Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hello !!
If the "OWC Hub Thunderbolt 4 - Hub 4 ports Thunderbolt 4" works well with the gc titan ridge 2.0 (not flashed) on the Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming it is, on the other hand, not recognized by the onboard TB3 of the Z390 Designare ( not flashed too). (OC 0.7.5 on both). (The Designare recognizes LG 5K Ultrafine or Samsung TB3 X5...)
An idea ?
I do have this OWC TB4 hub, and it works fine with onboard TB3 of Z390 Designare (no firmware flashed). I have tested USB ports and my LG 32ul950, no issues.
OC 0.7.5
1638068712114.png

I

I do have this OWC TB4 hub, and it works fine with onboard TB3 of Z390 Designare (no firmware flashed). I have tested USB ports and my LG 32ul950, no issues.
OC 0.7.5
For my part it is about this product that I am talking about, you too ?OWC TB4.png

OWC Hub Thunderbolt 4 - Hub 4 ports Thunderbolt 4 + 1 port USB 3.0​

@CaseySJ, So I'm on Mojave 10.14.5, I dont think I'm ready to goto Monterey yet until things stabilize. I see a guide on upgrading to Catalina from Mojave but its using Clover and I'm on Opencore .6.5, the tutorial says to do an in place upgrade but it just gives me 10.14.6 and Monterey as the options. What do you suggest? Is there a guide on Mojave to Big Sur using Opencare upgrade or to Catalina using Opencore, than I can go from Catalina to Big Sur etc...

@CaseySJ, So I'm on Mojave 10.14.5, I dont think I'm ready to goto Monterey yet until things stabilize. I see a guide on upgrading to Catalina from Mojave but its using Clover and I'm on Opencore .6.5, the tutorial says to do an in place upgrade but it just gives me 10.14.6 and Monterey as the options. What do you suggest? Is there a guide on Mojave to Big Sur using Opencare upgrade or to Catalina using Opencore, than I can go from Catalina to Big Sur etc...
Sure -- we can install any particular version of macOS by downloading the full installer.
  • Keep using OpenCore 0.7.5. It is compatible with Catalina and Big Sur.
  • Follow STEP-1 from here, and select the specific version of macOS you want to install.
  • Now, in your Applications folder you will find Install macOS xxxx where xxxx is the version of macOS you selected.
  • Double-click to begin the installation.
As always, make a full backup before beginning.

Clarity edit: In my OC 075 EFI, I am using two OS-dependent versions of USB InjectAll.

Attachments

• USB across several OSes.png
    USB across several OSes.png
    57.7 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Sure -- we can install any particular version of macOS by downloading the full installer.
  • Keep using OpenCore 0.7.5. It is compatible with Catalina and Big Sur.
  • Follow STEP-1 from here, and select the specific version of macOS you want to install.
  • Now, in your Applications folder you will find Install macOS xxxx where xxxx is the version of macOS you selected.
  • Double-click to begin the installation.
As always, make a full backup before beginning.
This will do an upgrade for me correct, not a wipe and fresh install?

.../... It is possible to install GC-Titan Ridge into Z390 Designare even though there is already a Titan Ridge controller on the motherboard.../...
It's possible? But there is no Thunderbolt add-in card connector on this mother board?

Back