RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
F6D6AF37-6E6F-4ED7-B76C-BF60C34D733D.jpeg

Even doing a fresh install it keeps rebooting. I’ve moved to another house (extreme carefully…), perhaps I connected something such as the display to the wrong port or something? I’m so confused why it keeps rebooting on me.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9 9900k
Graphics
RX480
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
  4. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Even doing a fresh install it keeps rebooting. I’ve moved to another house (extreme carefully…), perhaps I connected something such as the display to the wrong port or something? I’m so confused why it keeps rebooting on me.
reset BIOS often works wonders.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Double check all cables and components:
  • Pull out and plug-back all cables from both (a) power supply and (b) component:
    • Motherboard power cable
    • 8-pin CPU power cable
    • VGA power cables
    • SATA power cables
  • Pull out and re-insert all PCIe cards.
  • Pull out and re-insert all DIMM modules.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Double check all cables and components:
  • Pull out and plug-back all cables from both (a) power supply and (b) component:
    • Motherboard power cable
    • 8-pin CPU power cable
    • VGA power cables
    • SATA power cables
  • Pull out and re-insert all PCIe cards.
  • Pull out and re-insert all DIMM modules.
I will do this and report back. It seems like I got through the install screen, no reboot since oddly enough.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks again!
BTW Which ITX motherboard can be perfectly used with Thunderbolt 3 hot plug?
I use MSI Z590i Unify which has 2 TB ports with Maple Ridge. I'm using @CaseySJ SSDT and it works great!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ I also have another issue with an MSI monitor 32" at 144Hz; when I switched to 144Hz, the screen went black and didn't refresh back to 60Hz, so I needed to reconnect the oldest monitor.
What can I do? Do I need any sort of hack/patch to make it work?

I also noticed that any setup from system preferences on the monitor acted weird, such as the night switch didn't work; any time I tried to make it warmer, the MSI monitor wanted to make it bright/white.

I would like to answer your question, but I still didn't find a way to connect the second monitor; since I reconnected it as the first monitor, so first I should solve the 144Hz issue. I would appreciate your help. Thanks

(I want to remind you that my graphic card is a Gigabyte RX 560 OC 4GB if that info is needed)
@CaseySJ I can't find any solution to hack OpenCore to use a monitor at 144Hz. The funny thing is that I can't even refresh it and go back to normal at 60Hz, so now the monitor is useless. :cry:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ I can't find any solution to hack OpenCore to use a monitor at 144Hz. The funny thing is that I can't even refresh it and go back to normal at 60Hz, so now the monitor is useless. :cry:
This is a macOS issue rather than an OpenCore issue. We can download and try SwitchResX, which has a 30-day trial period.

Last edited: