1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
  4. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
does it mention in hackintool under pcie tab?
1660251624344.png

Yes, as a network controller. IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/RP04@1C,3/IOPP/PXSX@0

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-OpenCore
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
View attachment 553002

Yes, as a network controller. IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/RP04@1C,3/IOPP/PXSX@0
it would have told you the name under device name or under system -> peripherals to save you from taking it apart :)

at least you know what it is though :)

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
View attachment 553002

This is the same card as the one pictured in this old thread:
Although this is a BCM943602CS module, which is natively supported, it may be a good idea to consider replacing it with a Fenvi FV-T919. Simply buy it from a place that has easy return policy in case it doesn’t work any better.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9 9900k
Graphics
RX480
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
  4. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This is the same card as the one pictured in this old thread:
Although this is a BCM943602CS module, which is natively supported, it may be a good idea to consider replacing it with a Fenvi FV-T919. Simply buy it from a place that has easy return policy in case it doesn’t work any better.
Hm. Why would it be better if it's the same Broadcom chip? No Newegg where I live, and Amazon wants more than $70 for this card.

Anyway, thanks for the help. If this was the only thing not working properly I would buy the Fenvi, but as it is I still have all manner of weirdness.

For starters, after sleep, my NAS (connected via Sonnet 10GbE card)) is sometimes ejected.
I had a kernel panic after a long sleep.
i211 driver CPU load goes through the roof for no apparent reason every once in a while
The latest Izotope Ozone is incredibly slow in Logic Pro X.
Topaz Sharpen will give me a black screen with the fans in overdrive, have to reboot when this happens. Older workaround doesn't work anymore.
Sonnet/Aquantia 10GbE network traffic uses 60% CPU when reading from my RAID-5 NAS. Etc.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hm. Why would it be better if it's the same Broadcom chip? No Newegg where I live, and Amazon wants more than $70 for this card.
Fenvi FV-T919 uses the faster desktop version, BCM94360CD.

Anyway, thanks for the help. If this was the only thing not working properly I would buy the Fenvi, but as it is I still have all manner of weirdness.

For starters, after sleep, my NAS (connected via Sonnet 10GbE card)) is sometimes ejected.
I had a kernel panic after a long sleep.
i211 driver CPU load goes through the roof for no apparent reason every once in a while
The latest Izotope Ozone is incredibly slow in Logic Pro X.
Topaz Sharpen will give me a black screen with the fans in overdrive, have to reboot when this happens. Older workaround doesn't work anymore.
Sonnet/Aquantia 10GbE network traffic uses 60% CPU when reading from my RAID-5 NAS. Etc.
The best thing I can suggest is to do a fresh installation of macOS Monterey on a spare SSD and then check all system behavior (sleep, wake, i211 Ethernet, 10GbE, etc.) without installing third-party apps. This establishes baseline.

If all system functions are normal (i211 Ethernet needs AppleVTD enabled), then we can install one app at a time and check if everything is still okay.

Then continue installing apps one by one.

Remember, this is an experiment -- we're trying to determine if the existing system has "all manner of weirdness" because of baggage built up from years of O/S upgrades. A completely clean system is therefore a good experiment to try.

An alternative, of course, is to jump to Apple Silicon, perhaps a new Mac Studio...

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9 9900k
Graphics
RX480
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
  4. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Fenvi FV-T919 uses the faster desktop version, BCM94360CD.

The best thing I can suggest is to do a fresh installation of macOS Monterey on a spare SSD and then check all system behavior (sleep, wake, i211 Ethernet, 10GbE, etc.) without installing third-party apps. This establishes baseline.

If all system functions are normal (i211 Ethernet needs AppleVTD enabled), then we can install one app at a time and check if everything is still okay.

Then continue installing apps one by one.

Remember, this is an experiment -- we're trying to determine if the existing system has "all manner of weirdness" because of baggage built up from years of O/S upgrades. A completely clean system is therefore a good experiment to try.

An alternative, of course, is to jump to Apple Silicon, perhaps a new Mac Studio...

I have a SSD with just OC & Monterey. I'll more thoroughly check if that works properly.

I did some tests with this SSD before I upgraded my main system, it took me quite a bit of work to get Monterey/OC working properly and I thought I was in the clear. Light testing didn't reveal the problems I am experiencing now.

The thing is, with all these stupid software authorisations it is quite hard to go back and forth between 2 versions of MacOS. If you take the jump, upgrade your MacOS, you are more or less stuck.

I literally have hundreds of plug-ins for my DAW's. If just 10% needs re-authorisation it will take me days. I will need to give up some installs just to be able to see if they work properly. I didn't expect the Monterey upgrade to trigger this. It's like I have bought a new system, for some reason.

This is not a business investment, I am a family man so a new dishwasher or new bikes for my kids have a higher priority.

A Mac Studio is expensive, it will not solve all problems(done a couple of installs on these for clients, M1/2 support is not there yet), plus I will need to invest in a bunch of costly third party peripherals. Also, I will be completey dependent on Apple and its business tactics/decisions.

I would appreciate the lower power consumption of a Mac Studio, but even with the current super high energy prices it will not pay for itself any time soon.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9 9900KS
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. iBook
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
  5. Quadra
  6. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
FWIW, I have the Fenvi FV HB-1200. Handoff and Airdrop works fine for me as it always has, but I've never had any luck connecting my iPhone 12 via Bluetooth on Mojave, Big Sur, or Monterey.
Not a deal-breaker for me. I don't let my machine sleep because it's used as a Pro Tools machine.
Something I've done before is to down-clock my i9 KS to 4.8 GHz: I think my vCore was down around 1.22V.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9 9900k
Graphics
RX480
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
  4. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a SSD with just OC & Monterey. I'll more thoroughly check if that works properly.

I did some tests with this SSD before I upgraded my main system, it took me quite a bit of work to get Monterey/OC working properly and I thought I was in the clear. Light testing didn't reveal the problems I am experiencing now.

The thing is, with all these stupid software authorisations it is quite hard to go back and forth between 2 versions of MacOS. If you take the jump, upgrade your MacOS, you are more or less stuck.

I literally have hundreds of plug-ins for my DAW's. If just 10% needs re-authorisation it will take me days. I will need to give up some installs just to be able to see if they work properly. I didn't expect the Monterey upgrade to trigger this. It's like I have bought a new system, for some reason.

This is not a business investment, I am a family man so a new dishwasher or new bikes for my kids have a higher priority.

A Mac Studio is expensive, it will not solve all problems(done a couple of installs on these for clients, M1/2 support is not there yet), plus I will need to invest in a bunch of costly third party peripherals. Also, I will be completey dependent on Apple and its business tactics/decisions.

I would appreciate the lower power consumption of a Mac Studio, but even with the current super high energy prices it will not pay for itself any time soon.
I just checked again: about $4k for a more or less comparable Mac Studio setup.(That's for the basic machine & necessary peripherals, PCIe slot/adapter for SSD's/more Ethernet.)

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
** Ventura Public Beta #3 Sleep Problem **

Is you're running Ventura Public Beta #3, please see this post regarding sleep/wake: