Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Not sure if this is documented anywhere else, please tell me where else to post this if I should. I am running this build on Mojave. I recently purchased an OWC ThunderBay 8 bay TB3 Raid. This raid needs Softraid 6 software to operate. SR6 XT which ships with the raid will NOT work. Apparently it is because the TB3 ports on the MB present themselves as PCI.. BUT the Softraid 6 Pro version works 100% fine with the Raid. This version of SR is designed to work with both OWC and Non-OWC enclosures.
Many Thunderbolt-based storage arrays require the Thunderbolt controller on motherboard to be flashed.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have run the release in attachment 1.txt above
Please note that all posts on Tonymacx86 must be in English. See Rules:

Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 10.49.39 AM.png

Your log file shows two errors.

Problem #1:

This shows that SSDT-TB3 is trying to access an object called SL09, which does not exist. The SSDT you posted earlier refers to SL0A, which is correct. So where is SL09 coming from? Most likely you are booting your computer from the wrong EFI folder. Please go to BIOS --> Boot section and check that Boot Disk Priority is correct.

(AppleACPIPlatform)
(AppleACPIPlatform) ACPI Error:
(AppleACPIPlatform) [
SL09]
(AppleACPIPlatform) [
SL09]
(AppleACPIPlatform)
Namespace lookup failure, AE_NOT_FOUND
(AppleACPIPlatform) Namespace lookup failure, AE_NOT_FOUND
(AppleACPIPlatform) (20160930/dswload-292)
(AppleACPIPlatform) (20160930/dswload-292)
(AppleACPIPlatform) ACPI Exception: AE_NOT_FOUND,
(AppleACPIPlatform) During name lookup/catalog
(AppleACPIPlatform) (20160930/psobject-310)
(AppleACPIPlatform) (SSDT:
TBTALPIN) while loading table
(AppleACPIPlatform) (SSDT:
TBTALPIN) while loading table
(AppleACPIPlatform) (20160930/tbxfload-319)

Problem #2:

This shows that SSDT-DTPG is not needed because Method DTGP is already defined by some other SSDT. So you can disable SSDT-DTPG.aml.

(AppleACPIPlatform) [
DTGP]
(AppleACPIPlatform) [
DTGP]
(AppleACPIPlatform) Namespace lookup failure,
AE_ALREADY_EXISTS
(AppleACPIPlatform) Namespace lookup failure, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS
(AppleACPIPlatform) (20160930/dswload-462)
(AppleACPIPlatform) (20160930/dswload-462)
(AppleACPIPlatform) ACPI Exception: AE_ALREADY_EXISTS,
(AppleACPIPlatform) (SSDT: DTPG) while loading table
(AppleACPIPlatform) (SSDT: DTPG) while loading table
(AppleACPIPlatform) 2 table load failures, 9 successful
(AppleACPIPlatform) 2 table load failures, 9 successful

Motherboard
Asus Prime X299 Deluxe
CPU
i9-7960
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I was able to install easily 0.7.4 on Mojave which didn't work on 0.7.3. Enabling Vt-d seems to have solved my never ending thunderbolt Blackmagic Ultrastudio HD mini problems which would constantly lag after several minutes. Thanks

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9 9900KS
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. iBook
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
  5. Quadra
  6. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I was able to install easily 0.7.4 on Mojave which didn't work on 0.7.3. Enabling Vt-d seems to have solved my never ending thunderbolt Blackmagic Ultrastudio HD mini problems which would constantly lag after several minutes. Thanks
I've always wondered if what is happening could be troubleshot/observed via Xcode<Instruments.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi @CaseySJ After the update to the latest OpenCore EFI, I got the black screen on Windows again. No worries, because I remembered you wrote this has to do with AppleVTD which was indeed the solution.

Is it possible, however, that we don't need to perform these changes after the update? Perhaps HackinDROM can help with this setting before the update? If not, then I will make sure it will become part of my own update routine. :)

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Hi @CaseySJ Long time no speak. I have a query regarding updating my dual boot Windows 10 / MacOS Big Sur system to be Windows 11 / macOS Big Sur. I booted into Windows - ran the Windows 11 system check tool and it said I needed TPM.. I read here that Intel PTT is the same so I enabled that in the BIOS and booted back into Windows 10 and ran the check again. This time all was good and system meets the requirements.. However, before updating I thought I would reboot into MacOS just to make sure all works well with Intel PTT enabled in the BIOS. This is where it ended for me.. Apple boot logo and progress bar... then screen goes black and monitor shows a no input message. Hmmmm, rebooted and disabled Intel PTT in the BIOS and system boots (via OpenCore picker Menu, I forgot to mention this) in MacOS fine. I'm glad I didn't update Windows yet.. Any idea on what is happening here?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi @CaseySJ After the update to the latest OpenCore EFI, I got the black screen on Windows again. No worries, because I remembered you wrote this has to do with AppleVTD which was indeed the solution.

Is it possible, however, that we don't need to perform these changes after the update? Perhaps HackinDROM can help with this setting before the update? If not, then I will make sure it will become part of my own update routine. :)
It might also be worthwhile to try and determine why Windows does not boot when we replace the DMAR table. On all of my Intel-based Hackintoshes there is no problem booting Windows through OpenCore.

On my various systems Windows has its own EFI partition and I haven’t installed any “heavy weight” third party apps. VT-d is enabled in BIOS. Maybe some apps or device drivers are causing Windows to crash when we use the modified DMAR table? Does Windows crash if it’s booted in Safe Mode (F8 I believe)?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi @CaseySJ Long time no speak. I have a query regarding updating my dual boot Windows 10 / MacOS Big Sur system to be Windows 11 / macOS Big Sur. I booted into Windows - ran the Windows 11 system check tool and it said I needed TPM.. I read here that Intel PTT is the same so I enabled that in the BIOS and booted back into Windows 10 and ran the check again. This time all was good and system meets the requirements.. However, before updating I thought I would reboot into MacOS just to make sure all works well with Intel PTT enabled in the BIOS. This is where it ended for me.. Apple boot logo and progress bar... then screen goes black and monitor shows a no input message. Hmmmm, rebooted and disabled Intel PTT in the BIOS and system boots (via OpenCore picker Menu, I forgot to mention this) in MacOS fine. I'm glad I didn't update Windows yet.. Any idea on what is happening here?
That is strange because on Z390 Designare with Intel PTT enabled there’s no problem with macOS. Which version of BIOS is installed on your Aorus Xtreme?

Also, which version of OpenCore is installed at the moment?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Hi @CaseySJ I have BIOS version F9i and OC 0.7.3 I’ll update to OC 0.7.4 and see if this helps

UPDATE: I have now updated to OC 0.7.4 and enabled Intel PTT and it now boots into MacOS fine. :) So now to test updating Windows 10 to Windows 11

Last edited:
Motherboard
Designare Z390
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX580 Pulse
I have exactly the same case. Here two files for you in case you want to go for the fenvi Bluetooth or the internal Bluetooth . Feel free to play with it :)
Thank you! Looks like your files have the USB2-ON-TB configuration. Honestly I don't require this so I didn't try to use them, but appreciate it none-the-less. :)

Wanted to post an update to the status of my sleep issues. I diffed the Fractal SSDT and the normal SSDT and found that HS11/HS12 were set to 0xFF and Zero (on the fractal). I just updated the regular SSDT provided and changed 0xFF to Zero. This didn't fix the issue unfortunately.

I then tried this fix from the sleep guide: sudo pmset -a tcpkeepalive 0. Rebooted, and this didn't work either.

Finally, I tried @CaseySJ's instructions on how to disable wake from USB using OC. This is working great for me. The computer stays asleep until I'm ready to turn it on again. Exactly what I was after, and I don't mind pressing the power button to turn it on.

I didn't bother trying to trace which USB device was causing the issues. I have a ton of devices hooked up, from a hub, external HDD, webcam, trackball mouse... The wake from USB fix is perfect for my needs :).