Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare-OC
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX Vega 64
@CaseySJ @jiffyslot I'm happy to report that I fixed the issue.

After trying many hardware and Opencore-related fixes, I decided to just watch Activity Monitor until it crashed, and determined that it was the classic mediaanalysis_d issue. Since it takes 6-7mins of idle to kick in, I confused it for a sleep issue. Sneaky!

My fix was to use this, from @ueer3fc on this post:

launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.mediaanalysisd.plist

This unloads the process forever, which will disable facial/object recognition for the videos in your Photos library. Confirmed working even after restarting.

If I update Monterey or to Ventura, what are the odds that process comes back?

Ironically, sometimes the trickiest problems to pin down are those that aren't hackintosh-related, because macOS is the last place I check! (at least in a new build)

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9 9900KS
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. iBook
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
  5. Quadra
  6. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ @jiffyslot I'm happy to report that I fixed the issue.

After trying many hardware and Opencore-related fixes, I decided to just watch Activity Monitor until it crashed, and determined that it was the classic mediaanalysis_d issue. Since it takes 6-7mins of idle to kick in, I confused it for a sleep issue. Sneaky!

My fix was to use this, from @ueer3fc on this post:

launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.mediaanalysisd.plist

This unloads the process forever, which will disable facial/object recognition for the videos in your Photos library. Confirmed working even after restarting.

If I update Monterey or to Ventura, what are the odds that process comes back?

Ironically, sometimes the trickiest problems to pin down are those that aren't hackintosh-related, because macOS is the last place I check! (at least in a new build)

If you have Monterey-friendly audio device drivers, etc., it's worth a try onto a spare drive. I've been using 12.5.1 (21G83), and I really like it. It's my favorite OS since Sierra. If Ventura proves to be as good, I'll be very pleased. FWIW, I'm running ProTools 2022.7 with the Apollo 8 Quad (Thunderbolt 2), VEP7, Waves v14, and Lightroom 4.4.1. Everything is SSD and M2. HFS+ for samples and media, APFS only for the system. SIP and Filevault is enabled on my stuff. No mediaanalysisd hangs over here. (Daystrom is still Mojave, but no mediaanalysisd hangs, either.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700F
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Updated to latest version of OpenCore 0.8.4 and the kernel extensions I'm using without any issue.

4yAwdqS.png

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I vague recall someone reporting a problem like this. Not sure about the details, but here's something to consider:
  • If you've logged into iCloud, try signing out
  • Check your config.plist for the following:
View attachment 554210
  • Worst case, try erasing the disk and re-installing macOS. But do not log into iCloud. Check if all System Preferences panes open properly.

Do you mean disable iCloud Drive or log out of my Apple ID altogether? In any case, it seems to make no difference whether I'm logged in or not.

That value is present in my config.plist.

I'd really like to resolve this without starting from scratch if I can because a lot of effort went into getting this system ready for production.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9 9900KS
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. iBook
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
  5. Quadra
  6. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Do you mean disable iCloud Drive or log out of my Apple ID altogether? In any case, it seems to make no difference whether I'm logged in or not.

That value is present in my config.plist.

I'd really like to resolve this without starting from scratch if I can because a lot of effort went into getting this system ready for production.
Completely log out of all iCloud services (via Apple ID Settings in Monterey), deauthorize and sign out of iTunes, TV, etc., restart the computer and see how everything runs. When you are satisfied with the results, you should be able to sign in to your Apple ID-based services.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
HI everyone,
Recently I upgraded to OC 0.8.1 and did the last upgrade of MacOS to 12.5.1. So, I found most of the times from a cold start BT isn't working from Fenvi T919. Is this a common issue?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9 9900k
Graphics
RX480
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
  4. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
HI everyone,
Recently I upgraded to OC 0.8.1 and did the last upgrade of MacOS to 12.5.1. So, I found most of the times from a cold start BT isn't working from Fenvi T919. Is this a common issue?
AFAIK, Apple made substantial changes to the way BT works in Monterey. This means trouble for some of us with Hacks. I will get a runaway BT process after sleep.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Completely log out of all iCloud services (via Apple ID Settings in Monterey), deauthorize and sign out of iTunes, TV, etc., restart the computer and see how everything runs. When you are satisfied with the results, you should be able to sign in to your Apple ID-based services.
Yeah, I'm no longer signed in to any Apple services on this computer, and I've restarted several times but the issue recurs. Sometimes it works fine. Other times the pref panes just take ages to load. Other times, System Preferences goes unresponsive and the affected panes won't load until after a reboot.

I also tried deleting com.apple.systemprefs.plist and rebooting to see if it helped to have the system rebuild that file, but no dice.

If I have to do a fresh install again, I will I just hope it doesn't come to that.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
AFAIK, Apple made substantial changes to the way BT works in Monterey. This means trouble for some of us with Hacks. I will get a runaway BT process after sleep.
So this is a common issue as it seems. I didn't have issues until 12.3 on my both hackintoshes. The problem is that I have to do several restarts until I see it on. If it's off there is no way to turn it on without rebooting.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9 9900KS
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. iBook
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
  5. Quadra
  6. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yeah, I'm no longer signed in to any Apple services on this computer, and I've restarted several times but the issue recurs. Sometimes it works fine. Other times the pref panes just take ages to load. Other times, System Preferences goes unresponsive and the affected panes won't load until after a reboot.

I also tried deleting com.apple.systemprefs.plist and rebooting to see if it helped to have the system rebuild that file, but no dice.

If I have to do a fresh install again, I will I just hope it doesn't come to that.
Is there any possiblilty that you are accidentally loading a different EFI than what you think you are loading? Also, if you migrated any apps or setups, was there anything that would have had a control panel in System Preferences (including Privacy & Security, Accessibility preferences, etc?) I'm thinking of something like a 32-bit driver that may (wrongly) be trying to load, etc. Or some sort of problem app like the Logitech drivers. Definitely update to 12.5.1 if you can.