Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks! Although I was actually thinking about doing a clean install, so might wait for the guide, because I'm running Clover now and think it might be a good idea to go over to OpenCore. Or is it?
It's possible and recommended to migrate from Clover to OpenCore on the same version of macOS. After ensuring that OpenCore is working properly:
  1. We can perform an in-place upgrade to latest macOS.
  2. We can perform a clean install of latest macOS. We can follow the GibMacOS procedure for downloading the full Monterey installer and creating a USB install disk. Then we copy OpenCore EFI folder to EFI partition of the USB install disk and boot from that disk.
    • See Step 1 and Step 2 here, but change references from Big Sur to Monterey.

Last edited:
Motherboard
GA-Z390-DESIGNARE
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It's possible and recommended to migrate from Clover to OpenCore on the same version of macOS. After ensuring that OpenCore is working properly:
  1. We can perform an in-place upgrade to latest macOS. A guide for that is provided here.
  2. We can perform a clean installof latest macOS. We can follow the GibMacOS procedure for downloading the full Monterey installer and creating a USB install disk. Then we copy OpenCore EFI folder to EFI partition of the USB install disk and boot from that disk.
    • See Step 1 and Step 2 here, but change references from Big Sur to Monterey.

Oh, I can migrate without starting from scratch? Is there a guide for this too? Thanks!

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Has anyone had an issue with intelWireless Kext and only getting around 20 MBPS max of wifi speed? I am not able to figure out what the issue is, but it seems to be much slower than all other devices on the network (Fiber 1 GBPS).

Update: I have also tried on the same PC on Windows OS and am getting at least 100 MPBS.

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Has anyone had an issue with intelWireless Kext and only getting around 20 MBPS max of wifi speed? I am not able to figure out what the issue is, but it seems to be much slower than all other devices on the network (Fiber 1 GBPS).

Update: I have also tried on the same PC on Windows OS and am getting at least 100 MPBS.
Which version of the kext are you using? (Finder --> Get Info)

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
IntelMausi 1.0.7 -- I am on the latest 0.7.4 files for OC
Intel Wireless is controlled by AirportItlwm.kext, whereas IntelMausi controls the 1GbE physical Ethernet port on the rear IO panel.

We can also hold OPTION key while clicking the WiFi icon on menu bar. This will show extended properties of the network. What PHY Mode do you see there?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Intel Wireless is controlled by AirportItlwm.kext, whereas IntelMausi controls the 1GbE physical Ethernet port on the rear IO panel.

We can also hold OPTION key while clicking the WiFi icon on menu bar. This will show extended properties of the network. What PHY Mode do you see there?
802.11ac