CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
AMD RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi @CaseySJ do you mind to take a look into my EFI folder? My Mackintosh is really unusable using this RX 6900 XT. I'm about to return the graphics card, but before I do it, would like to understand if everything is ok with my settings.

Is really behaving weird... apart form the freezes and lags, I can't even open some webpages on Safari. (I have to disable Java in order to open.)

Also tried a clean install yesterday on a second M.2 disk and happens the same. So I really don't understand if this is a defective card (apparently is working fine on Windows) or some settings are wrong on my EFI folder.

Thanks and sorry for this. :(

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare z390
CPU
i9 9900k
Graphics
Vega Frontier
Classic Mac
  1. LC
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Please try OpenCore 0.7.5 to see whether Bluetooth comes back.
@CaseySJ OpenCore 0.7.5 allows Bluetooth, awesome!

QUESTION:
The computer does not STAY asleep. I don't know the amount of time it sleeps - but it has been alseep for over an hour in testing. I will put it to sleep before bed but the next morning, the computer is running (displays are off). It will turn the displays on if I click/move mouse.

Everything is off in energy saver except "put hard disks to sleep when possible"

EDIT: Attached Sleep Log

Attachments

• Sleep-Log.txt
    716.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi @CaseySJ do you mind to take a look into my EFI folder? My Mackintosh is really unusable using this RX 6900 XT. I'm about to return the graphics card, but before I do it, would like to understand if everything is ok with my settings.

Is really behaving weird... apart form the freezes and lags, I can't even open some webpages on Safari. (I have to disable Java in order to open.)

Also tried a clean install yesterday on a second M.2 disk and happens the same. So I really don't understand if this is a defective card (apparently is working fine on Windows) or some settings are wrong on my EFI folder.

Hi @ummario,

Apologies for the late reply. Alder Lake is consuming all my attention at the moment.

Anyway, some things to check from hardware point of view first:
  • What is the power rating on your PSU?
  • How many PCIe cards are installed?
  • Have you considered connecting power cable to 2x2 PEG power adapter near the SATA ports? This will provide more power to PCIe slots.
The other issue is this:
Screen Shot 2021-11-17 at 6.07.27 PM.png

Motherboard
Asus Z690 ProArt Creator
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
AMD RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi @ummario,

Apologies for the late reply. Alder Lake is consuming all my attention at the moment.

• Have you considered connecting power cable to 2x2 PEG power adapter near the SATA ports? This will provide more power to PCIe slots.
The other issue is this:
View attachment 534874

Hi @CaseySJ, you don't need to apologize. It's me who should do it.

The 'God of the Hackintoshers' needs all your time in the Alder Lake Thread :)

My PSU is a Phanteks Revolt X 1200W 80+ Platinum. So more then enough power to the Graphics card. The RX 6900 has 3 power connectors, and I connected 3 independent cables to the PSU.

I must confess that my Phanteks Evolv X Case (same as your's right?), after the PSU installed on place, has a very difficult access to the power connectors in the back. So definitively I will check that propperlly. Maybe one of the cables is not propperlly fitted. I must check that.

I only have 2 cards installed: the graphics card on first slot (where was before my vega 64) and the Fenvi card on second slot. I tried to remove the Fenvi card from second slot, because I remeber I had a few problems with fenvi card in one of the slots in the past (don't remember anymore which slot it was at that time) Also tried to move graphics card to slot 2, both tries did not solve the problem.

Thanks for the tip about the PEG adapter. I will try that option.

Meanwhile I have another problem :crazy::

Yesterday night I tried to chose diferente SMBIOS. After one of the boots bluetooth was not working, so disconnected power for a few seconds, after that I don't know what happened but my BIOS lost configuration. I had to configure Bios again. After that Hackintosh didn't boot. Also tried to boot with usb stick, but also that didn't worked. Is stuck on Apple logo after Opencore picker.

I must see what is happening....

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi @CaseySJ, you don't need to apologize. It's me who should do it.

The 'God of the Hackintoshers' needs all your time in the Alder Lake Thread :)

My PSU is a Phanteks Revolt X 1200W 80+ Platinum. So more then enough power to the Graphics card. The RX 6900 has 3 power connectors, and I connected 3 independent cables to the PSU.

I must confess that my Phanteks Evolv X Case (same as your's right?), after the PSU installed on place, has a very difficult access to the power connectors in the back. So definitively I will check that propperlly. Maybe one of the cables is not propperlly fitted. I must check that.

I only have 2 cards installed: the graphics card on first slot (where was before my vega 64) and the Fenvi card on second slot. I tried to remove the Fenvi card from second slot, because I remeber I had a few problems with fenvi card in one of the slots in the past (don't remember anymore which slot it was at that time) Also tried to move graphics card to slot 2, both tries did not solve the problem.

Thanks for the tip about the PEG adapter. I will try that option.

Meanwhile I have another problem :crazy::

Yesterday night I tried to chose diferente SMBIOS. After one of the boots bluetooth was not working, so disconnected power for a few seconds, after that I don't know what happened but my BIOS lost configuration. I had to configure Bios again. After that Hackintosh didn't boot. Also tried to boot with usb stick, but also that didn't worked. Is stuck on Apple logo after Opencore picker.

I must see what is happening....
Please try CMOS Reset. We should also disable one of the two SSDT-UIAC... checkboxes in ACPI section of config.plist.

Motherboard
Asus Z690 ProArt Creator
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
AMD RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi @ummario,

The other issue is this:
View attachment 534874
Hi Again @CaseySJ

I did all your suggestions, including the power cable to PEG, but the RX6900 still lags.... Do you think it may be defective? Even as said works fine on Windows. Do you maybe have any other suggestion?

Thank you!

ps - the system was not booting, because I did a mistake loading the settings in BIOS. Forgot the last step of your guide that was: "Boot → CFG-Lock → Disabled"

Motherboard
z390 Designare
CPU
i9 9900k
Graphics
Radeon 6900xt
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

Just to add a note: I have the XFX MERC 315 6900XT and it works flawlessly out of the box on 11.6.1 ... I've had an occasional red flash on window resizing but that's by far not a dealbreaker.

Motherboard
GA-Z390-DESIGNARE
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Is there any way I can use the second Ethernet port on the MOBO as a serial connection (bridge?) to another device, but have it join the LAN that the computer is joining from the other Ethernet port (DHCP from my router)?

I want my laptop to be able to join my LAN without having to drag a second 10 meter cable from my living room if possible :D

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Is there any way I can use the second Ethernet port on the MOBO as a serial connection (bridge?) to another device, but have it join the LAN that the computer is joining from the other Ethernet port (DHCP from my router)?

I want my laptop to be able to join my LAN without having to drag a second 10 meter cable from my living room if possible :D
Although I've not tried it myself, it might be possible to do this by:

System Preferences --> Network --> Manage Virtual Interfaces --> Bridge the two Ethernet ports
System Preferences --> Sharing --> Internet Sharing

But I have to ask: Why not use WiFi on your laptop? If your laptop does not have WiFi, this can help: