Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

The motherboard has one controller. Do you also have a Thunderbolt PCIe card installed in one of the slots?

Simply run IORegistryExplorer and see if Thunderbolt is attached to RP01, RP05, or any other RPxx port. On the Z390 Designare, the built-in controller is on RP05.
No other Thunderbolt PCie cards. Here is the IOreg. Looks like its RP01.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 11.57.20 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 11.57.20 AM.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 24
No other Thunderbolt PCie cards. Here is the IOreg. Looks like its RP01.
Based on this, one of the two Thunderbolt SSDTs should be disabled.

I've searched through this thread, but I can't seem to find the solution to this specific issue:

I've been using Hackindrom (currently v2.1.3) for my EFI, and OpenCore is updated to 0.8.2. With the exception of a custom SoftPowerPlay table for my GPU, I haven't changed much, if anything, from @CaseySJ 's provided config.plist.

The strange thing is that I no longer have the "Reset NVRAM" option upon pressing space-bar at the OpenCore boot picker. I have quadruple-checked that I have disabled CFG-Lock in BIOS (unmodified F9i). The boot option defaults to my Windows SSD, instead of the SSD with my Monterey installation, so I was thinking that resetting NVRAM would fix that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 7ACBBB0F-174A-4E97-9EA1-773625417713_1_201_a.jpeg
    7ACBBB0F-174A-4E97-9EA1-773625417713_1_201_a.jpeg
    278 KB · Views: 20
@upgradeftw

Both Reset NVRAM and Toggle SIP were previously enabled with checkboxes in config.plist, but those checkboxes were removed about a month or so ago. These functions are now provided in individual .EFI files that we add to UEFI/Drivers section of config.plist.

I’ll post a guide on that soon, but if you search this website you may find your answer sooner.

Someone with the exact same Z390 Designare setup as me asked me to help with upgrading from Clover/Mojave to OC/Big Sur.
I have a copy of his boot disk. I removed the Clover stuff(also in S/L/e etc) and copied my OC EFI over. I can boot from the EFI, but I can't see his Mojave install in the OC menu. My Big Sur and BS emergency partition boot fine.

What am I missing?

OC 0.8.0

Someone with the exact same Z390 Designare setup as me asked me to help with upgrading from Clover/Mojave to OC/Big Sur.
I have a copy of his boot disk. I removed the Clover stuff(also in S/L/e etc) and copied my OC EFI over. I can boot from the EFI, but I can't see his Mojave install in the OC menu. My Big Sur and BS emergency partition boot fine.

What am I missing?

OC 0.8.0
missing your files....

also make sure these are set to -1:

Code:
<key>MinDate</key>
            <integer>-1</integer>
            <key>MinVersion</key>
            <integer>-1</integer>

missing your files....

also make sure these are set to -1:

Code:
<key>MinDate</key>
            <integer>-1</integer>
            <key>MinVersion</key>
            <integer>-1</integer>
Thanks for getting back to me!
Not near my Hack now. So mindate and minversion are important because Mojave is relatively old? No need to set these when using BS or Mo?

Thanks for getting back to me!
Not near my Hack now. So mindate and minversion are important because Mojave is relatively old? No need to set these when using BS or Mo?
correct

** Adding Reset NVRAM and Toggle SIP to OpenCore Boot Picker **
Please do not quote this guide in its entirety. Post an excerpt or link instead.​

OpenCore 0.8.1 removed the checkboxes from config.plist that allowed "Reset NVRAM" and "Toggle SIP" to appear in the OpenCore Boot Picker. This does not mean that the functionality itself was removed. Instead, the functionality was generalized so that additional boot picker options can be added by the user.
Screen Shot 2022-07-07 at 9.05.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-06 at 7.12.30 AM.png

To bring back Reset NVRAM and Toggle SIP to OpenCore boot picker, we simply need to do this:
  • Download drivers.zip that is attached below. It contains two files:
    • ResetNvramEntry.efi
    • ToggleSipEntry.efi
  • Mount EFI partition and copy both files to:
    • EFI/OC/Drivers
  • Run the proper version of OpenCore Configurator that supports your version of OpenCore. For example:
    • OpenCore Configurator 2.61.1.0
      • ...for OpenCore 0.8.1 Release Version
      • ...for OpenCore 0.8.2 Development Version
    • Next release of OpenCore Configurator is due in a couple of days, which will support:
      • OpenCore 0.8.2 Release Version
      • OpenCore 0.8.3 Development Version
  • Make the following changes to UEFI --> Drivers section as shown (Comment field can be left empty if you like):
Screen Shot 2022-07-06 at 7.21.53 AM.png

After pressing space bar in OpenCore boot picker, these functions should appear on the far right:
OpenCanopy Extras.png

A link to this guide has been added to Quick Reference to Mini-Guides and Micro-Guides at the top of Post 1:

Screen Shot 2022-07-06 at 7.26.30 AM.png

Attachments

• drivers.zip
    24.3 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:
I've set the mindate & minversion to -1.

Now I can see the 10.14.6 partition, but when I choose it I get the white apple and nothing happens. Really nothing.
Big Sur with the same EFI works OK, white apple, progress bar, login, desktop.

Some remnant of Clover I may have overlooked?

Back