Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Yes they are (same values as in config.plist in clover) and the platformNVRAM too ...
I have double check all the parameters since month now .... there is a detail somewhere but where ....
I just copied my serial numbers into your EFI folder and booted Catalina 10.15.7 on my Z390 Designare with no trouble at all:

Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 4.53.31 PM.png

This could mean that serial numbers from Clover might not have been copied properly. Here's a guide with Clover on the left and OpenCore on the right:

Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 5.02.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 5.00.04 PM.png

Hi, I have a problem. I plug the GPU directly into the motherboard, so I can't plug the Wi-Fi card into the PCIEX1-1 slot. How do I rewrite the config.plist file to connect a Wi-Fi PCI card to PCIEX1-2 on the motherboard? Please forgive me for not having much understanding of Hackintosh.

Attached is the updated EFI for Z390 Aorus Xtreme. Please try this from a USB flash disk after copying serial numbers back into PlatformInfo --> DataHub.

To update the other EFI folder (Z170X-UD5) simply follow the procedure below. It will be good to become self-sufficient with OpenCore upgrades.
  • Follow this guide.
  • But completely replace the EFI/OC/Resources folder with the one included in the attached ZIP. This folder is common across all Hackintoshes.
  • Use OpenCore Configurator 2.52.0.0 and set its preferences to 0.7.4 Release Version.
    • The title bar of OpenCore Configurator should say 0.7.4 Release Configuration as shown:
View attachment 531554
Thanks again Casey, the 390 xtreme is working, i do have one error OC: Deleteing NVRAM xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx: - Invalid parameter... there are three entries under NVRAM in the configurator. The one referenced only shows the UI Scaling at 01.. and Default background color as 000000... one of the other entries has my usb exclusion verbose etc in it. Do i need to remove them all? i have not tackled the older machine yet.

Thanks again Casey, the 390 xtreme is working, i do have one error OC: Deleteing NVRAM xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx: - Invalid parameter... there are three entries under NVRAM in the configurator. The one referenced only shows the UI Scaling at 01.. and Default background color as 000000... one of the other entries has my usb exclusion verbose etc in it. Do i need to remove them all? i have not tackled the older machine yet.
I forgot to delete an empty row! Please do the following in the order shown, then save the file and reboot.
Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 6.29.30 AM.png

Once you have updated the EFI for GA-Z170X-UD5, feel free to compress and post if you'd like to have it checked.

I forgot to delete an empty row! Please do the following in the order shown, then save the file and reboot.
View attachment 531634
Once you have updated the EFI for GA-Z170X-UD5, feel free to compress and post if you'd like to have it checked.
thanks !!! i will correct xtreme when i get home, the z170x over the weekend.

I just copied my serial numbers into your EFI folder and booted Catalina 10.15.7 on my Z390 Designare with no trouble at all:

View attachment 531588

This could mean that serial numbers from Clover might not have been copied properly. Here's a guide with Clover on the left and OpenCore on the right:

View attachment 531590

View attachment 531589
Good news i write this post under OpenCore 0.7.4 ....
It was not related to serial numbers .... they were great from the beginning ...
I made some change on my BIOS and finally it works
Here are the changes i made (based on some post found on the website):
Wake Up on Lan -> Disabled
Internal Graphic -> Disabled (will try to enable again ...)
CSM Support -> Disabled
VT-d ->Disabled
Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled
Software Guard Extension (SGX) -> Disabled

I thank you again for your patience and your help and for everything you do here

Good news i write this post under OpenCore 0.7.4 ....
It was not related to serial numbers .... they were great from the beginning ...
I made some change on my BIOS and finally it works
Here are the changes i made (based on some post found on the website):
Wake Up on Lan -> Disabled
Internal Graphic -> Disabled (will try to enable again ...)
CSM Support -> Disabled
VT-d ->Disabled
Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled
Software Guard Extension (SGX) -> Disabled

I thank you again for your patience and your help and for everything you do here
Internal Graphics can be set to Enabled, but not Auto.

VT-d can be safely enabled.

These settings are provided in Post 1.

Internal Graphics can be set to Enabled, but not Auto.

VT-d can be safely enabled.

These settings are provided in Post 1.
This is probably this little thing i miss .... reading Post 1 again and again ;-)
Now it's time to install Big Sur, i will read Post 1 just before

@CaseySJ I am trying to update from OC 0.7.3 to 0.7.4 with the latest HackinDROM (2.0.4), but when I open HackinDROM and mount my EFI, it says my OC version is "OC Beta?" (with the question mark) and says it is up to date even though it's an older version. Have you seen this error before and if so, how should I try to address this? Thank you!

Back