KB · Views: 25
I have two Highpoint RAIDs, and I've experienced this a few times over beginning of Monterey. It's definitely a driver issue. Don't panic. LOL! :rolleyes:
Thank @archalys you for your help. Now that I saw your post, when Casey spoke.
Sorry.
I downloaded and tried to install, also without success, I got to install on a version of monterey 12.4 and it does not recognize. I'm using version 12.6 (latest) I don't know what else to do, maybe it's time to contact their support. Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks.

Have you seen @archalys' post above? It contains a new Highpoint driver. Here's the link to the post:
Hello @CaseySJ, I saw and tried to install in different ways, because I have several backups, from monterey, version 12.4 and 12.6 but without success. I think it's something in the oc configuration.. in the driver ..

Hey @CaseySJ et all, I think I am good to go. 12.6 Loaded, need to install Apollo Software and check that out still, but other than that everything works so far. However, there are a couple annoying things:
1. On Boot, the OSC: No schema.... shows up. You mentioned something to change in the config.plist?
This just indicates a mismatch between the version of OpenCore you're using, and the version of OpenCore Configurator (OCC). When you run OpenCore Configurator, the title bar tells us which version of OpenCore is being supported. If you're using OpenCore Configurator 2.62.1.0, then only OpenCore 0.8.4 and 0.8.5 are supported.

Option 1: Use OpenCore Configurator 2.62.0.0. Set it to OpenCore 0.8.3 Release Version. Open your config.plist in the app, then click each section on the left side without making any changes (ACPI, Booter, DeviceProperties, ...) and save the file. Reboot. Problem should be gone.

Option 2: If you're using OCC 2.62.1.0, then upgrade to OpenCore 0.8.4 using HackinDROM App. Mount your EFI partition then right-click in the App on the left side and select Update.

2. Keyboard is not being recognized, need to go through set-up with each reboot. Using Cosair K55 USB Keyboard
Can you post a screenshot of the dialog box that comes up?

3. I keep getting another pop-up on reboot, "The Disk you attached was not readable". Are these the other disks on my machine that I have not partitioned? I am assuming yes, but thought I would ask.
Yes, one of the disks in the system may not have been formatted yet.

4. Any other recommendations on things to check?
Check the following:
  • Sleep and wake; then check it two more times a couple minutes apart
  • Does system crash if Ethernet cable is plugged in?
    • If so, please post screenshot of OpenCore Configurator --> Kernel section
  • Does Message app work?
  • Does FaceTime work?
  • Does App Store work?

This just indicates a mismatch between the version of OpenCore you're using, and the version of OpenCore Configurator (OCC). When you run OpenCore Configurator, the title bar tells us which version of OpenCore is being supported. If you're using OpenCore Configurator 2.62.1.0, then only OpenCore 0.8.4 and 0.8.5 are supported.

Option 1: Use OpenCore Configurator 2.62.0.0. Set it to OpenCore 0.8.3 Release Version. Open your config.plist in the app, then click each section on the left side without making any changes (ACPI, Booter, DeviceProperties, ...) and save the file. Reboot. Problem should be gone.

Option 2: If you're using OCC 2.62.1.0, then upgrade to OpenCore 0.8.4 using HackinDROM App. Mount your EFI partition then right-click in the App on the left side and select Update.
@CaseySJ I tried to update to OC 0.8.4 but got a config.plist validation error. See screenshoot below. Should I install anyway?
Can you post a screenshot of the dialog box that comes up?
When I did a hard boot to recover from sleep/wake issue, did not get the Keyboard set-up screen. I will keep an eye on this one.
Yes, one of the disks in the system may not have been formatted yet.
OK, thanks.
Check the following:
  • Sleep and wake; then check it two more times a couple minutes apart
Having issues w/ Sleep/Wake. System would not recover once my machine went to sleep. Took some screenshots of ACPI and Kernel files that are enabled in my system. I read in one of the responses in your thread that I may need to disable the USBWakeFixup Kext? Please confirm.
  • Does system crash if Ethernet cable is plugged in?
    • If so, please post screenshot of OpenCore Configurator --> Kernel section
No, ethernet connected just fine.
  • Does Message app work?
Yes
  • Does FaceTime work?
Yes
  • Does App Store work?
Yes

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 9.54.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 9.54.02 PM.png
    220.6 KB · Views: 25
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 9.53.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 9.53.52 PM.png
    116.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 9.43.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 9.43.22 PM.png
    63.1 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Good morning, I found the problem because the 3740 HighPoint did not work. SSDT TB3HP was disabled ... Strangely this happened after installing the new FW, and coincidentally I was generating new versions of the EFI and this option appears unchecked.

Attachments

• Captura de tela 15.09.2022 às 09.20.22 AM.png
    Captura de tela 15.09.2022 às 09.20.22 AM.png
    266.8 KB · Views: 30
Good morning, I found the problem because the 3740 HighPoint did not work. SSDT TB3HP was disabled ... Strangely this happened after installing the new FW, and coincidentally I was generating new versions of the EFI and this option appears unchecked.
@Rag,

There are two Thunderbolt Hot Plug SSDTs:
  • SSDT-TB3-HackinDROM.aml
    • This is for on-board Thunderbolt controller (RP05)
  • SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-TB3HP-V4.aml
    • This is for add-in Thunderbolt card such as GC-Titan Ridge installed in middle long slot (PEG1) just under the GPU
Some comments:
  • These Thunderbolt hot-plug SSDTs will not affect your Highpoint RAID card (unless it is installed in middle long slot)
  • Which slot is your Highpoint RAID card installed in?
  • If you do not have an add-in Thunderbolt card such as GC-Titan Ridge, then uncheck the second SSDT above.

Hi @CaseySJ , please what is the latest SSDT-TbtOnPch SSDT? Got a Yoga 720 with this SSDT and it seems to exclude displays from the thunderbolt connection. Everything works: Hotplug, Wake from Sleep and Thunderbolt Bus but I am trying to use the laptop in clamshell mode alone however the display won't pick up after boot until I remove and replug the TB Cable. Please help?

_L6D is my Level-triggered GPE method
_E24 is my Edge-triggered GPE method

IOReg

Screen Shot 2022-09-16 at 4.36.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-16 at 4.37.17 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-16 at 4.37.47 AM.png

Attachments

• SSDT-TbtOnPch-Yoga-720.aml
    4.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Hi @CaseySJ , please what is the latest SSDT-TbtOnPch SSDT? Got a Yoga 720 with this SSDT and it seems to exclude displays from the thunderbolt connection. Everything works: Hotplug, Wake from Sleep and Thunderbolt Bus but I am trying to use the laptop in clamshell mode alone however the display won't pick up after boot until I remove and replug the TB Cable. Please help?

_L6D is my Level-triggered GPE

IOReg

View attachment 554763

View attachment 554764

View attachment 554765

Okay, seems to be working now. I went with the initial SSDT-TbtOnPch that used Edge-Triggered and deactivated other patches. Seems I had to populate PCI devices in Device Properties tab of Open Core.

EDIT: Still having boot without display issues.

Last edited:
Back