Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hi CaseySJ, I just upgraded to OC 0.7.6 and everything seems to work fine. Can I upgrade to Monterey through builtin Software Update or do I need any specific guide to do it?
Best Regards

Last edited:
Hi CaseySJ, I just upgraded to OC 0.7.6 and everything seems to work fine. Can I upgrade to Monterey through builtin Software Update or do I need any specific guide to do it?
Best Regards
Hello @skroutz999

Yes it’s okay to upgrade to Monterey, though it’s best to check if your apps and devices are compatible. Some third party kernel extensions can cause boot failure as we found out yesterday with a Highpoint NVMe add-in-card.

In some cases SecureBootModel should be changed to Disabled in Misc —> Security.

Lastly, can you ‘edit’ your post and remove the mini-guide. The title of the guide asks that it not be quoted in its entirety. It’s okay to quote the title only.

To Everyone:

The guides and mini-guides in this thread are reference posts. Think of them as Wikipedia articles that can change and update. Because millions of people refer to Wikipedia, imagine if everyone fully quoted each article that they wanted to reference. There would be many redundant copies of Wikipedia. Worse, if the original article gets updated, the copies will not. Anyone who refers to the copy will be referring to an outdated version. Similarly, this thread would be full of redundant copies of the guides.

Hi,
I have problem with screen saver if I select source from folder with my pictures.
It is not working after updates to Monterey

Any one face same similar issue
Lucky for you, this problem has been fixed in Monterey 12.1 that should be released early next week.

Please see 4th paragraph after the photo:

To Everyone:

The guides and mini-guides in this thread are reference posts. Think of them as Wikipedia articles that can change and update. Because millions of people refer to Wikipedia, imagine if everyone fully quoted each article that they wanted to reference. There would be many redundant copies of Wikipedia. Worse, if the original article gets updated, the copies will not. Anyone who refers to the copy will be referring to an outdated version. Similarly, this thread would be full of redundant copies of the guides.
maybe @tonymacx86 could handle this programmatically when quoted post characters length is above xx ?

Hello @skroutz999

Yes it’s okay to upgrade to Monterey, though it’s best to check if your apps and devices are compatible. Some third party kernel extensions can cause boot failure as we found out yesterday with a Highpoint NVMe add-in-card.

In some cases SecureBootModel should be changed to Disabled in Misc —> Security.

Lastly, can you ‘edit’ your post and remove the mini-guide. The title of the guide asks that it not be quoted in its entirety. It’s okay to quote the title only.

To Everyone:

Ok I removed the guide from my post. Thanks for the information, I will proceed with the upgrade and leave feedback. Thanks again!

Hi to all, I would like to know if anyone has had problem with OpenCore 0.7.6 and Fenvi T-919 WiFi/Bluetooth card.
In my experience I had to downgrade to OpenCore 0.7.5 to be able to use WiFi.
With OpenCore 0.7.6 there was no way to use WiFi; the system seemed to be connected to the router but the hackintosh wasn't able to navigate on the net, so what with 0.7.5 is possible.
Do you have any idea to solve the problem?

Hi to all, I would like to know if anyone has had problem with OpenCore 0.7.6 and Fenvi T-919 WiFi/Bluetooth card.
@myname71

My Fenvi T-919 card has performed almost flawlessly for over two years with all versions of Clover, OpenCore, and macOS. I just woke my system from an overnight sleep and the Bluetooth, which I don't use, had an issue that was solved with a reboot. That's the first flaw I've ever noticed.

WiFi is running fine with OC 0.7.6 with both Monterey 12.0.1 and Big Sur 11.6.1. Use CaseSJ's EFI folder as a starting point for whatever version of OC and macOS you are running. I don't think there is anything in the OC 0.7.6 EFI that would affect WiFi.

With OpenCore 0.7.6 there was no way to use WiFi; the system seemed to be connected to the router but the hackintosh wasn't able to navigate on the net, so what with 0.7.5 is possible.
Do you have any idea to solve the problem?
If you are inclined to try OpenCore 0.7.6 one more time, please do so and see if WiFi is working. If not, simply run IORegistryExplorer and select File --> Save As..., then post the saved file. That file could help us diagnose the problem.

IORegistryExplorer is available from here.

Back