Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

following your advice wifi works ....... grrrrrr i can't figure out where the problem is
Does this mean:
  • WiFi works in Recovery?
  • WiFi also works in standard macOS?
  • Was it necessary to disable Little Snitch?

Yes, WiFi works in recovery;
WiFi doesn't work in standard MacOS;
I don't understand.

I can tell you the steps that I have done but that I have not understood:
1) update to Monterey 12.1 with Little Snitch disabled but installed, WiFi worked;
2) to test the system I rebooted the hack, Llittle Snitch disable but installed WiFi doesn't work;
3) removed Llittle Snitch and reboot the system, WiFi doesn't work;
4) connected the router to the hack by wired, logged to the router and changed the channel of the WiFi;
5) A Miracle happened, WiFi works both with static and dynamic IP.

In the end I'm not able to understand what was the matter, for now I stay with OpenCore 0.7.5. In the next days I will test OpenCore 0.7.6, and I would like to reinstall little snitch.

Thanks for the advice you gave me.

Yes, WiFi works in recovery;
WiFi doesn't work in standard MacOS;
I don't understand.

I can tell you the steps that I have done but that I have not understood:
1) update to Monterey 12.1 with Little Snitch disabled but installed, WiFi worked;
2) to test the system I rebooted the hack, Llittle Snitch disable but installed WiFi doesn't work;
3) removed Llittle Snitch and reboot the system, WiFi doesn't work;
4) connected the router to the hack by wired, logged to the router and changed the channel of the WiFi;
5) A Miracle happened, WiFi works both with static and dynamic IP.

In the end I'm not able to understand what was the matter, for now I stay with OpenCore 0.7.5. In the next days I will test OpenCore 0.7.6, and I would like to reinstall little snitch.

Thanks for the advice you gave me.
Good thinking!

Unfortunately, I haven't found a solution for the i211 Ethernet port. The SmallTreeIntel82576 driver does not work in Monterey. A workaround is to use a USB-to-Gigabit Ethernet adapter. If you have a USB-C Hub or Thunderbolt Dock, it most likely has a Gigabit Ethernet adapter.
You could try the "old" AppleIGB Kext

You could try the "old" AppleIGB Kext
We found some issues with this, but it's certainly worth re-testing:
  • Ethernet port does not resume after wake-from-sleep
  • If Ethernet cable is hot plugged or hot unplugged, system may crash

We found some issues with this, but it's certainly worth re-testing:
  • Ethernet port does not resume after wake-from-sleep
  • If Ethernet cable is hot plugged or hot unplugged, system may crash
Could you test and post crash logs please

Also if anyone can test this kext on i210 please let me know

Could you test and post crash logs please

Also if anyone can test this kext on i210 please let me know
Sure... I've compiled the kext and installed it successfully. This is being posted from i211 port on Z390 Designare in Monterey 12.1.
Screen Shot 2021-12-14 at 10.41.20 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-12-14 at 10.41.47 AM.png

Now to check for reliability issues... No connection after wake-from-sleep:
Screen Shot 2021-12-14 at 10.46.45 AM.png

Attachments

• AppleIGB.kext.zip
    61.6 KB · Views: 37
I would like to ask now that I cannot have a decent speed through i211 on Monterey between my 2x Designares, is there any other way to connect the 2 systems and be able to map Lacie 2BiG Tb3 through this connection just like I did it through LAN? I thought it might work with a 2M TB3 cable,. But I don't have one ATM, and they are quite expensive. Maybe a USB type C cable?

I would like to ask now that I cannot have a decent speed through i211 on Monterey between my 2x Designares, is there any other way to connect the 2 systems and be able to map Lacie 2BiG Tb3 through this connection just like I did it through LAN? I thought it might work with a 2M TB3 cable,. But I don't have one ATM, and they are quite expensive. Maybe a USB type C cable?
Hello @skroutz999

If you were using a wired Ethernet connection between the two Designare systems, it is still possible to connect them via a USB-to-Ethernet adapter. We can use:
  • USB Type A to Gigabit Ethernet adapter
  • USB Type C to Gigabit Ethernet adapter
  • USB Type A to 2.5GbE adapter
  • USB Type C to 2.5GbE adapter
The first two are 1 gigabit adapters that are about US$15.
The second two are 2.5 gigabit adapters that are about US$20 to US$30.

Regarding the Lacie 2BIG TB3 device, only a Thunderbolt cable will be compatible. A USB-C cable without the "lightning" logo will not work.

Sure... I've compiled the kext and installed it successfully. This is being posted from i211 port on Z390 Designare in Monterey 12.1.

Now to check for reliability issues... No connection after wake-from-sleep:
Sorry I havent followed your previous experimentations with this kext
  • have you tried to kextunload un reload it back ? (even dont know if it is still possible in theses new macOSs)
  • What about setting DHCP manually ?
  • What happens when you unplug and replug ethernet cable?
  • Can you see any info about "wake-from-sleep issue" in Console.app ?

Last edited:
Back