Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KF
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I updated from OC 0.7.3 to 0.7.4 with your terrific hackindrom 2.0.1 tool, but after reboot my hack hung with an error:
OC driver ExFatDxe.efi at 2 couldn't be found.

It was in my previous EFI, I think. I rebooted from an older EFI and copied the driver to the 0..7.4 EFI. That worked.
Could you please post your 0.7.3 EFI folder. I'll check that in dev mode

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KF
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Guys,

a quick thank you. Especially to @CaseySJ. I today came here to check for the steps necessary updating from 11.3 to 11.6. Was about time securitywise. Updated OC with a fully automated tool (HackinDrom), did the bootable backup with a fully automated script, updated BIG Sur via System Updates. Read everything about it in various meticulously compiled guides. Flawless.

Man, I am running this machine since early 2019 and while it was some fiddling back then starting with mojave and buggy gfx drivers it‘s so smooth and easy meanwhile. Thanks to everyone contributing here.
I'm happy that HackinDROM works fine for you
Sometimes I'm thinking about stopping to support app's development as there's various bugs, its cool to have positive feedback.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KF
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hm. If I change something in OC, I need to cold boot otherwise my UAD card is missing.
What about BIOS > Thunderbolt configuration you may changed them?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
I7-9700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Sometimes im thinking about stopping to support app's development as there's various bugs, its cool to have positive feedbacks
Dude, it´s great and it really helped bringing the hackintosh thing to the next level. Thing is people sometimes take efforts like these for granted. I am sure though everyone would miss this cool little app.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus Z690 ProArt Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Im happy that HackinDROM works fine for you
Sometimes im thinking about stopping to support app's development as there's various bugs, its cool to have positive feedbacks
HackinDROM (both the App and website) has become indispensable for many of us because of the monthly OpenCore updates. Imagine how much harder and error-prone our Hackintosh lives would be if every one of us had to manually update our EFI folders every month and deal with schema changes, new parameters, removed parameters, changed behavior of existing parameters, new EFI drivers, new kernel extensions, new OpenCanopy resources, and the list goes on.

In a way it is good to see a lot of posts when HackinDROM does *not* start up because it shows how much we are counting on it.

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-OpenCore
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Imagine how much harder and error-prone our Hackintosh lives would be if every one of us had to manually update our EFI folders every month and deal with schema changes, new parameters, removed parameters, changed behavior of existing parameters, new EFI drivers, new kernel extensions, new OpenCanopy resources, and the list goes on.
but that is the fun of hackintoshing

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus Z690 ProArt Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
but that is the fun of hackintoshing
Many of our users are audio, video, and photo professionals. For them the Hackintosh is a business tool. Its modularity allows them to build something tailored to their needs, that meets both power and cost considerations. Downtime is not a luxury they can afford. They won’t update every month, but they will update with some regularity to avoid getting too far behind.

The enthusiast and the hacker, however, might skip the easy route and avoid HackinDROM. That is always their choice.

HackinDROM, in other words, gives us options. It does not remove choice, but provides a choice that would not otherwise exist.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KF
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
In a way it is good to see a lot of posts when HackinDROM does *not* start up because it shows how much we are counting on it.
Negative feedbacks are always welcome, only with that I can improve the app!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9 9900k
Graphics
RX480
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
  4. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
HackinDROM (both the App and website) has become indispensable for many of us because of the monthly OpenCore updates. Imagine how much harder and error-prone our Hackintosh lives would be if every one of us had to manually update our EFI folders every month and deal with schema changes, new parameters, removed parameters, changed behavior of existing parameters, new EFI drivers, new kernel extensions, new OpenCanopy resources, and the list goes on.

I normally leave bootloaders alone for a long time, unless there's real progress. I clung to Clover for a long time. Why change bootloaders if they just work?
With OC it is the same as with Apple, fast forward all the time.
I have upgraded to OC 0.7.4/MacOS 11.6 so I can upgrade Logic Pro X to the latest version. When everything is stable again, which unfortunately is not yet the case, I will not upgrade OS or bootloader for the next 2 years or so.

I appreciate the work everybody puts in, my Hack works well enough to get work done. Thank you very much.

But I don't appreciate the frantic pace of updates and upgrades and changes that I don't care about, the make it easy for my mother-in-law stuff. I need a rock-steady and potent workstation for producing media. But Apple wants more mother-in-laws buying their stuff.