Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

It works but I get on the BIOS startup this "error"?
View attachment 553533
I can boot into everything, but on the OC boot instead of my old Clover (which I want to wipe after few stress test on my OC) I get this on my BIOS screen.
@Drejan

These errors appear because you are actually using OC 0.8.3 and the config.plist is not properly configured. What does the OC Picker show in the lower right corner for the OC version being loaded? These errors will not cause a problem, but can easily be corrected.

If you are using OpenCore Configurator you need to get the latest version and be sure it is set to use "0.8.3 Release Configuration." Then go to the UEFI section -> Drivers and a new field for each driver "LoadEarly" has been added. All are left disabled. Then save the config.plist file and the next time you won't see those errors.

OCConfig.png

If you are using OpenCore Configurator you need to get the latest version and be sure it is set to use "0.8.3 Release Configuration." Then go to the UEFI section -> Drivers and a new field for each driver "LoadEarly" has been added. All are left disabled. Then save the config.plist file and the next time you won't see those errors.

OpenCore Configurator: 0.8.3 Release Configuration
OC Picker: REL-083-2022-07-13

Screen Shot 2022-08-21 at 18.38.13.png

Should I enable or disable the load early options? (Because it's disable now.)

Unfortunately, DRM-protected content in the tv and Music apps will not play unless we use system product name c or MacPro7,1.
Thank you CaseySJ. I changed to iMacPro1,1 after having logged out of my iCloud and Apple ID. Now everything works fine.
I can report that the new Monterey 12.5 function of being able to output 16 audio channels has enabled me to listen to Atmos films and music in my room. The only other option was buying a JBL SDP 55 box at 6 grand. It cost me 50 euros to buy a Dante Virtual sound card, and its perfectly in sync.
For the Thunderbolt people, I am struggling with BIOS F9i which seems to drop my UAD Octo satellite (UAD 10.1) after 10 minutes. This doesn't seem to happen on F9g.

OpenCore Configurator: 0.8.3 Release Configuration
OC Picker: REL-083-2022-07-13

View attachment 553549
Should I enable or disable the load early options? (Because it's disable now.)
Keep them disabled. Just press CMD-S to save the file, then reboot. The OCS warnings should disappear. If it doesn't, let us know.

Keep them disabled. Just press CMD-S to save the file, then reboot. The OCS warnings should disappear. If it doesn't, let us know.
i saved the file and rebooted.
same warnings still appears :-/

tryed again with checking and unchecking the row (thinkin of visual bug or so ^^)
also no change :-/

i saved the file and rebooted.
same warnings still appears :-/

tryed again with checking and unchecking the row (thinkin of visual bug or so ^^)
also no change :-/
This leads me to think that wrong version of OpenCore.efi is being used. If you mount the EFI partition and perform a Get Info on EFI/OC/OpenCore.efi, what is the creation date? It should be August 1:
Screenshot 2022-08-21 at 10.58.58 AM.png

This leads me to think that wrong version of OpenCore.efi is being used. If you mount the EFI partition and perform a Get Info on EFI/OC/OpenCore.efi, what is the creation date? It should be August 1:

okay on my it says something else

Screen Shot 2022-08-21 at 20.04.53.png

also just curios i opened hackinDROM
there it says internal OC 0.8.2
but on the OC picker it says REL-083-2022-07-13 ?!
i am confused :crazy:

Screen Shot 2022-08-21 at 20.16.23.png

edit:
on hackinDROM it also just say Reinstall OC instead update
should i download it manually from here
OpenCore 0.8.3 Mini-Guide
and could i just replace the .efi ?

Last edited:
I would like to report that bios F9i disconnects my UAD Thunderbolt 3 Octo satellite with UAD 10.1 after a few minutes. This does not happen on bios F9g with the exact same settings on Monterey 12.5 with opencore 0.8.3. This is both with a flashed thunderbolt and a regular thuderbolt designare.

Back