Classic Mac
  1. 512K
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
  4. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Update: I was stupid. My USB-C keyboard has a hub and needed HS03/HS04 active as well. I had to deactivate one of the front panel (HS06; I kept SS06) to stay below the port limit. All is good again.

Does anyone have a config that allows both Intel WiFi and the FractalDesign R6 front panel ports with OC 0.7.6? I tried building my own map with USBMap.command, but now the rear USB-C ports don't work (edit: SS03 and SS04). Wired keyboard doesn't even power up. All other ports (and WiFi) seem ok, though. Thanks.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z690 Aero G
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Does anyone have a config that allows both Intel WiFi and the FractalDesign R6 front panel ports with OC 0.7.6? I tried building my own map with USBMap.command, but now the rear USB-C ports don't work (edit: SS03 and SS04). Wired keyboard doesn't even power up. All other ports (and WiFi) seem ok, though. Thanks.
@PaulGemini

Check out Post #1. Under Contributed Files and Tips -> Custom USB SSDTs there is a spoiler "Custom USB SSDT for Fractal Design R6 Case" that may be useful.

I have always found that the app Hackintool is good at creating port maps. Reading the help for the USB section in Hackintool explains how to do it if you haven't used the app. I believe there are also detailed instructions for using Hackintool elsewhere on this site.

Motherboard
Aorus z370 Gaming 5
CPU
Graphics
RX580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Hi. I flashed my Alpine Ridge AIC yesterday and it looks good in System Report. I can see my PlugableTBT dock and my MOTU Audio in there. If I view the IOReg It looks almost as good but with the difference that the MOTU interface won't show? Also if I open MOTU software nothing seems to be connected via thunderbolt.

Opening System Audio it shows my dock's built-in audio device and it's working but the MOTU device (which is connected via TB 2 to the dock) is missing.

Any guidance on where start?

Also worth noting that I had it working for years in Catalina but still not in Big Sur. IOReg.pngOC AUXTOOLS.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    29.5 KB · Views: 11
  • SSDT-DTPG.aml
    100 bytes · Views: 12
  • SSDT-TB3-HackinDROM.aml
    2.2 KB · Views: 10
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi CaseySJ, I just upgraded to OC 0.7.6 and everything seems to work fine. Can I upgrade to Monterey through builtin Software Update or do I need any specific guide to do it?
Best Regards

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus Z690 ProArt Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi CaseySJ, I just upgraded to OC 0.7.6 and everything seems to work fine. Can I upgrade to Monterey through builtin Software Update or do I need any specific guide to do it?
Best Regards
Hello @skroutz999

Yes it’s okay to upgrade to Monterey, though it’s best to check if your apps and devices are compatible. Some third party kernel extensions can cause boot failure as we found out yesterday with a Highpoint NVMe add-in-card.

In some cases SecureBootModel should be changed to Disabled in Misc —> Security.

Lastly, can you ‘edit’ your post and remove the mini-guide. The title of the guide asks that it not be quoted in its entirety. It’s okay to quote the title only.

To Everyone:

The guides and mini-guides in this thread are reference posts. Think of them as Wikipedia articles that can change and update. Because millions of people refer to Wikipedia, imagine if everyone fully quoted each article that they wanted to reference. There would be many redundant copies of Wikipedia. Worse, if the original article gets updated, the copies will not. Anyone who refers to the copy will be referring to an outdated version. Similarly, this thread would be full of redundant copies of the guides.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus Z690 ProArt Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
I have problem with screen saver if I select source from folder with my pictures.
It is not working after updates to Monterey

Any one face same similar issue
Lucky for you, this problem has been fixed in Monterey 12.1 that should be released early next week.

Please see 4th paragraph after the photo:

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KF
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
To Everyone:

The guides and mini-guides in this thread are reference posts. Think of them as Wikipedia articles that can change and update. Because millions of people refer to Wikipedia, imagine if everyone fully quoted each article that they wanted to reference. There would be many redundant copies of Wikipedia. Worse, if the original article gets updated, the copies will not. Anyone who refers to the copy will be referring to an outdated version. Similarly, this thread would be full of redundant copies of the guides.
maybe @tonymacx86 could handle this programmatically when quoted post characters length is above xx ?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello @skroutz999

Yes it’s okay to upgrade to Monterey, though it’s best to check if your apps and devices are compatible. Some third party kernel extensions can cause boot failure as we found out yesterday with a Highpoint NVMe add-in-card.

In some cases SecureBootModel should be changed to Disabled in Misc —> Security.

Lastly, can you ‘edit’ your post and remove the mini-guide. The title of the guide asks that it not be quoted in its entirety. It’s okay to quote the title only.

To Everyone:

Ok I removed the guide from my post. Thanks for the information, I will proceed with the upgrade and leave feedback. Thanks again!