Classic Mac
  1. 512K
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
  4. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Another great update, Casey. I have the Fractal Design R6 case with front ports and I am switching to using the Intel WiFi (instead of Fenvi up to now).

I see both USBInjectAll-071 and InjectAll-076 in the EFI.

Which one should I replace when I remap the ports for the R6? I was planning on using the kext generated by USBMap.

Motherboard
Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
Gt 710
Well just to follow up. I got ahold of F9f BIOS, and now I have working Thunderbolt and USB c ports. My Thunderbolt 4 hub works perfectly. Sonnet Thunderbolt 4 Echo 5 hub.
That’s good news dude!

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Another great update, Casey. I have the Fractal Design R6 case with front ports and I am switching to using the Intel WiFi (instead of Fenvi up to now).

I see both USBInjectAll-071 and InjectAll-076 in the EFI.

Which one should I replace when I remap the ports for the R6? I was planning on using the kext generated by USBMap.
To use USBPorts.kext, simply disable both of the USBInjectAll kexts and the USB port map SSDT SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7.aml.

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
I'm having trouble with my iMessage forwarding texts to my Mac. Is that a kext issue or Big Sur setting?

I've gone into my phone and allowed it to forward it to my machine and also have pushed the 'sync now' in my iMessage preferences.

Anyone else have had this issue before?
I had the same symptoms on a new MacBook Pro and finally resolved it by unchecking and rechecking iMessage under Settings/AppleId/iCloud. I think the standard advice is to sign out of and back into iCloud

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KF
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I had the same symptoms on a new MacBook Pro and finally resolved it by unchecking and rechecking iMessage under Settings/AppleId/iCloud. I think the standard advice is to sign out of and back into iCloud
It could take x minutes or hours before the device get really synced with iCloud

Motherboard
Giga Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I'm using one for my single display (3440x1440 @60Hz) on the Sapphire RX580 8GB: Mostly, it runs at around 35W instead of 80W. It'll ramp up in power usage as needed. I have two patches because once in a while, I'll drop in a 2nd identical RX580 into Slot 2.

IIRC, CaseySJ either wrote or modified the original patch.

Ah.. Thank you for the info.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Hi guys - can any one help with a Ethernet port issue. My port (I think maybe both) on the Z390 has dropped a few times saying cable unplugged. It has also started a connection at 1gbe but then randomly seems to drop back and connect at 100Mb. Unplugging a few times seems to get it working again. I have checked cables and replaced patch cables, full Cat6 from the Hackintosh to the router. I have been up and running a while now so not sure if I should be updating ethernet drivers or not?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys - can any one help with a Ethernet port issue. My port (I think maybe both) on the Z390 has dropped a few times saying cable unplugged. It has also started a connection at 1gbe but then randomly seems to drop back and connect at 100Mb. Unplugging a few times seems to get it working again. I have checked cables and replaced patch cables, full Cat6 from the Hackintosh to the router. I have been up and running a while now so not sure if I should be updating ethernet drivers or not?
Some questions / suggestions:
  • Which version of macOS?
  • Which version of OpenCore?
  • When you say it drops to 100Mbps, how are you determining the speed of connection?
  • Try deleting NetworkInterfaces.plist and rebooting. The file will be regenerated on boot. Simply search this thread for that keyword to find details.