RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Some questions:
  • Which version of macOS are you running?
  • What is your System Product Name? iMac19,1 or iMacPro1,1 or ...?

Running Mojave 10.14.6 with iMac19,1

Rag

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I copied my current EFI to a USB thumb drive and changed the appropriate files in my EFI/OC folder for OC 0.7.4. I then enabled "Revise Features" in OC Config as suggested, I figured it wouldn't hurt if it wasn't needed. The test USB booted fine with the OC 0.7.4 and config.plist file.
@NCMacGuy MacGuy Thanks for your information, but I was in doubt and could not do as above. Download the 0.74 release file, but inside the folder is a huge amount of folders and files, which I don't know which ones are correct to replace, have x64, IA31 and Utilities folders? Could you tell me which correct files should be replaced? Thanks,

Motherboard
Gigabyte B550 Vision D
CPU
Ryzen 7 3700X
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@NCMacGuy MacGuy Thanks for your information, but I was in doubt and could not do as above. Download the 0.74 release file, but inside the folder is a huge amount of folders and files, which I don't know which ones are correct to replace, have x64, IA31 and Utilities folders? Could you tell me which correct files should be replaced? Thanks,
@Rag

Open the X64 folder, then the EFI folder. I copied and pasted replacing the indicated files into my EFI folder in the equivalent positions:

BOOTx64.efi
OpenCore.efi

The entire Tools folder (over-kill, one only needs the ones specified in your config.plist)
All Drivers folder .efi files in your current Drivers folders

There were no updated Kexts at the time.

Copy the indicated files:

OpenCore 0.7.4 Release.png

You will also need to open your EFI config.plist file with the latest OpenCore Configurator app which is set to "0.7.4 Development Configuration." I opened the PlatformInfo and UEFI sections and change and reset a random value to force OpenCore Configurator to think it needs to Save the config.plist so it will save the file in the OC 0.7.4 format.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Rag

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@Rag

Open the X64 folder, then the EFI folder. I copied and pasted replacing the indicated files into my EFI folder in the equivalent positions:

Hope that helps.
Thanks !!! this work now... I install and test two operation.. and work now ! 1. clean hard disk and install Monterey zero... ! and 2 .. Update my system and Work !

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i9-9700K
Graphics
RX Vega 64
Hi everyone,

Some times ago, I installed Catalina (10.15.6) with Clover. Now, I try to install Big Sur, so I followed the Mini-Guide. I have native Nvram and F9b Bios. I am stucked to the stage replace Clover by OpenCore. I tried to follow the Mini-Guide ** Mini-Guide: How to Replace Clover with OpenCore ** with OC 0.73. HackinDROM crashed on launch, so I tried to make a config.plist using the website.

When I tried to boot from a USB drive with OC, I see the boot menu, I can select the drive "Catalina", and then I see the white apple, but nothing happens, no loading bar.

I've tried many thing but I feel discouraged.

Could you help me ?

Thanks,

Lesabendio

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone,

Some times ago, I installed Catalina (10.15.6) with Clover. Now, I try to install Big Sur, so I followed the Mini-Guide. I have native Nvram and F9b Bios. I am stucked to the stage replace Clover by OpenCore. I tried to follow the Mini-Guide ** Mini-Guide: How to Replace Clover with OpenCore ** with OC 0.73. HackinDROM crashed on launch, so I tried to make a config.plist using the website.

When I tried to boot from a USB drive with OC, I see the boot menu, I can select the drive "Catalina", and then I see the white apple, but nothing happens, no loading bar.

I've tried many thing but I feel discouraged.

Could you help me ?

Thanks,

Lesabendio
Please check if BIOS --> Boot --> CFG-Lock is disabled. With this particular OpenCore configuration, macOS will not boot if CFG-Lock is enabled.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9 9900k
Graphics
RX480
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
  4. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hm. I seem to have lost my builtin Thunderbolt ports after upgrading to 11.6. They worked fine in Mojave, and they also worked directly after the upgrade. But now both ports are dead. Any ideas?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9 9900k
Graphics
RX480
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
  4. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hm. I seem to have lost my builtin Thunderbolt ports after upgrading to 11.6. They worked fine in Mojave, and they also worked directly after the upgrade. But now both ports are dead. Any ideas?
The whole Thunderbolt part was missing in the BIOS?! After a power off for 30 seconds and a reboot, TB was visible in the BIOS again, and stuff worked after that.

Can't imagine this has something to do with a MacOS software update. Must have been a coincidence.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
The whole Thunderbolt part was missing in the BIOS?! After a power off for 30 seconds and a reboot, TB was visible in the BIOS again, and stuff worked after that.

Can't imagine this has something to do with a MacOS software update. Must have been a coincidence.
Something like this happens very occasionally to many of us. But if this occurs repeatedly then it could be a cause for alarm.