Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

good morning ... after successful installation of Monterey, I have noticed that my second network port does not work, I already put the EFI 0.75. Any idea how to solve it? @CaseySJ thanks

Attachments

• Captura de tela 02.11.2021 às 13.34.16 PM.png
    Captura de tela 02.11.2021 às 13.34.16 PM.png
    38.7 KB · Views: 45
Glad to hear it. I've already updated my Z390, Z490, and B550 systems. Next on the list are ASRock X570 Taichi, Asus X99 Deluxe II, and Gigabyte X570S Aero G.
Any special things I should consider for my Optiplex 9020 build when updating to opencore 0.7.5?

@CaseySJ

I'm using z390 aorus master, latest bios f11n, it have the same random freeze problem with bigsur 11.4, now I've using f11n with resizable bar option on monterey for an hour, no freeze.

maybe you can also try f9j on z390 designare, I'll try this version tomorrow when I back to office.
Awesome! It seems Monterey is actually compatible with some of these new-fangled BIOSes. I've installed F20 on my Z490 Vision D with no issues other than USB-C devices being unable to connect to Thunderbolt ports (known issue).

Will try latest BIOS for Z390 Designare soon.

I will try this when i get a chance, i have an extenal TB m2 EVO Plus 1T, can i reformat then use CCC to clone internal, then copy over EFI and test and be good ? Then if times are good reverse the process?
Yes exactly.

good morning ... after successful installation of Monterey, I have noticed that my second network port does not work, I already put the EFI 0.75. Any idea how to solve it? @CaseySJ thanks
This is a known issue because SmallTreeIntel82576 kext does not work in Monterey. If another Ethernet port is needed, we can use a simple low-cost USB to Gigabit Ethernet adapter. If you have a Thunderbolt or USB-C dock that has an Ethernet port built-in, that can also be used.

Reactions: Rag
Any special things I should consider for my Optiplex 9020 build when updating to opencore 0.7.5?
Fortunately OpenCore 0.7.5 is a straightforward update. If you refer back to my 0.7.5 post, it would be good to include at least the changes listed in that post.

@CaseySJ

I'm using z390 aorus master, latest bios f11n, it have the same random freeze problem with bigsur 11.4, now I've using f11n with resizable bar option on monterey for an hour, no freeze.

maybe you can also try f9j on z390 designare, I'll try this version tomorrow when I back to office.
I've had issues with F11N and F11O on Aorus Master. Haven't made it past F11M.

Edit: Have not tried latest (F11o) on Monterrey yet.

Last edited:
This is a known issue because SmallTreeIntel82576 kext does not work in Monterey. If another Ethernet port is needed, we can use a simple low-cost USB to Gigabit Ethernet adapter. If you have a Thunderbolt or USB-C dock that has an Ethernet port built-in, that can also be used.
@CaseySJ Ok...thanks, this is not a problem in my configuration, but it is a problem in this update. I don't need two cards right now. I just noticed this problem and I thought it was something I had done wrong in my configuration, as it is a restriction... I'm fine. Thanks

@CaseySJ Ok...thanks, this is not a problem in my configuration, but it is a problem in this update. I don't need two cards right now. I just noticed this problem and I thought it was something I had done wrong in my configuration, as it is a restriction... I'm fine. Thanks
FYI, the beta volunteer post has been converted to Mini-Guide now, and includes this:

Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 10.39.44 AM.png

@CaseySJ--
I've updated my OC from 0.6.5 to 0.7.4, and did an in-place upgrade from Big Sur to Monterey. To restore BT function (I use a BT dongle) I installed BlueToolFixup.kext (July version) that I found in another forum. I'm sure there is one here, probably newer, but I only did a quick search and didn't find it.

EDIT--I now see that BlueToolFixup.kext 2.6.1 is included in the 0.7.5 package. I have just installed the new version into my EFI folder (not the EFI folder attached to this post).

Z390 Aorus Pro, BIOS F12K (next-to-latest version)
unflashed GA Alpine Ridge v2, attached to RP21

I did the 0.7.4 update by starting with your EFI folder, then copying items from my 0.6.5 folder that I thought I needed. would you be kind enough to review my EFI folder and see if there is extraneous stuff in it (likely) or if something is missing.

thanks

Ken

Attachments

• EFI OC 0.7.4.zip
    10.3 MB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Back