Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Please give a try

Just tested, like previous beta quits before opening in Catalina
@Inqnuam,

On my Z390, Z490, and B550 systems HackinDROM 2.0.0 and 2.0.1 work fine. But on my Asus X99 Deluxe II, it crashes on launch. The error in Terminal is Illegal Instruction. Clearing cache and deleting defaults file still results in the same error. All of these systems are running Monterey public beta.

If you'd like help to debug, just let me know.

@Inqnuam,

On my Z390, Z490, and B550 systems HackinDROM 2.0.0 and 2.0.1 work fine. But on my Asus X99 Deluxe II, it crashes on launch. The error in Terminal is Illegal Instruction. Clearing cache and deleting defaults file still results in the same error. All of these systems are running Monterey public beta.

If you'd like help to debug, just let me know.
Update: Version 2.0.1 is working fine now on the same Asus X99 Deluxe II.

HackinDROM v2.0.1 is now released

In this version auto-update is disabled until I find a better implementation, instead a button to download the new version of the app will be shown

Fixes for UEFI > Drivers.

OpenCore:
For those who have
UEFI -> Drivers -> "OpenUsbKbDxe.efi" and
UEFI->Input->KeySupport both Enabled,
Disable "OpenUsbKbDxe.efi" before updating to 0.7.4 because HackinDROM keeps your custom configuration during the update!
The file linked above identifies itself as hackindrom 2.0 under "about" Also in the zapato/public directory is labeled as hackindrom 2.0.0 For me n Catalina it quits shortly after launch.
Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 4.44.47 PM.png

The file linked above identifies itself as hackindrom 2.0 under "about" Also in the zapato/public directory is labeled as hackindrom 2.0.0 For me n Catalina it quits shortly after launch.View attachment 530123
Try running it from Terminal as follows:
Code:
cd /Applications/HackinDROM/Contents/MacOS
./HackinDROM
What do you see on the command line?

Try running it from Terminal as follows:
Code:
cd /Applications/HackinDROM/Contents/MacOS
./HackinDROM
What do you see on the command line?
Code:
$ cd /Applications/HackinDROM.app/Contents/MacOS/
$ ./HackinDROM
socket connected
ExplorerError(path: _version, description: "The value cannot be subscripted with a string as it is not a dictionary")
ExplorerError(path: _version, description: "The value cannot be subscripted with a string as it is not a dictionary")
Launching this way shows the Menuling but it disappears when clicked on.

It should be quite straightforward to do an in-place upgrade from 0.6.1 to 0.7.4. Alternatively, compress and post your 0.6.1 EFI folder after removing serial numbers from config.plist and I’ll update it.
i'll make backup and give it a whirl, i thought there was an EFI folder layout change somewhere after my version that required some changes.

Launching this way shows the Menuling but it disappears when clicked on.
Menuling? I like it -- Oxford needs to add this to the dictionary! :)

@Inqnuam is working on a test version. Let's wait for that.

Back