Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi @CaseySJ Long time no speak. I have a query regarding updating my dual boot Windows 10 / MacOS Big Sur system to be Windows 11 / macOS Big Sur. I booted into Windows - ran the Windows 11 system check tool and it said I needed TPM.. I read here that Intel PTT is the same so I enabled that in the BIOS and booted back into Windows 10 and ran the check again. This time all was good and system meets the requirements.. However, before updating I thought I would reboot into MacOS just to make sure all works well with Intel PTT enabled in the BIOS. This is where it ended for me.. Apple boot logo and progress bar... then screen goes black and monitor shows a no input message. Hmmmm, rebooted and disabled Intel PTT in the BIOS and system boots (via OpenCore picker Menu, I forgot to mention this) in MacOS fine. I'm glad I didn't update Windows yet.. Any idea on what is happening here?
That is strange because on Z390 Designare with Intel PTT enabled there’s no problem with macOS. Which version of BIOS is installed on your Aorus Xtreme?

Also, which version of OpenCore is installed at the moment?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Hi @CaseySJ I have BIOS version F9i and OC 0.7.3 I’ll update to OC 0.7.4 and see if this helps

UPDATE: I have now updated to OC 0.7.4 and enabled Intel PTT and it now boots into MacOS fine. :) So now to test updating Windows 10 to Windows 11

Last edited:
Motherboard
Designare Z390
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX580 Pulse
I have exactly the same case. Here two files for you in case you want to go for the fenvi Bluetooth or the internal Bluetooth . Feel free to play with it :)
Thank you! Looks like your files have the USB2-ON-TB configuration. Honestly I don't require this so I didn't try to use them, but appreciate it none-the-less. :)

Wanted to post an update to the status of my sleep issues. I diffed the Fractal SSDT and the normal SSDT and found that HS11/HS12 were set to 0xFF and Zero (on the fractal). I just updated the regular SSDT provided and changed 0xFF to Zero. This didn't fix the issue unfortunately.

I then tried this fix from the sleep guide: sudo pmset -a tcpkeepalive 0. Rebooted, and this didn't work either.

Finally, I tried @CaseySJ's instructions on how to disable wake from USB using OC. This is working great for me. The computer stays asleep until I'm ready to turn it on again. Exactly what I was after, and I don't mind pressing the power button to turn it on.

I didn't bother trying to trace which USB device was causing the issues. I have a ton of devices hooked up, from a hub, external HDD, webcam, trackball mouse... The wake from USB fix is perfect for my needs :).

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus Z690 ProArt Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Could someone please link to the most up to date OC mini guide? I'm having a hard time finding it. I vaguely remember links being present on the original post, but I can't seem to find them either. Thanks !
No problem — simply go to Post 1 and near the top you will find a spoiler called Quick Reference to Mini-Guides and Micro-Guides. Inside that spoiler you’ll find links to all of the OpenCore mini-guides.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
No problem — simply go to Post 1 and near the top you will find a spoiler called Quick Reference to Mini-Guides and Micro-Guides. Inside that spoiler you’ll find links to all of the OpenCore mini-guides.
Ah totally missed that spoiler, TSYM!!! I've used this guide on my Hackintosh since 2018 and it's worked great all this time, thanks for all your work!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I was able to update co OC 0.7.4 on a flash drive using HackinDROM, however I cannot boot to my NVME installation anymore.

I used CCC to clone my Big Sur drive to a sata SSD, and I updated the SSD installation to Monterey (I wanted to test 10.12 first without risking any loss on my primary drive). This worked fine.

I then updated my main NVME drive to Monterey. Using the same OC that is used to boot the SSD, I tried booting to the NVME Monterey OS, however this fails. The installation seems to have worked, but when trying to boot, my machine becomes stuck on the Apple logo with a progress bar for a few minutes, then the screen flashes, and then just freezes a little before the halfway mark.

I'm using NVMEFix.kext and NVMEExpressdxe.efi (which was not necessary on Big Sur for me) on a Samsung 970 EVO plus (latest firmware). I've tried with and without nvmeexpressdxe.efi. I'm not sure what the problem would be, given that the settings I have are evidently valid for a Monterey build.

Any hints as to what may be causing a problem with an identical installation on an SSD and an NVME?

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KS
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. iBook
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
  5. Quadra
  6. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I was able to update co OC 0.7.4 on a flash drive using HackinDROM, however I cannot boot to my NVME installation anymore.

I used CCC to clone my Big Sur drive to a sata SSD, and I updated the SSD installation to Monterey (I wanted to test 10.12 first without risking any loss on my primary drive). This worked fine.

I then updated my main NVME drive to Monterey. Using the same OC that is used to boot the SSD, I tried booting to the NVME Monterey OS, however this fails. The installation seems to have worked, but when trying to boot, my machine becomes stuck on the Apple logo with a progress bar for a few minutes, then the screen flashes, and then just freezes a little before the halfway mark.

I'm using NVMEFix.kext and NVMEExpressdxe.efi (which was not necessary on Big Sur for me) on a Samsung 970 EVO plus (latest firmware). I've tried with and without nvmeexpressdxe.efi. I'm not sure what the problem would be, given that the settings I have are evidently valid for a Monterey build.

Any hints as to what may be causing a problem with an identical installation on an SSD and an NVME?
The CCC clone may be the culprit. You may have better luck using the Use Legacy Bootable Backup Assistant within CCC. YMMV...

Attachments

• Use Legacy Bootable Backup Assistant.png
    Use Legacy Bootable Backup Assistant.png
    44.6 KB · Views: 15
Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
The CCC clone may be the culprit. You may have better luck using the Use Legacy Bootable Backup Assistant within CCC. YMMV...
Hmm? Cloning to an SSD, updating that SSD and booting worked fine. Updating the original NVMe drive did not.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Sorry, guiscard, on two systems here the GPU utilization is working as expected, on both 0.7.2 and 0.7.3. However, and again, I'm on Catalina, and further, I don't use FCPx or Compressor, but Resolve, Adobe, and Avid. Try running Geekbench and Cinebench to test out your GPU utilization. For a comparison, and using Radeon Boost, my Vega 64 runs a 73k GeekBench Metal score, and on the system with the Radeon VIIs, it can pull 100k scores. Start with that and if your scores are in the ballpark of mine (with RB), I'd start taking a closer look at your config.plist, and/or issues with BigSur and FCP/Compressor. i.e., you say you tried the two main SMBIOS flavors, but did you correctly configure/remove your GPU device properties for each?
Good luck,
J
Sorry for the late reply. I was traveling. I thought my GPU device properties were configured correctly. Where would you suggest I find the correct properties? The Dortana guide isn't very specific on Radeon VIIs.