Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

With OpenCore 0.7.4, you’re ready for Monterey!
Bildschirmfoto 2021-10-23 um 12.20.14.png

Am I the only one with OpenIntel Bluetooth not working starting Beta10, but the problem persists through v. 12.0.1 ?
My main system is BigSur on another SSD and the Intel Bluetooth works very well with the same OC config (Casey's 'stock' 0.74 +serials)
I tried already without success or any changes:
  • reset NVRAM (twice..)
  • PSU off 10s
  • deleted com.apple.Bluetooth.plist from Library/Preferences as suggested elsewhere on this board
  • double-checked BlueToolFixup.kext is loaded & making sure IntelBlueToothInjector is off
In Hackintool the USB-section looks the same as in Catalina(where Bluetooth works perfectly)
Looks to me like the IntelBluetooth stuff is loaded but fails to turn on?!
Last time BT worked on Monterey was Beta4 (iIrc) before I updated directly to Beta10.
I do have a Fenvi T-919 but removed that from my build because BT-range from the Intel is better for me.Bildschirmfoto 2021-10-23 um 11.48.47.png

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2021-10-23 um 12.10.51.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2021-10-23 um 12.10.51.png
    96.3 KB · Views: 53
  • Bildschirmfoto 2021-10-23 um 11.49.27.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2021-10-23 um 11.49.27.png
    130.3 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Am I the only one with OpenIntel Bluetooth not working starting Beta10, but the problem persists through v. 12.0.1 ?
Nope. my z390 system with OC 0.7.4 on 10.15.7 just rencently does not seem to want to inject the openintel Bluetooth Kexts. I’m using caseysj’s z390 config from hackindrom.

One thing to try is this procedure:

On the other hand, I posted this some time ago at the top of the Z490 Vision D thread:

View attachment 531569
Ahhh! Nice. I’ve tried all the logging out etc already but no luck. Time to ditch this card I think.

Any advice on the best wifi / bt combo pcie card currently? Is there something newer than the FENVI?

Hi, CaseySJ
I upgraded the memory in my X99 build. It can reach 3200Mhz with XMP frequency. It is normal in Windows, but the system information is displayed as 2933Mhz in macOS. Is it OpenCore recognition error or automatic downfrequency in macOS memory?

Ahhh! Nice. I’ve tried all the logging out etc already but no luck. Time to ditch this card I think.

Any advice on the best wifi / bt combo pcie card currently? Is there something newer than the FENVI?
These cards can sometimes be tricky. We should try moving them to a different PCIe slot, enabling or disabling CSM Support, performing CMOS Reset (then configure BIOS parameters again), etc. Before giving up on the card you have, it would be good to go through some or all of these steps.

Unfortunately there isn’t a newer version of the Fenvi that is natively supported in macOS. I do hope they release a Broadcom-based WiFi 6 / BT 5.x card though.

Hi, CaseySJ
I upgraded the memory in my X99 build. It can reach 3200Mhz with XMP frequency. It is normal in Windows, but the system information is displayed as 2933Mhz in macOS. Is it OpenCore recognition error or automatic downfrequency in macOS memory?
Hello @Mace,

Does it say 2933MHz in “About this Mac”? Can you post a screenshot of OpenCore Configurator —> PlatformInfo —> Memory?

Hello @Mace,

Does it say 2933MHz in “About this Mac”? Can you post a screenshot of OpenCore Configurator —> PlatformInfo —> Memory?
Yes, but I'm not using custom memory

Xnip 2021-10-24_16-29-38@2x.png
Xnip 2021-10-24_16-25-44@2x.png

@CaseySJ , I'm reading your mini guide to upgrade to Big Sur from Catalalina. Is it still ok to use OC 0.6.3 version? It mentions even earlier version, but just wanted to confirm since it has been over a year.

Back