i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@Rag

Open the X64 folder, then the EFI folder. I copied and pasted replacing the indicated files into my EFI folder in the equivalent positions:

Hope that helps.
Thanks !!! this work now... I install and test two operation.. and work now ! 1. clean hard disk and install Monterey zero... ! and 2 .. Update my system and Work !

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i9-9700K
Graphics
RX Vega 64
Hi everyone,

Some times ago, I installed Catalina (10.15.6) with Clover. Now, I try to install Big Sur, so I followed the Mini-Guide. I have native Nvram and F9b Bios. I am stucked to the stage replace Clover by OpenCore. I tried to follow the Mini-Guide ** Mini-Guide: How to Replace Clover with OpenCore ** with OC 0.73. HackinDROM crashed on launch, so I tried to make a config.plist using the website.

When I tried to boot from a USB drive with OC, I see the boot menu, I can select the drive "Catalina", and then I see the white apple, but nothing happens, no loading bar.

I've tried many thing but I feel discouraged.

Could you help me ?

Thanks,

Lesabendio

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus Z690 ProArt Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone,

Some times ago, I installed Catalina (10.15.6) with Clover. Now, I try to install Big Sur, so I followed the Mini-Guide. I have native Nvram and F9b Bios. I am stucked to the stage replace Clover by OpenCore. I tried to follow the Mini-Guide ** Mini-Guide: How to Replace Clover with OpenCore ** with OC 0.73. HackinDROM crashed on launch, so I tried to make a config.plist using the website.

When I tried to boot from a USB drive with OC, I see the boot menu, I can select the drive "Catalina", and then I see the white apple, but nothing happens, no loading bar.

I've tried many thing but I feel discouraged.

Could you help me ?

Thanks,

Lesabendio
Please check if BIOS --> Boot --> CFG-Lock is disabled. With this particular OpenCore configuration, macOS will not boot if CFG-Lock is enabled.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9 9900k
Graphics
RX480
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
  4. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hm. I seem to have lost my builtin Thunderbolt ports after upgrading to 11.6. They worked fine in Mojave, and they also worked directly after the upgrade. But now both ports are dead. Any ideas?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9 9900k
Graphics
RX480
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
  4. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hm. I seem to have lost my builtin Thunderbolt ports after upgrading to 11.6. They worked fine in Mojave, and they also worked directly after the upgrade. But now both ports are dead. Any ideas?
The whole Thunderbolt part was missing in the BIOS?! After a power off for 30 seconds and a reboot, TB was visible in the BIOS again, and stuff worked after that.

Can't imagine this has something to do with a MacOS software update. Must have been a coincidence.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus Z690 ProArt Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
The whole Thunderbolt part was missing in the BIOS?! After a power off for 30 seconds and a reboot, TB was visible in the BIOS again, and stuff worked after that.

Can't imagine this has something to do with a MacOS software update. Must have been a coincidence.
Something like this happens very occasionally to many of us. But if this occurs repeatedly then it could be a cause for alarm.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
To install the beta 7 of Monterey I did like this:

1) Boot on EFI from a USB key: OC 0.7.3—> with original SMBIOS (for me iMacPro1,1) I only changed SecureBootModel from disabled to j160 -> reboot -> appearance of the update up to date (without iCloud and Cie pb)

2) Download of the update (during the download -> on the EFI of the key change for an SMBIOS 17.1 and return to SecureBootModel: disabled) (like that no iCloud et Cie pb)

3) 1st reboot

4) 2nd reboot on temporary Macintosh HD

5) macintosh tempo disappeared, automatic reboot on disk to update

6) before the new (and last) reboot of the update (the one where it ends up appearing that there are still 10 'left): opening bios and selection of the efi containing the OC with SMBIOS that I like (for my part iMacPro1,1), so no pb iCloud et Cie with the ß7.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9 9900k
Graphics
RX480
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
  4. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Something like this happens very occasionally to many of us. But if this occurs repeatedly then it could be a cause for alarm.
It had me chasing some driver incompatibility in 11.6 first. Lots of these, BTW.
When I had this disappearing TB problem, PCI devices in About This Mac looked weird too.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7 9700K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I had something similar two weeks ago: after sleep, my Samsung SSD (connected to red USB 3.1 gen2) and my Presonus Quantum 2626 AI weren’t responding! A complete shutdown and a reboot cured this. Some gremlins I guess…

Rag

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Good morning everyone, thanks @CaseySJ for your contribution to the hackintosh community.

I've always been a user that in the first beta version of new OS, I wanted to install to see new features and changes.

But this time, I ended up not doing it, only now, after months I decided to install the latest Beta 7. Honestly, I was very frustrated, I found practically nothing that would motivate me to stay with a beta version, or even be anxious for a new version of the OS.

I see Apple kind of lost in space. But anyway it may just be my impression.
Although I don't like Windows that I used until 2005, today I have Windows 10 running on another HD on the same machine.

I'm more excited to see the new version Windows 11, promised for the next day 05/10.

Are we facing a deep system change that could bring many MAC users back to Windows?