Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Good morning, is there a way to remove OPENSHELL.EFI from the beginning of the boot (hide) using some command in Hackindron? Thanks
Simple!
Screenshot 2022-08-15 at 8.12.25 AM.png

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9 9900k
Graphics
RX480
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
  4. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
If you have a lot of applications to migrate, it might be worth considering Migration Assistant from the Applications --> Utilities folder.

I generally prefer to install applications from scratch. This means having to enter license strings. This might also mean de-licensing the apps on existing system first. If you have quite a few licensed applications, then Migration Assistant might be worth trying.

My main concern with Migration Assistant is that it may migrate various legacy files and folders that can lead to reliability problems.

For data, I just use the Finder to copy my folders.
I have used Migration Assistant from day 1, even from hack to mac and back. I have had my fair share of problems, but nothing I could attest to using MA. Great tool!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
Vega 64
Boot log looks good -- no ACPI table load errors.

At this point it may be a good idea to try the following:
  • Grab the latest 0.8.3 folder from here and follow that guide to transfer serial numbers. Then copy the new EFI folder to EFI partition of a USB flash disk and boot from that disk by pressing F12 at Gigabyte Splash Screen. This will open the BIOS boot menu (not OpenCore boot menu). Select the USB flash disk. The OpenCore 0.8.3 boot picker should then appear (with the version number shown on lower right corner of screen). Then boot macOS and see if shutdown works.
  • If shutdown still fails, consider installing a fresh copy of macOS on a spare SSD using the new 0.8.3 EFI folder (but set SecureBootModel to Disabled). Then see if the fresh copy of macOS is able to shut down properly.
Tried the USB Flash disk with the 0.8.3. When the SecureBootModel was on Default, it would not run, so I changed it to Disabled. Then the computer started, but the shutdown still does not work.
Will create a fresh copy of macOS in the next days and see if that helps.
Just so weird that the computer actually shuts down - all lights go out, and after 2 seconds turns back on. Not the same as with restart where the USB lights remain turned on.
Will report back with results.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Tried the USB Flash disk with the 0.8.3. When the SecureBootModel was on Default, it would not run, so I changed it to Disabled. Then the computer started, but the shutdown still does not work.
Will create a fresh copy of macOS in the next days and see if that helps.
Just so weird that the computer actually shuts down - all lights go out, and after 2 seconds turns back on. Not the same as with restart where the USB lights remain turned on.
Will report back with results.
Are any Thunderbolt devices connected?

Have you already tried disconnecting all external Thunderbolt and USB devices except keyboard/mouse?

Motherboard
Giabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9700k
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm having issues with screen recording: I keep getting the error "You screen recording can't be saved (error saving recording)". I didn't hav e this issue with Mojave, only with my recent upgrade to Catalina.
Any ideas where to start trouble shooting?
Thanks in advance

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p700
CPU
2x E5-2620 V3
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Any ideas where to start trouble shooting?
Maybe you need to give your screen recording app full write access to the drive.

Screenshot 2022-08-15 at 19.59.41.png

Motherboard
Giabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9700k
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've tried that. I'm not using a screen recording app - just the built in one (shift - cmd - 5).
I gave quicktime player full disk access as well. No luck>
I also can't play any movies or trailers on Apple TV so I wonder if it's a DRM issue.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've tried that. I'm not using a screen recording app - just the built in one (shift - cmd - 5).
I gave quicktime player full disk access as well. No luck>
I also can't play any movies or trailers on Apple TV so I wonder if it's a DRM issue.
Screen recordings are typically saved to desktop, but when you press CMD-Shift-5 you will see an Options pop-up where you can change the output location.

So select Options and see what the current output location is and, if necessary, change it to some other folder.

Regarding DRM content on the tv app in macOS Catalina, are you currently using a shikigva boot argument? And what system product name are you using (iMac19,1)? Refer to the chart at the top of this article on the WhateverGreen GitHub page.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9700K
Graphics
UHD 630 / GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys, posting here since this was the original (awesome!) guide I used when I installed Yosemite/Catalina/Big Sur.

Basic Specs:

OpenCore 0.7.5
Z390 Designare
Core i7 9700K
UHD 630
1080 Ti (Disabled)
Native Apple Wifi/BT Card

Machine was working perfectly on 11.8 and I decided to upgrade to 12.5. It appears to have installed correctly, but every time I boot, it shows verbose text (as expected), then goes to a white screen, followed by the Apple logo (even on Verbose), and then regresses to Verbose and shuts down. One strange thing I noticed is my boot drive on the OC selection menu is labeled macOS - Data rather than just macOS. Could this mean the installation didn't finish properly? I tried doing a video recording to get some snapshots at the reason for the shutdown, since I'm pretty good at tracking down these issues if I have something verbose, but I'm having trouble pinpointing the shutdown cause here. Any thoughts would be awesome. Config and screenshots attached - apologies that the post verbose shot is a bit blurry.

Ran a reinstall from the recovery partition, but now I'm getting a "Storage system verify or repair failed: (-69716) message on the macOS Update Assistant screen. Thoughts?

Attachments

• Kexts Folder.png
    Kexts Folder.png
    142.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Drivers Folder.png
    Drivers Folder.png
    24.6 KB · Views: 15
  • ACPI Folder.png
    ACPI Folder.png
    100.1 KB · Views: 19
  • config.plist
    32.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Apple Logo.png
    Apple Logo.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 17
  • Post Apple Logo Verbose.png
    Post Apple Logo Verbose.png
    3 MB · Views: 16
  • Post Apple Logo Verbose Zoomed.png
    Post Apple Logo Verbose Zoomed.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 16
  • White Screen.png
    White Screen.png
    686.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Motherboard
MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI
CPU
i5-10600K
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Bought recently a 144Hz 4K monitor. It works at 60Hz only. Is that normal?
Big Sur, RX 5700 XT connected via DP to AOC U28G2XU/BK 28”
Hi, have you solved the problem with the monitor and 60 fps?