Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hi, CaseSJ! The IOReg was created last time the WiFi worked with 0.7.6, too. After that, also with 0.7.5, WiFii doesn't work.
The strange thing is that WiFi works with a cell phone as a hot spot.
In any case here below there is a IOReg with wifi active bat not functional, booted with 0.7.6.
I hope you will be able to help me.
Thanks

Attachments

• mario’s iMac (2).zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 37
Hi, CaseSJ! The IOReg was created last time the WiFi worked with 0.7.6, too. After that, also with 0.7.5, WiFii doesn't work.
The strange thing is that WiFi works with a cell phone as a hot spot.
In any case here below there is a IOReg with wifi active bat not functional, booted with 0.7.6.
I hope you will be able to help me.
Thanks
It still looks okay. Please try a cold start, like this:
  • Shutdown the computer.
  • Flip power switch on PSU to OFF for about 10 seconds.
  • Power back up.
  • Boot macOS and check if WiFi connects to your wireless network.
  • Also try turn WiFi off and on again from the menu bar.
Screen Shot 2021-12-12 at 1.36.43 PM.png

Thanks for reminding me! This came up last week, but I did not update the top of Post 1. Will do that now.

Meanwhile, my advice is not to upgrade to this new BIOS. @canyondust upgraded his Z490 Vision D to the new capsule BIOS and it's been successful, but that does not mean the same will happen on Z390 Designare.
For clarity, my MB is a Z490 Vision G

Step 5: Program Modified Firmware into the Flash Chip.
  • Be sure that you have followed Step 4 and kept a copy of the original firmware.
  • Locate the modified firmware and program it into the chip as follows:
Code:
% sudo flashrom -p ch341a_spi -w Name_of_Modified_Firmware.bin
  • This will (a) erase the chip, (b) program new firmware into the chip, and (c) verify the new content.

(All photos except the first taken handheld on iPhone 11 Pro Max.)
Hi, I'm going to flash a Titan Ridge that I have for a computer in my studio. And I am seeing that there are different firmware for the GC Titan Ridge. One is the modification of elias and casey, and another is that of d2m. Which should be convenient to use?

CaseySJ hi.
Do you have a solution for this "Designaire USB randomly stops working"?
Mojave

Thanks.

CaseySJ hi.
Do you have a solution for this "Designaire USB randomly stops working"?
Mojave

Thanks.
If you are using a number of USB 2.0 devices, please see if this post helps:

It still looks okay. Please try a cold start, like this:
  • Shutdown the computer.
  • Flip power switch on PSU to OFF for about 10 seconds.
  • Power back up.
  • Boot macOS and check if WiFi connects to your wireless network.
  • Also try turn WiFi off and on again from the menu bar.
View attachment 537072
Hi, CaseySJ! I did everything you recommended to me, but without resolution of the problem.

I have also disassembled and reassembled the fenvi card, without resolution, I have reset NVRAM, too. But the result is always the same; the WiFi doesn't work connected to the router. At this point I believe is a problem of the Fenvi card.
I am only perplexed by the fact that the hack obtain a correct IP from the router, and the router works because I connect the cell phone to it without a problem.

Hi, CaseySJ! I did everything you recommended to me, but without resolution of the problem.

I have also disassembled and reassembled the fenvi card, without resolution, I have reset NVRAM, too. But the result is always the same; the WiFi doesn't work connected to the router. At this point I believe is a problem of the Fenvi card.
I am only perplexed by the fact that the hack obtain a correct IP from the router, and the router works because I connect the cell phone to it without a problem.
Do you have any firewall, virus protection, or other Internet security software installed?

No, I don't have antivirus protection, as Internet security software I use little snitch, but if it were his fault he would not go with the cable or the cell phone.
It all started with OpenCore 0.7.6. In meantime I ordered another Fenvi card.

No, I don't have antivirus protection, as Internet security software I use little snitch, but if it were his fault he would not go with the cable or the cell phone.
It all started with OpenCore 0.7.6. In meantime I ordered another Fenvi card.
Are you saying that your Fenvi FV-T919 can connect to your Phone via personal hotspot? Or you are saying that your router is okay because your Phone and your wired connection both work?

Have you tried going back to OpenCore 0.7.5?

Last edited:
Back