Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Two more suggestions:
  • Perform a hard reset on the Apollo.
  • Then boot macOS, run IORegistryExplorer, scroll to RP05 section again, and post screenshot of the complete RP05 tree.
My Apollo is connected, UA monitor is OK; everything seems to be OK.
But, when I try ProTools even to choose Apollo in Sound Preference System, it crash.
I have the Spiralpizza !
And no sound.

After minutes, it crashes. My OS is frozen.

I've just tested with my Apollo Solo (USB C).
Same problem, and error appears when it updates the driver.

Attachments

• IMG_8993.jpg
    IMG_8993.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 49
My Apollo is connected, UA monitor is OK, and everything seems to be OK.
But, when I try ProTools and even to choose Apollo in Sound Preference System, it crashes.
I have the Spiralpizza !
And no sound.

After minutes, it crashes. My OS is frozen.
Try to change Apollo's sample rate

Try to change Apollo's sample rate
It's not a software problem or sample rate problem.
Because, it crashes when I want to click on the Console or Control Panel.
There is a big mess with Thunderbolt. :(

I am booting from the EFI folder on a thumb drive. I get a KP about 1 second after the boot starts. is there a way to retrieve the boot log, or must I video the verbose output and scroll through it? when doing that the resolution of the video is such that it is hard/impossible to read.

I am booting from the EFI folder on a thumb drive. I get a KP about 1 second after the boot starts. is there a way to retrieve the boot log, or must I video the verbose output and scroll through it? when doing that the resolution of the video is such that it is hard/impossible to read.
You know I have to ask all these questions, right?
  • Does it work properly when booted from the EFI folder on the internal NVMe SSD itself?
  • Which version of OpenCore is on the USB flash drive?
  • When did the kernel panic first begin? What changed at that time?
  • Do you have a bootable backup? Does the bootable work reliably?
  • Which version of macOS is producing the kernel panic?

It's not a software problem or sample rate problem.
Because, it crashes when I want to click on the Console or Control Panel.
There is a big mess with Thunderbolt. :(
If you haven't yet done it on this system: Open the "UAD Meter & Control Panel" check the configuration, check for the update (through the "UAD Meter & Control Panel" app) and hit the "Authorize Plugins" button. I usually have to do this if I boot this system into Mojave or Big Sur instead of the usual Monterey.

Hi @CaseySJ Is there a list of M.2 SSD's which are proven to work correct with Monterey? I want to buy a cheap one to play around with on aliexpress, I'm just wondering if people tested with those.

If you haven't yet done it on this system: Open the "UAD Meter & Control Panel" check the configuration, check for the update (through the "UAD Meter & Control Panel" app) and hit the "Authorize Plugins" button. I usually have to do this if I boot this system into Mojave or Big Sur instead of the usual Monterey.
Thanks.
But Apollo crashed my Os as soon it s plugged in Thunderbolt . Everything freeze after some minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @CaseySJ Is there a list of M.2 SSD's which are proven to work correct with Monterey? I want to buy a cheap one to play around with on aliexpress, I'm just wondering if people tested with those.

I am personally using these brands successfully with Monterey:
  • WD Black SN750 and SN850
  • Silicon Power
  • Sabrent Rocket (PCIe 3) and Rocket Plus (PCIe 4)
  • ADATA SX8200 and 8200 Pro
Feel free to try any other brand to see how it performs. Just choose a reseller that accepts returns.

Back