Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Came to here to say that the new SmallTreeIntel driver seems unreliable with my system (system freeze after a few seconds when rj45 is connected) but it looks like I am not the only one.
Plus I see interesting things happening in here.
I am available tonight if tests are needed.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9 9900KS
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. iBook
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
  5. Quadra
  6. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have an OWC 10g Thunderbolt adapter and a UAD Thunderbolt Octo on two of my Designares. The UAD keeps disabling it’s processing after 5min. Something is not functioning correctly on my Thunderbolt. What would be the best way to check?
It would work fine with just the OWC 10G. The UAD works fine on a regular Mac
Which OS? If you're on Monterey, use UAD v10. There's also a firmware update.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Came to here to say that the new SmallTreeIntel driver seems unreliable with my system (system freeze after a few seconds when rj45 is connected) but it looks like I am not the only one.
Plus I see interesting things happening in here.
I am available tonight if tests are needed.
With Monterey 12.3.1 and newer we don’t need the SmallTreeIntel driver any longer. We can disable it in Kernel section of config.plist and reboot.

Motherboard
Asus Prime X299 Deluxe
CPU
i9-7960
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Which OS? If you're on Monterey, use UAD v10. There's also a firmware update.
It was even worse in UAD v10. Protools couldn’t read the audio fast enough. I am still running Mojave for 32 bit apps.
Is there anything specific to enter in the Thunderbolt BIOS. I used the BIOS settings on the first page. I changed the Thunderbolt firmware on one of the Designares but they both seem to react the same. I might give Monterey a go but I need all Ethernet ports to work for Dante and Eucon .

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9 9900KS
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. iBook
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
  5. Quadra
  6. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It was even worse in UAD v10. Protools couldn’t read the audio fast enough. I am still running Mojave for 32 bit apps.
Is there anything specific to enter in the Thunderbolt BIOS. I used the BIOS settings on the first page. I changed the Thunderbolt firmware on one of the Designares but they both seem to react the same. I might give Monterey a go but I need all Ethernet ports to work for Dante and Eucon .
I'm running Monterey now. There is a new Pro Tools update which is shockingly good. I removed my Eucon stuff (IDR which version) back when I was on Mojave because it was causing problems. I don't use any plugins within Pro Tools except for the VSL Server. All of the output busses go to the Virtual channels, and I only activate the Master Bus in Pro Tools when I mix down.

Attachments

• TB page 1.jpg
    TB page 1.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 38
  • TB page 2.jpg
    TB page 2.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 33
  • Screen Shot of UAD and PT setup.png
    Screen Shot of UAD and PT setup.png
    965.9 KB · Views: 36

NorthAmTransAm

Motherboard
MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4
CPU
i7-12700k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm running Monterey now. There is a new Pro Tools update which is shockingly good. I removed my Eucon stuff (IDR which version) back when I was on Mojave because it was causing problems. I don't use any plugins within Pro Tools except for the VSL Server. All of the output busses go to the Virtual channels, and I only activate the Master Bus in Pro Tools when I mix down.

The PT update is so welcome. I've been mixing on it with Alder Lake/Monterey and its great.

Why no plugins in Pro Tools?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9 9900KS
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. iBook
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
  5. Quadra
  6. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
The PT update is so welcome. I've been mixing on it with Alder Lake/Monterey and its great.

Why no plugins in Pro Tools?
Tracking latency. I'll only add plugins when I'm ready to mix. 90% of everything I need is in the UAD Console. I always print my orchestra stems via the Virtual Channels (through a Unison pre (Neve 88RS) and send back into Pro Tools. I also print several reverb stems. To use Logic (Alchemy), I just sequence the parts I need, sync it to Pro Tools, and print that, too when I'm ready. BTW, It's the Daystrom Z370 that hosts the Vienna Ensemble Pro stuff.

NorthAmTransAm

Motherboard
MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4
CPU
i7-12700k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Tracking latency. I'll only add plugins when I'm ready to mix. 90% of everything I need is in the UAD Console. I always print my orchestra stems via the Virtual Channels (through a Unison pre (Neve 88RS) and send back into Pro Tools. I also print several reverb stems. To use Logic (Alchemy), I just sequence the parts I need, sync it to Pro Tools, and print that, too when I'm ready. BTW, It's the Daystrom Z370 that hosts the Vienna Ensemble Pro stuff.
Got it! I use Console for tracking as well. Currently, I’m putting 2022.4 through its paces and its awesome. Onward!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So, I'm using Monterey 12.3.1 with OC 0.8.0 and a Universal Audio Apollo x8 with driver V10 and latest firmware. I'm using the flashed onboard Thunderbolt also.

Since this combination of updates happened, my Apollo gets random disconnects, garbled audio during what looks like coreaudio stressing out the the CPU, and hot-plugging no longer works reliably (maybe 20% of the time).

I’ve tried reverting back my UAD drivers to the previous version and flashed the older Apollo firmware back onto it, but I had the same issues. I also swapped out the thunderbolt cable, but that didn’t help either.

Anyone else dealing with this? Wondering if it's a UA driver issue, or a Monterey 12.3.1 issue, or an OC 0.8.0 issue, or any combo of these things I suppose.