i9-9900k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Thank you for your help @CaseySJ

Alright, under ACPI --> Delete, there are NO entries at all. If I need to add something here, how do I do it? The other three requirements are met now.

This one is NOT listed:
ACPI --> Delete --> DMAR --> check off

Thank you.
Thank you @CaseySJ !

After being able to follow 3 of your recommended 4 changes to disable AppleVDT, my Windows booting is back to normal! I also needed to Enable VT-d in BIOS, which I believe I normally have Enabled.

I used HackinDROM to mount my EFI partition, then I used OCC to edit and save the config.plist.

The only issue now is that on POST I'm getting the following two errors appearing just above the GIGABYTE banner:

OCS: No schema for ForceAquantiaEthernet at 10 index, context <Quirks>!
OCS: No schema for LogModules at 5 index, context <Debug>!

Could these be due to my missing "ACPI --> Delete --> DMAR --> check off"? If so, what do I needed to do to add that?

Oh... and I'm also getting the following warning when I launch OCC:

Screen Shot 2022-04-13 at 9.02.20 PM.png

How can I fix this? I'm on OC 0.7.8 and not OC 0.7.9.

UPDATE1: I just found the OpenCore mini-guide (OpenCore mini-guide) and discovered the "right-clicking" on the EFI drive in HackinDROM to update... now I'm on 0.7.9! Ok I'm going to restart and test this out.

UPDATE2: Wow - nice! Everything is fixed and working perfectly after following through with UPDATE1. Do I still need to get the "ACPI --> Delete --> DMAR --> check off" added to my configuration?

Thanks very much, as always.

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thank you for your help @CaseySJ

Alright, under ACPI --> Delete, there are NO entries at all. If I need to add something here, how do I do it? The other three requirements are met now.

This one is NOT listed:
ACPI --> Delete --> DMAR --> check off

Thank you.
Because we're disabling AppleVTD, it's actually okay that DMAR is not listed under ACPI --> Delete.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone!

I'm having trouble with webcams not being recognized by Discord and Facetime in Monterey 12.0.1 on OpenCore 0.7.4
They were recognized without problems at some point, most likely before I updated and was still in Big Sur.
Currently, I'm getting no webcam/devices available on both apps, on Zoom and Discord via browser my devices show up as usual.

On Monterey my webcams are still recognized in Zoom and browsers, which means it hasn't been much of an issue for work, but it also means I haven't cared enough to try to fix this lack of functionality it until now :crazy:

I read a couple posts on Facetime video problems relating to DRM, so I followed some of that advice (PlatformInfo is set to MacPro7,1 and removed shikivga boot arguments) but no success so far.

If Casey or anyone has any leads on the cause/fix that would be much appreciated!
Hello @kentays,

Monterey 12.0.1 and OpenCore 0.7.4 are both relatively old. Are you planning to upgrade to Monterey 12.3.1 and OpenCore 0.7.9?

Regarding webcam access in Discord, check to see if the app has permission (System Preferences --> Security & Privacy):
Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 1.39.37 PM.png

Regarding webcam access in FaceTime, it should detect and use the webcam automatically as long as only one webcam is present in the system. It's also possible that FaceTime is not logged in -- are you able to make and receive audio calls?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I was hoping after all these updates and fixes, my Apple TV (app not hardware) would work. It worked for a few minutes, and then like always, just stops and closes. Then you can't use it at all.

Is there a fix for this?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare F9i
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Anybody else having a lot of Big Sur KP shutdowns?

Now that you mention it, I did have occasional KP shutdowns in Big Sur.

If I recall correctly, the computer didn't just shut down; the mouse would freeze, and usually I'd have to force shut down. I think at least once, probably more than that, it did shut down on its own after the freeze.

They were annoyingly frequent, maybe once a week or so, but not so much that I stopped to investigate, aside from maybe once or twice glancing at a crash report that I didn't understand.

I forgot about it because I don't think I've had a single kernel panic since upgrading to Monterey about three weeks ago. (fingers crossed)

I'm on Monterey 12.3.1 and OC 0.7.9.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Anybody else having a lot of Big Sur KP shutdowns?

Can I just use the existing Z390 OC 079 EFI and go back to Mojave or High Sierra with a 19,1 setup? Or do I need to spoofify a mP 6,1?
My Z390 has been absolutely rock solid. Never crashes, locks up, or anything. So I say you CAN get there, just a matter of figuring out what the issues are, or starting over from scratch.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9 9900k
Graphics
RX480
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
  4. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My Z390 has been absolutely rock solid. Never crashes, locks up, or anything. So I say you CAN get there, just a matter of figuring out what the issues are, or starting over from scratch.
No lock ups or reboots in Big Sur(not latest) with iMac 19,1 for me. Just having problems with installing 3rd party drivers(kexts), this is a known issue for MacOS 11.