Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Motherboard
Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
Gt 710
Just the Apple TB3-TB2-Ethernet adapter. Though I don't need it: I'm running a TB2-connected UAD Apollo for Pro Tools and a VEP7 remote via Ethernet that works without AVB.

@CaseySJ OC077 is working great. The low power patch for the RX580 still works. Many thanks!
I have that little bug/issue that the connection drops, is driving me crazy because is the only thing holding me back to start working at the studio.

f10

Motherboard
Lenovo M93p tiny
CPU
i5 quad
Graphics
integrated
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Have you tried disabling USBWakeFixup.kext? For me this fixed an issue for my FV-T919.
I just tried it- the behaviour changes slightly, ie now I see 20 instances of my BT-trackpad after sleep..so no improvement.
It's not really a problem, I do own a Fenvi 919 card but Intel bluetooth gave me better range than the Fenvi (both with wifi either off or 5ghz only)

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9 9900KS
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. iBook
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
  5. Quadra
  6. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
There is a low power patch for RX 580?
I'm using one for my single display (3440x1440 @60Hz) on the Sapphire RX580 8GB: Mostly, it runs at around 35W instead of 80W. It'll ramp up in power usage as needed. I have two patches because once in a while, I'll drop in a 2nd identical RX580 into Slot 2.

IIRC, CaseySJ either wrote or modified the original patch.

Attachments

• ACPI edit for 2  RX580 cards.png
    ACPI edit for 2 RX580 cards.png
    68.8 KB · Views: 63
  • Low Power patch temperature result for single  RX580.png
    Low Power patch temperature result for single RX580.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 66
  • Low Power patch wattage result for single RX580.png
    Low Power patch wattage result for single RX580.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 60
  • SSDT-RX580_Slot1.aml
    719 bytes · Views: 40
  • SSDT-RX580_Slot2.aml
    727 bytes · Views: 28
Motherboard
Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
Gt 710
In that case, please check the following:
  • Are you using OpenCore Configurator 2.56.0.0?
  • If so, it is set up for 0.7.7 Release Configuration? We can see this in the title bar as shown:
View attachment 539474
@CaseySJ I got my system up and running how I wanted thanks to you and the community. Thank you all. I have AVB working without dropping the connection to my Avid Pro Carbon Interface. Last thing I did was downgrade from Bios F9m to F9l. Also notice on HackinTool/USB’s now it shows the XHC3. I am guessing that's the 2 TB/USB-c on the board right? (Z390 Designare) I haven’t try them yet, but I will and come back to confirm. However…… my Bluetooth disappeared. Ethernet Port/WiFi working but Bluetooth just disappeared; not even the Bluetooth Logo on System Preferences. Could it be the USB map? Please that will be my last bug, and I will be complete (Knock on wood) any idea or help…. Again lol.

Thanks in advance.

Z390 Designare
i9-9900K
macOS Big Sur (Latest Update 11.6.x)
32GB RAM
2x 1TB NVMe
Fenvi-T919

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ I got my system up and running how I wanted thanks to you and the community. Thank you all. I have AVB working without dropping the connection to my Avid Pro Carbon Interface. Last thing I did was downgrade from Bios F9m to F9l. Also notice on HackinTool/USB’s now it shows the XHC3. I am guessing that's the 2 TB/USB-c on the board right? (Z390 Designare) I haven’t try them yet, but I will and come back to confirm. However…… my Bluetooth disappeared. Ethernet Port/WiFi working but Bluetooth just disappeared; not even the Bluetooth Logo on System Preferences. Could it be the USB map? Please that will be my last bug, and I will be complete (Knock on wood) any idea or help…. Again lol.

Thanks in advance.

Z390 Designare
i9-9900K
macOS Big Sur (Latest Update 11.6.x)
32GB RAM
2x 1TB NVMe
Fenvi-T919
Hello @Perdomo15

XHC3 is indeed the Thunderbolt USB controller.

Regarding Fenvi Bluetooth, it should appear in IORegistryExplorer under HS11 or HS12. Some suggestions:
  • Ensure that the Bluetooth USB cable is connected to the internal F_USB header.
  • Run IORegistryExplorer and scroll (not search) down to XHC --> HS11 or HS12. Post a screenshot of that section or look for any indication of Bluetooth Controller.

Motherboard
Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
Gt 710
Hello @Perdomo15

XHC3 is indeed the Thunderbolt USB controller.

Regarding Fenvi Bluetooth, it should appear in IORegistryExplorer under HS11 or HS12. Some suggestions:
  • Ensure that the Bluetooth USB cable is connected to the internal F_USB header.
  • Run IORegistryExplorer and scroll (not search) down to XHC --> HS11 or HS12. Post a screenshot of that section or look for any indication of Bluetooth Controller.
Will do…. Ill be back with pictures.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Intel > Need version # > See Rules!
Hey @CaseySJ, I got my Z390 Xtreme on 0.7.7 and Monteray. All is good except I just got a Sonnet Echo 5 Thunderbolt 4 Hub, and I cannot get it to be seen by my system. I have never flashed the Thunderbolt but I have used the thunderbolt SSDT. I am still on F9l BIOS, so not the most recent one that restricts the Thunderbolt ports to USB-C. What would I need to do to get the Thunderbolt 4 dock to work and ideally support Hot Plug?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey @CaseySJ, I got my Z390 Xtreme on 0.7.7 and Monteray. All is good except I just got a Sonnet Echo 5 Thunderbolt 4 Hub, and I cannot get it to be seen by my system. I have never flashed the Thunderbolt but I have used the thunderbolt SSDT. I am still on F9l BIOS, so not the most recent one that restricts the Thunderbolt ports to USB-C. What would I need to do to get the Thunderbolt 4 dock to work and ideally support Hot Plug?
Unfortunately Thunderbolt 4 hubs will not connect to this motherboard.