Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Good evening,

I managed to install Monterey update 12.4 on my Asus prime Z390-A + Asus ThunderboltEX 3 card.
I have 32 GB of memory (4x8) at 2666 MHz.
i9 9900k igpu enabled (128mb)
Radeon RX570
Nvme SSD 250 GB Samsung (Mac OS)
the dual screen works via HDMI (IGPU and RX570)
Everything is functional, network, thunderbolt..ect..
The only problem is a bug when put to deep sleep.
Indeed it stops everything for 2 or 3 seconds, it flashes and it starts again (USB port, CPU fan, etc.) except for the screens which remain on standby as long as I don't touch the keyboard or the mouse.

VTD and DMAC enabled

THX

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    16.9 MB · Views: 43
  • iMac 19.1.ioreg
    5 MB · Views: 32
Good evening,

I managed to install Monterey update 12.4 on my Asus prime Z390-A + Asus ThunderboltEX 3 card.
I have 32 GB of memory (4x8) at 2666 MHz.
i9 9900k igpu enabled (128mb)
Radeon RX570
Nvme SSD 250 GB Samsung (Mac OS)
the dual screen works via HDMI (IGPU and RX570)
Everything is functional, network, thunderbolt..ect..
The only problem is a bug when put to deep sleep.
Indeed it stops everything for 2 or 3 seconds, it flashes and it starts again (USB port, CPU fan, etc.) except for the screens which remain on standby as long as I don't touch the keyboard or the mouse.

VTD and DMAC enabled

THX
surprised to not see any SS0* ports set as usb3.0 in your USBPorts.kext info.plist

Hello,

I had difficulties with the USB as it is stable but maybe it is not good..

My USB and power Hackintool

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2022-07-17 à 23.36.11.png
    Capture d’écran 2022-07-17 à 23.36.11.png
    76.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Capture d’écran 2022-07-17 à 23.35.11.png
    Capture d’écran 2022-07-17 à 23.35.11.png
    141.3 KB · Views: 34
My USB and power Hackintool
yes, you are missing your SS ports

may be best to enable your SSDT-UIAC.aml and USBInjectAll.kext and disable USBPorts.kext

I tried the same result.. start of standby, and it starts again

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2022-07-18 à 00.07.06.png
    Capture d’écran 2022-07-18 à 00.07.06.png
    160 KB · Views: 31

Your set-up looked much better back in post #36050 although you do not have an USB3 ports activated.

Though the SSDT-UIAC.aml does include USB3 ports, you can see from the Hackintool screen that something is very wrong there. No two should have the same Location ID. Perhaps Clear the screen with the "broom" icon, then refresh it with the "circular-arrows" icon, both in the bottom row. See what you have then.

The chances are that your restart problem is caused by a background process waking the PC. As you do not seem to have a Bluetooth controller onboard (the most common culprit) then you need to check any other devices attached, such as a wireless mouse maybe, an LED controller, audio device, or a hub.

The Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt controller might also be the cause if it is enabled and being used.

Your Asus motherboard should not be too much of a problem to hackintosh, so more experiments needed to isolate the problem. Remove devices and test again etc.

Also ensure that Wake for Network Access is disabled in System Preferences --> Energy Saver.

Back