Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ

Using your (originally posted) OC 0.7.5 EFI folder, with both Big Sur 11.6.1 and Monterey 12.0.1 everything works as expected. I'm using the Fenvi WiFi/BT card.

I did boot Windows 10 then warm booted into both Monterey and Big Sur and BT worked fine. I do not use "Resizable BAR Support" in Windows.

Looks like I can safely upgrade my working EFI with your OC 0.7.5. :)
Glad to hear it. I've already updated my Z390, Z490, and B550 systems. Next on the list are ASRock X570 Taichi, Asus X99 Deluxe II, and Gigabyte X570S Aero G.

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to disable csr in opencore configurator 0.7.3. I made a note somewhere but can't find it nowhere. I did some search and came across some user's comments which advise the value of E7030000 but it does not work.

csr-active-config = E7030000

I appreciate your help.

Thanks!

P.S.
I also tried FF070000

after deleting line in opencore configurator
  • NVRAM -> Delete -> 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 -> csr-active-config
No luck...

Attachments

• CSR Config.jpg
    CSR Config.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
** Beta Testers Wanted for OpenCore 0.7.5 **
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
If you are unable to boot Windows through OpenCore, try disabling AppleVTD by following the bottom half of this post.

DONE

Things to Test or Check:
  • Any OCS or other warnings before OpenCore picker appears? Nothing appears
  • Does Catalina, Big Sur, or Monterey boot properly? Monterey 12.0.1 (21A559) boots properly
  • Does Bluetooth work? Can you enable and disable Bluetooth? Yes it works; and yes, I can
  • Does Bluetooth work if you (a) boot into Windows and then (b) boot into macOS without doing a cold start? : Yes, It works
  • If you use "Resizable BAR Support" in Windows, try enabling that in BIOS and check if macOS boots properly :I Don't use it
  • Ensure that REL-075-xxx appears on bottom right corner of OpenCanopy Picker : Yes !! It is !
  • include the version of MacOS you used : Monterey 12.0.1 (21A559)

Last edited:
Things to Test or Check:
  • Any OCS or other warnings before OpenCore picker appears?
  • Does Catalina, Big Sur, or Monterey boot properly?
  • Does Bluetooth work? Can you enable and disable Bluetooth?
  • Does Bluetooth work if you (a) boot into Windows and then (b) boot into macOS without doing a cold start?
  • If you use "Resizable BAR Support" in Windows, try enabling that in BIOS and check if macOS boots properly.

@CaseySJ

Things to Test or Check:
  • Any OCS or other warnings before OpenCore picker appears?
  • No. Works great.
  • Does Catalina, Big Sur, or Monterey boot properly?
  • Yes (Monterey, 12.0.1 (21A559))
  • Does Bluetooth work? Can you enable and disable Bluetooth?
  • Yes. Works great (AirPods Pro tested)
  • Does Bluetooth work if you (a) boot into Windows and then (b) boot into macOS without doing a cold start?
  • Yes. Works great.
  • If you use "Resizable BAR Support" in Windows, try enabling that in BIOS and check if macOS boots properly.
  • I didn't test this/use this?

I did also disabled AppleVTD due to my previous experiences Windows 10 & 11 don't boot with it enabled.

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to disable csr in opencore configurator 0.7.3. I made a note somewhere but can't find it nowhere. I did some search and came across some user's comments which advise the value of E7030000 but it does not work.

csr-active-config = E7030000

I appreciate your help.

Thanks!

P.S.
I also tried FF070000

after deleting line in opencore configurator
  • NVRAM -> Delete -> 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 -> csr-active-config
No luck...
It is necessary to keep the entry:
  • NVRAM —> Delete -> 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 -> csr-active-config
Then setting ‘csr-active-config’ in the ‘add’ section to E7030000 and rebooting should be enough to disable SIP.

Last edited:
Now we have 2 data points regarding this solution, namely:
  • Samsung NVMe users experiencing very long boot times could try a fresh install of Monterey.
  • But we don't know how long it will be before boot time increases again!

@CaseySJ

Add another data point where reformatting and reinstalling Monterey, or simply reformatting and using Carbon Copy Cloner to restore from a backup to my Samsung NVMe reduced boot time back to a "normal" roughly 20 seconds with Monterey. (OC 0.7.5)

I have both Big Sur and Monterey installed on the Samsung SSD. I tested to see if it made any difference whether they were installed in separate partitions, or just separate APFS volumes in the same Container. It did not make any difference in boot times for Monterey. Booting Big Sur on this SSD never exhibited the slow boot.

After testing the boot time for the reformatted/reinstalled bare bones Monterey, I used Carbon Copy Cloner to clone back from my original Monterey backup over-writing the bare bones Monterey install. The boot times continued to be "normal" after the cloning.

As you pointed out, time will tell whether this continues to be the case with Monterey as more data gets written to the SSD.

I then mysteriously lost the ability to see the Monterey/Big Sur SSD in the BIOS boot priority listing, or using F12. I could only select the USB thumb drive. After trying every trick I knew I was forced to start over by reformatting the Samsung SSD again. I then used CCC to clone both the Monterey and Big Sur backups to the Samsung SSD using the "Legacy Bootable Backup Assistant." The BIOS boot priority setting then displayed the SSD as bootable. Again Monterey and Big Sur have "normal" boot times on the Samsung SSD.

In my case it was not necessary to reformat and reinstall Monterey from scratch. I could more quickly reformat and use CCC to restore from my backups and restore "normal" boot times for Monterey.

@NCMacGuy,

Very helpful. I was hoping that just erasing the disk and recovering it from a full backup would be sufficient to clear the slow boot time problem, and you’ve demonstrated that this is indeed the case.

It is necessary to keep the entry:
  • NVRAM —> Delete -> 7C436110-> 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 -> csr-active-config
Then setting ‘csr-active-config’ in the ‘add’ section to E7030000 and rebooting should be enough to disable SIP.
Thank you!

Things to Test or Check:
  • Any OCS or other warnings before OpenCore picker appears? Nothing appears.
  • Does Big Sur, or Monterey boot properly? Big Sur 11.6 (20G165) and Monterey 12.0.1 (21A559) boots properly.
  • Does Bluetooth work? Can you enable and disable Bluetooth? Yes it works and yes i can it enable/disable it; but i don´t use the bluetooth kexts BlueToolFixup 2.6.1 and BrcmFirmwareData 2.6.1. I have a Fenvi T-919 that works oob. I don´t need any more kexts.
  • Does Bluetooth work if you (a) boot into Windows and then (b) boot into macOS without doing a cold start? : Yes, It works.
  • If you use "Resizable BAR Support" in Windows, try enabling that in BIOS and check if macOS boots properly : I set config.plist -> Booter -> (Quirks) ResizeAppleGpuBars="0" (with value "-1" the monitor turned black) and UEFI -> (Quirks) ResizeGpuBars="-1"; my BIOS version is F9j (original, without any modifications like F9i from Elias64Fr); Resizable Bar Support ist set on "Auto".
  • Ensure that REL-075-2021-11-01 appears on bottom right corner of OpenCanopy Picker : Yes, It is.
  • include the version of MacOS you used : Monterey 12.0.1 (21A559)

Back