1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
  4. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
They should stay unchanged from old to new config.plist when using “Update OC” / “Reinstall OC”

New entries (also type changed entries like Boolean -> String) introduced by Acidenthera Team will have admin’s configured value but when it is not available then OC failsafe value will be applied
I updated from OC 0.7.3 to 0.7.4 with your terrific hackindrom 2.0.1 tool, but after reboot my hack hung with an error:
OC driver ExFatDxe.efi at 2 couldn't be found.

It was in my previous EFI, I think. I rebooted from an older EFI and copied the driver to the 0..7.4 EFI. That worked.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9 9900k
Graphics
RX480
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
  4. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
If it's not seen(no device found) loading the driver with kextload will not help. Nothing happens.

I don't think a real Mac would do much better, BTW. Maybe maintenance would be easier.

What makes Logic and Cubase unstable is a combination of 3rd party plugins. It will work fine one day, but after a restart the project suddenly refuses to load or crashes. The crash logs points at some random 3rd party plugin, but that's not it. Reshuffling the way the plugins load will often fix the problem.

I have less trouble with Bitwig, it might be that they have better protection/sandboxing against misbehaving plugins.

On the other hand, I use Bitwig more for sketching and as a playground, the real work is done in Logic or Cubase.

And I like to test new plugins, so my system is always in a state of flux.

What doesn't help either is that I never commit stuff to plain audio, I will keep MIDI with lots of software instruments and plugins until I bounce a master. I could freeze/commit stuff, but the whole composing/recording/mixing/mastering stuff is now a fluid process, and committing breaks the flow for me.
Hm. If I change something in OC, I need to cold boot otherwise my UAD card is missing.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
I7-9700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Guys,

a quick thank you. Especially to @CaseySJ. I today came here to check for the steps necessary updating from 11.3 to 11.6. Was about time securitywise. Updated OC with a fully automated tool (HackinDrom), did the bootable backup with a fully automated script, updated BIG Sur via System Updates. Read everything about it in various meticulously compiled guides. Flawless.

Man, I am running this machine since early 2019 and while it was some fiddling back then starting with mojave and buggy gfx drivers it‘s so smooth and easy meanwhile. Thanks to everyone contributing here.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KF
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I updated from OC 0.7.3 to 0.7.4 with your terrific hackindrom 2.0.1 tool, but after reboot my hack hung with an error:
OC driver ExFatDxe.efi at 2 couldn't be found.

It was in my previous EFI, I think. I rebooted from an older EFI and copied the driver to the 0..7.4 EFI. That worked.
Could you please post your 0.7.3 EFI folder. I'll check that in dev mode

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KF
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Guys,

a quick thank you. Especially to @CaseySJ. I today came here to check for the steps necessary updating from 11.3 to 11.6. Was about time securitywise. Updated OC with a fully automated tool (HackinDrom), did the bootable backup with a fully automated script, updated BIG Sur via System Updates. Read everything about it in various meticulously compiled guides. Flawless.

Man, I am running this machine since early 2019 and while it was some fiddling back then starting with mojave and buggy gfx drivers it‘s so smooth and easy meanwhile. Thanks to everyone contributing here.
I'm happy that HackinDROM works fine for you
Sometimes I'm thinking about stopping to support app's development as there's various bugs, its cool to have positive feedback.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KF
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hm. If I change something in OC, I need to cold boot otherwise my UAD card is missing.
What about BIOS > Thunderbolt configuration you may changed them?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
I7-9700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Sometimes im thinking about stopping to support app's development as there's various bugs, its cool to have positive feedbacks
Dude, it´s great and it really helped bringing the hackintosh thing to the next level. Thing is people sometimes take efforts like these for granted. I am sure though everyone would miss this cool little app.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Im happy that HackinDROM works fine for you
Sometimes im thinking about stopping to support app's development as there's various bugs, its cool to have positive feedbacks
HackinDROM (both the App and website) has become indispensable for many of us because of the monthly OpenCore updates. Imagine how much harder and error-prone our Hackintosh lives would be if every one of us had to manually update our EFI folders every month and deal with schema changes, new parameters, removed parameters, changed behavior of existing parameters, new EFI drivers, new kernel extensions, new OpenCanopy resources, and the list goes on.

In a way it is good to see a lot of posts when HackinDROM does *not* start up because it shows how much we are counting on it.

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-OpenCore
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Imagine how much harder and error-prone our Hackintosh lives would be if every one of us had to manually update our EFI folders every month and deal with schema changes, new parameters, removed parameters, changed behavior of existing parameters, new EFI drivers, new kernel extensions, new OpenCanopy resources, and the list goes on.
but that is the fun of hackintoshing